Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

Man, I think it's reaching an unacceptable level.  I know this is anecdotal but, there are fat kids everywhere.  I'm really ashamed that there are so many fat people in this country.  My extended family is a bunch of fat slobs and it just hurts me to see them like that.

I applaud the governer for doing something about the obesity issue.

329568[/snapback]

Yes, it's ingrained in our culture here in the US, I'm afraid. I once got to travel to Quebec, Canada, and it was very enlightening. Like going to France, only no plane flight. I saw nowhere near as many overweight [or at least, "obese"] people while in French-Canada; in fact I remember seeing very few indeed. The restaurants, the attitudes towards food and eating, the culture itself felt very "European," for lack of a better description. I noticed there were a lot fewer fast-food restaurants--when we went to dinner in Mt. Tremblant, our meals were made to order, nothing from under a heat lamp. None of the rushed feeling. By the time the last plate came out of the kitchen, the first guy to order was da-n near finished. None of that "gotta-have-it-now-just-gimme-a-burger-and-fries" mentality. We are a nation of gluttons, we are, sad to say. Here, it's "praise the Lord and pass the gravy." I think it's definitely a cultural thing--the changes have to come "from the ground up," start in the individual homes. Of course, the diet/exercise industry wouldn't want to ever have us come to that conclusion, not when they can give us the "quick-fix" *cough, cough, BULLS--T!!*. Hey, it's a multi-billion dollar industry, but we can make our own conclusions on that note....

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hilarious.

I was just reading last week a HUGE exclusive in one of those muscle fitness mags on Arnold from his birth to the present, very interesting work out schedule he had and what his life was like growing up. Espically his military career, how he loved it cause he got to eat all the time and skipped out to go to a competition and came back punished then later they congratulated him for winning lol.

• 2 years later...
I liked Arnold before he decided to become Enron's stooge.

Enron went out of business in Nov of 2001.

Arnold was sworn in to office in Nov of 2003.

:rolleyes:

Enron went out of business in Nov of 2001.

Arnold was sworn in to office in Nov of 2003.

That is correct, but it is well documented that in May of 2001 (google for sources) Ken Lay met with Arnold and some other high profile Republicans in California at the Peninsula Hotel to discuss staying the course with energy deregulation. Although the exact minutes from the meeting have never surfaced and the Govehnator has dodged the question every time it was asked.

So yeah... I think Arnie's political affiliations were well known at the time, but why the heck would you invite an actor/movie star to a meeting about energy policy? Is there anything on his resume to point towards the fact that he's some sort of expert on this subject? I don't see Obama consulting Bono or Ben Affleck on foreign policy?To me, it's more than a coincidence that a few months later he became governor.

Anyways, it's pretty well established by now that Enron played at least some sort of role, putting in mildly, in screwing over California. This is not my opinion, but that of the US Congress. Arnold should really come clean about the meeting.

IV6IST2IE2QB7USJRF3TTSD5C2FDQ22W.jpeg

Meh, that guy looks like an idiot...

Personally I would use a lead cap to shield my thoughts from the alien overlords. To read minds you would need some sort of wave energy higher or akin to X-rays to penetrate the cranium first - a lead cap can provide sufficient radiation shielding against most invasive waves higher in frequency than UV and is commonly used to shield medical practitioners from X-rays. It is theorized it even provides some protection against Gammas.

Uh.. ok, so back to Arnie. The stuff on my previous post is pretty much considered fact. If he doesn't have anything to hide, he should just come out and say it. Due to 9-11 though this issue quickly faded from memory.