The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

i'm don't know why everyone getting so psyched on having a removeable mag? i can't speak for everyone but i'd much rather have them spend the money on tampo printing or something to make the toy itself better, than a extra feature that any recaster down the road could make for us.

Ditto!!

Nothing fancy, good articulation, tight joints and tampo printing = best YF-19 ever :)

I know but it is the 19. May as well make it perfect. Glowing pinpoint barrier hands sounds funny.

They could make a clear plastic hand with a green tint (like the beam saber from gundam models) and the hand inside the clear plastic is reflective (ie like tin foil) so that it shines a bit. :D OR alternatively have a tiny battery inside the forearm which powers a light inside the clear plastic hollow hand so it lights up like a christmas light. hehe

Maybe an exclusive like the clear fast pack covers were to vf1?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i'm don't know why everyone getting so psyched on having a removeable mag? i can't speak for everyone but i'd much rather have them spend the money on tampo printing or something to make the toy itself better, than a extra feature that any recaster down the road could make for us.

I agree.

I'd rather have tampo printed markings and macross kites over the removeable magazines any day.

And given the yf-19 has chicken hands, it's not like it'll look any good reloading anyway~

that said... I wish the yf-19 and all subsequent valks came with some cool fix posed hands. NOW THAT will be cool.

I agree.

I'd rather have tampo printed markings and macross kites over the removeable magazines any day.

And given the yf-19 has chicken hands, it's not like it'll look any good reloading anyway~

that said... I wish the yf-19 and all subsequent valks came with some cool fix posed hands. NOW THAT will be cool.

I gotta agree with you on this one. tampo print the hell out of it, less little bits to keep track of.

I freeze-framed M+ recently, and it's one heck of a magazine. More like half the entire gunpod. I'd be surprised if there's a spare.

Holds 600 rounds right? Says a lot for it's staying power on the battlefield.

I wish that they came with fully articulated hands of a decent thickness, so that there is no need for removable fixed pose hands. Like an MG Gundam for example.

That would be ideal, but yamato probably wants to think (and pats themselves on the back) that they already produced one: the chicken hands or as I'd like to call 'em, the faggy hands. Someone's gotta tell them they suck nuts, and it's time for something new.

I also hope they're smart enough to offer them standalone for relatively cheap... if Godzilla and kensei alone buy one set for every 1/48 they have yamato will make good profit. :p

Correct me if i'm wrong, is the part I circled the magazine? Cause if it is, i don't see why it can't fit beneath the shield housing.

In battroid/gerwalk mode, the shield is attached on the top half to the hand, leaving clearance for the gunpod in the middle of the shield. And in figther mode, there is a little leeway in between the hands to allow space for the gunpod beneath the shield.

Here's graham's picture from TIAS magazine for reference.

tiasmacrossplusf.jpg

I could be wrong and Graham is snickering his butt off while whooshing his prototype YF-19 around the room while singing a tune "HAHA siilly MW-ers..."

And i reaally doubt that fold booster on shield thingy. Its too weird. I think it attaches to top of the legs, not the shied.

But yeah....bring on the tampo printing anyday!

post-1640-1159239870_thumb.jpg

I agree.

The hands look to be about the right size, actually, going by design works. As long as they grip well, I'll be happy with them.

Correct me if i'm wrong, is the part I circled the magazine? Cause if it is, i don't see why it can't fit beneath the shield housing.

nope not according to the anime it's not. it's actually the whole bottom part along with the part you circled... (see pic below)... it's quite a big part at that. it also doesn't look detachable in any of the pics I've seen.

magazinesm4.jpg

Edited by Nani?!

The hands look to be about the right size, actually, going by design works. As long as they grip well, I'll be happy with them.

For the 1/60's it's still a tad small, but for the 1/48, it's tiny.

And it's not just the size that's sub-par, it's just the whole look of the thing compared to the quality toys they're attached to... The atrocious trigger pose it's limited to forces me to pose all my valks with the gunpod, or else I have a bunch of valks looking like their eager to pick each others boogers...

They're subpar because:

- they can't make a normal fist

- bloody hell they can make any other hand pose

- look skinny and skeletal

- tad too small

- have poor use of articulation

- and subjectively speaking, they look like crap.

:D

Edited by Nani?!

nope not according to the anime it's not. it's actually the whole bottom part along with the part you circled... (see pic below)... it's quite a big part at that. it also doesn't look detachable in any of the pics I've seen.

http://imageshack.us]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/600/magazinesm4.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Golly its the whole stock. >_<

I admit that i'm not sure now. :lol: From the looks of it in the gerwalk picture, there aint any space for a mag if its loaded from the front of the shield. I thought it was loaded from the back of the shield.

'twas my point. Regardless of anime magic etc, there's just no way for an extra half-a-gunpod to be stored on the 1/60 shield. Officially it is supposed to carry spare magazines. Good luck finding space for 2...

As for shield/fold booster: We get a pretty good idea of where it connects from the anime. The "4 corners" of the shield is about it. The rear connection points could be by the legs, but the front ones are certainly near the head/shield intersection, outboard near the shoulders.

I agree.

I agree also.

For the price Yamato is asking they should include AT LEAST a pair of fixed hands. The SOC Gunbuster, which is 800 YEN cheaper and about 12†high, is chuck full of extras to represent all the gimmicks the robot had in the OVAs, a lot of fixed posed hands and a big base to store and display everything that looks like a launch pad.

Even considering that the YF-19 transformation is more complex and that Bandai is a lot bigger, Yamato should give us something more for that price or one insanely articulated, tampo printed, resistant and sturdy toy completely free of QC issues.

For the 1/60's it's still a tad small, but for the 1/48, it's tiny.

And it's not just the size that's sub-par, it's just the whole look of the thing compared to the quality toys they're attached to... The atrocious trigger pose it's limited to forces me to pose all my valks with the gunpod, or else I have a bunch of valks looking like their eager to pick each others boogers...

They're subpar because:

- they can't make a normal fist

- bloody hell they can make any other hand pose

- look skinny and skeletal

- tad too small

- have poor use of articulation

- and subjectively speaking, they look like crap.

:D

Don't hold back now, tell us what you really think! :p

I don't mind if they leave the existing hands as is to please perfect transformation nazis and demonstrate that you can fit them inside the arm, but I think (similar to GBP side covers for vf-1 and tampo printing) optional fixed pose "robot" hands (whether they can fit into the arm or not) wouldn't be asking too much if they were also included.

With tv series vf-1 valks, we got the bubble hands and chicken hands, so I think it would be good if they allowed slightly more aesthetically pleasing robot hands too. (in place of the usual bubble hands that vf-1 1/48s get) They did it before with GBP, (made more aesthetically pleasing hands) now just do something similar but not so huge. That would be just right for us battroid mode fans.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Swap parts are generally hated on when it seems like a cop out in the transformation engineering but if it's for the sake of asthetics then by all means give us the option!

Bandai's Gunbuster has transforming/astheticlly pleasing hands and feet and is all the better for them.

I want the hands that fold into the arms for perfect transformation, however I certainly wouldn't begrudge those who want larger, fixed-pose, hands as an option.

It would be best if they included a set of varying fixed-pose hands, including a set in fists that would fit inside the arm for transformation. Best of both worlds, I say. I've never really understood the idea that it must be one way or the other.

I wanted the hands to be like an MG, but can recess into the forearms by folding it in a flat palm, fingers together position or the same thing just with the thumb folded. I would have thought that would be enough.

Haterist, I wouldn't be so quick to buy, the MG hands make a good base for a new hand design, but remember that there is no wrist articulation.

eh, i'm not too worried about it, i kind of have it in my head that i want to make atleast one valk thats fully customized in every way possible but we're getting more and more off topic so....

how about that 19 huh? :D

graham really needs to post some more pics and info, this place is turning into a ghost town without him constantly teasing us.

just to bump this thread, recalled that the 1/60 YF19 would be out sometime in november or december. Is there any pics of a mass production piece as of yet? tks

The release is still scheduled for end of November. This date may or may not slip, depending on how smoothly any fitting and sizing issue (if there are any) get worked out. Even with CAD/CAM and EDM cut steel molds, the tooling still usually needs a bit of tweaking to get things just right.

There are no photos of the mass production toy, as mass production has not started yet.

Graham

Tks for the insight Graham, dun really mind if there is a delay for the YF19 release even if it next year, as long as any problems in the fittings/joints/parts are ironed out before they really go into mass producing this piece.