Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

I'm suprised no one has brought up Bruce "come get some" Campbell. Tough and funny.

definitely bruce campbell, tough, witty, handsome with lines like "thats what we call pillow talk baby" and "good...bad....i'm the guy with the gun" hes gotta get on. :D

He is more funny and cool, than tough. If it were a coolness contest he would be on the list.

I'm suprised no one has brought up Bruce "come get some" Campbell. Tough and funny.

definitely bruce campbell, tough, witty, handsome with lines like "thats what we call pillow talk baby" and "good...bad....i'm the guy with the gun" hes gotta get on. :D

He is more funny and cool, than tough. If it were a coolness contest he would be on the list.

He is tough. He cut off his own hand when it "went bad" and drank a kettle of boiling water. :lol::lol:

He is tough. He cut off his own hand when it "went bad" and drank a kettle of boiling water. :lol::lol:

:huh: Was that in Army of Darkness?

again comparing to arnold,

funny, "you said you'd kill me last"......i lied. :lol:

cool, he was the terminator how much cooler can you get?

tough, hes friggin conan, nuff said

bruce campbell

funny, any line in any of his TV shows or movies,

cool, he gets away with crap all the time....a badass trait

tough, he broke plates over his own head and chopped off his hand(something arnold ahs neer done and completely badass) when it went bad and made a new one not to mention he slapped a chainsaw on his stump.

Honorable Mention to Chuck Noris in Delta Force - he effectively used the 2nd coolest fictional motor-cycle ever. Who was the one CO guy in that? He was really cool as I remember...

Another one to Denzel Washington in Man of Fire - whatever your opinion may be of him, he was Badass of the Year in my book for that role. If you sent his character to find Osama he'd be dead in a month. Also he did stand up to Gene Hackman real well in Crimson Tide.

christopher walken & christopher lee might be adden to the list.

where is jackie chan in the list ?!!!!

(2days ago, there was a movie on tv with arnold being pregnant :blink: )

When he said that, my first thought was "No! Bad Arnold! Bad Arnold!" since I was convinced that the other side was going to try to glomp on that like they did when he used the phrase here in CA.

Then, I started laughing, because it still is a pretty good line.

Another one to Denzel Washington in Man of Fire - whatever your opinion may be of him, he was Badass of the Year in my book for that role. If you sent his character to find Osama he'd be dead in a month. Also he did stand up to Gene Hackman real well in Crimson Tide.

Both those fail in comparison to the bad ass he was in Training Day. Although he wasn't a particularly nice guy, either.

When he said that, my first thought was "No! Bad Arnold! Bad Arnold!" since I was convinced that the other side was going to try to glomp on that like they did when he used the phrase here in CA.

Then, I started laughing, because it still is a pretty good line.

Do you know what he said?

Yeah...he said during the speech : "Don't be economic girlie men." He'd used the "girlie man" phrase a few weeks before, trying to shame the California legislature into passing their budget somewhere before the 2025... He was immediately sniped at for being "sexist and homophobic..."

Edited by Pat Payne

Yeah...he said during the speech : "Don't be economic girlie men." He'd used the "girlie man" phrase a few weeks before, trying to shame the California legislature into passing their budget somewhere before the 2025... He was immediately sniped at for being "sexist and homophobic..."

He obviously didn't give a sh!t about what his critics had to say. They just didn't see his Saturday Night Live sketch. Anyone who has seen it knows it has nothing to do with girls or gays.

He obviously didn't give a sh!t about what his critics had to say. They just didn't see his Saturday Night Live sketch. Anyone who has seen it knows it has nothing to do with girls or gays.

There was a skit of the Oak on SNL? What episode? Was it shown already?

There was a skit of the Oak on SNL? What episode? Was it shown already?

Yeah like in 81...

Here is a picture from it:

girly_men.jpg

basically. :rolleyes: i have no idea why people get all bent out of shape when Arnold says it, its a joke for christ sake....even when A1 says it, i know hes not actually insulting insulting anyone, he just kidding around or just trying to entertain himself. :D

hanz and franz ROCK!!! the episode is mad old but mad funny.

He obviously didn't give a sh!t about what his critics had to say.  They just didn't see his Saturday Night Live sketch.  Anyone who has seen it knows it has nothing to do with girls or gays.

basically. :rolleyes: i have no idea why people get all bent out of shape when Arnold says it, its a joke for christ sake....even when A1 says it, i know hes not actually insulting insulting anyone, he just kidding around or just trying to entertain himself. :D

hanz and franz ROCK!!! the episode is mad old but mad funny.

It's the God of Political Correctness that these fools bow down to - some guys just don't get that to be funny sometimes you got to be a little imperfect. Dave Chappele is an excellent example of how good it should be.

It's not just Political Correctness--it's just standard politics in the US these days. Take what your political opponent has said, remove all context (in fact substitute your own if necessary) and publicize it in the worst light possible. Both major political parties play the game.

(Hopefully we won't veer back into the politics, which almost killed this thread at its inception.)

the first time was funny, the second wasn't

It was funny to all those who didn't hear it the first time...

And I think it was more of a statement to his critics than anything. Funny or not.

UPDATED!

The Official Agent ONE: Tiers of Toughness

TIER ZERO: GODMODE: the divine

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER – Its lonely at the top. He defines indestructible action heroes in the most extreme way, when you see him in person, he doesn’t even look human. From the machine he was in Terminator, to even his tender side in Conan the Barbarian he has displayed that he is just unstoppable.

CLINT EASTWOOD – Found the energy after facing death in the desert to throw a cup of water in Tuco’s face and crack a joke in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. All the Sergio Leone movies saw him looking down the barrel of a pistol many times and he didn’t flinch. Toughness unlimited. Upon rethinking the situation and a long discussion with Duke Togo (no not Sonny Chiba.. The MW member) I have decided that Eastwood is immortal like Arnold.

* Honorable mention goes to Jesus Christ… He wasn’t an action star, but if he was I am sure he would be one bad mo-fo just like Arnold.

TIER ONE: Bullet-proof

SONNY CHIBA – Duke Togo, Golgo13… There is no tougher character in anything ever. In fact if instead of Alien vs. Predator, it was Alien vs. Golgo13 I’d imagine Sonny would walk out of the movie with an alien skin coat.

SYLVESTER STALONE – The man has made some corny movies, but is immortalized for the first 3 Rocky movies and First Blood. He took insane torture and even saw death to come out victorious, and for the most part fought for very little other than pride. So tough, he’s a commie’s worst nightmare.

TIER TWO: Laughs at death

JACK NICHOLSON – Powered by insanity most of the time this ‘Joker’ was always looking death in the eye, and death was scared. His pinnacle was One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, the Shining, or A Few Good Men. Just badass.

BRUCE LEE – This guy was the most dangerous man with his fists to ever live. His movies were great fun and he was always in awesome shape. Unfortunately in real life he wasn’t great at avoiding death like in the movies.

MEL GIBSON – Mad Max.. Braveheart, Payback, really tough.. Too bad he has done so many limp roles since then, he would have scored much higher.

TIER THREE: Drinks Gasoline

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN – The Deer Hunter, just beautiful to be able to gamble with your brain as a betting chip. Like Jack, powered by insanity but a much more seductive insanity, mesmerizing in a way, and on top of that he did hold that watch up his ass for a few years.

GENE HACKMAN – The French Connection, Enemy of the State, Runaway Jury, Unforgiven… He always impressed me with his toughness, kind of gave me chills reminding me of my father when he was pissed at me for painting the cat.

WILLIAM HOLDEN – Suicide mission in Bridge on the River Kwai made this guy tough for me. Probably even more so because I saw it as a little kid, but this guy was tough both on and off the screen.

TIER FOUR: Eats nails

CHARLES BRONSON – This dude was just awesome in his day, but I could never decide if the source of his toughness was insanity like with Jack, or it was ‘little-man disease.’ We all know this guy was like 5’3. I understand most actors are short, but I always felt like his character was the little guy trying to push everyone around. Aside from this fact he probably belongs with Sly, Clint, and Jack in “Laughs at Death.”

ROBERT DENIRO – The Taxi Driver… Nuthin beats a suicide mission, or even the stuff he did in the Deer hunter. The guy just eats nails.

LEE MARVIN – The Dirty Dozen was just awesome, and it would have been nothing without Lee. One tough sucka.

TIER FIVE: Walks on broken glass

BRUCE WILLIS – Ends up covered in his own blood at the end of every movie… Pain is nothing to him, and I like the way he dealt with terrorists in The Seige.

JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME – The ‘Muscles from Brussels’ has a great physique, probably the best in acting as far as pleasing to the mass market, however in real life he seriously fails to be tough. Claiming to be the greatest martial artist in the world then getting your ass kicked when trying to be Billy BadAss at a NY club is not so tough. Recent information suggests that he may have been outnumbered so he gets to hang with Bruce.

LEE VAN CLEEF – Not many movies really highlight his badass nature, but when cast in the Sergio Leone movies is enough for me. Awesome tough.

GEORGE LAZENBY – Yeah yeah, the dude only did one real movie, but the self proclaimed “Connery Copy” did it all without the use of gadgets. The only Bond to rely ONLY on his toughness and wit.

Honorable mention goes to Robert Shaw. I just haven’t seen enough of him to really judge; I think he belongs with Lee, James, and Bruce though.

TIER SIX: Better than average

SEAN CONNERY – The original Bond does disserve some credit, though we all knew he was going to make it out of any life threatening situation, he still looked down the working end of a few guns and managed a smile. He would have been higher but he depended just a little too much on his gadgets which may be cool, but isn’t tough.

PAUL HOGAN – “That’s not a knife”… Not superhuman, but way better than the average so-called action star.

JAMES COBURN – Our Man FLINT! The ultimate in cheesy spy movies, as well as a ton of other great roles, one always knew if Coburn was in the movie he would put on a tough show. Even toward the end of his life in Payback he was In like Flint.

TIER SEVEN: On par with the rest of humanity

HARRISON FORD – Was a tough dude back in the 80’s but his work after that was great acting, but lacked any and all toughness. I just see him as a regular guy.

CHUCK NORIS – Better than average back in the day, but never did much on the screen for me. Had a good career start but is just pathetic now.

TIER EIGHT: Is my hair ok?

STEVE MCQUEEN – Was ok in Bullet, but never did much for me. He was high on the ‘chick magnet’ scale, but he isn’t really tough.

CHARLTON HESTON – Maybe his movies are just too old for me to really get into, but he never really did much for me in the realm of toughness. One of the best actors on the list, but surpassed many times over in toughness by the above Tiers.

TIER NINE: Lisp-Ville

JOHN WAYNE – Sorry guys, I know back in the day this kind of dude was considered tough, but he just comes off as an overweight blowhard to me. FAT does NOT equal tough after 1975. Russell Crowe fits this description also, but he isn’t even a legend so he doesn’t even get a spot on the list.

Glad to see Bill Holden made the cut. Unlike some of the other guys, he could also be quite the dapper charmer (Paris When It Sizzles, Sabrina), yet he was still taking tough roles late in his career. Starred with McQueen in The Towering Inferno, BTW.

And mention of Sabrina is a nice way to seque into another suggestion from yesteryear: Humphrey Bogart.

what s your definition of thoughness anyways ?

physical power ? presence power of the screen ? bad ass role even if the actor is a pussy ? <_<

Maybe ed harris could go in the list, he s always a good nazi :ph34r:

otherwise chuck norris should go in tier 3 or 4, and again where is jackie chan ?:p

what s your definition of thoughness anyways ?

physical power ? presence power of the screen ? bad ass role even if the actor is a pussy ? <_<

It is just the feeling that they give me on screen... I mean like Jack isn't super strong or anything, but he just puts the fear of God in most people, and most (including me) feel like his characters are able to take serious punnishment and laugh about it.

To me, Jack is just a sort of crazy guy, not really tough or hardbitten. I personally wouldn't rate him any higher than Bruce Dern or Donald Sutherland. But it's your list, A1. (And also, I haven't seen A Few Good Men.)

Suggested category: Flosses with barbed wire.

More nominees: Telly Savalas, Frank Sinatra (yeah, ever seen Von Ryan's Express?), George C. Scott, Robert Mitchum.

To me, Jack is just a sort of crazy guy, not really tough or hardbitten. I personally wouldn't rate him any higher than Bruce Dern or Donald Sutherland. But it's your list, A1. (And also, I haven't seen A Few Good Men.)

More nominees: Telly Savalas, Frank Sinatra (yeah, ever seen Von Ryan's Express?), George C. Scott, Robert Mitchum.

I thought about Telly, after playing the most badass Ernst Blowfeld ever. I don't know sh!t about the other guys.

I thought about Telly, after playing the most badass Ernst Blowfeld ever. I don't know sh!t about the other guys.

Frank Sinatra in the original Manchurian Candidate, George C. Scott in Patton, and I'm not about the last one.

I have to admit I haven't seen Mitchum in that much stuff. Mainly The Winds of War, when he was past his prime. But like Holdman, he was one of those guys who looked like he subsisted on a diet of scotch, cigarettes, and red meat, and he was in a bunch of WWII flicks. But I suspect he was at his scariest in the original Cape Fear, where he had the De Niro role. Need to see that some time.

I have to admit I haven't seen Mitchum in that much stuff...But I suspect he was at his scariest in the original Cape Fear, where he had the De Niro role. Need to see that some time.

Yeah Bob mitchum deserves bad ass status. While you're at it, check Mitchum out in Night of the Hunter. He plays a freaky-deaky psycho killer ex-con preacher who has Love & Hate tatooed on his knuckles. A very surreal film... plus I think it finally got released on DVD. Great example of how not all films from the days of yore were all peaches 'n' cream... a dark, dark flic...