Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

What about Mister T!

I pity the fool who don't include T. He'll throw ya hella far and then drink some milk!

Also what about Mifune?

Rocky 3... ONE good movie. Funny guy but hardly a legend.

What about Mister T!

I pity the fool who don't include T.  He'll throw ya hella far and then drink some milk!

Also what about  Mifune?

Rocky 3... ONE good movie. Funny guy but hardly a legend.

Mr. T not a legend? Come on man he had his own cartoon, breakfast cereal and doll. How many on your list can claim that? He is probably tougher in real life than on screen. He's an ex-GI, 2 time toughest bouncer and he whupped cancer, fool.

GENE HACKMAN – The French Connection, Enemy of the State, Runaway Jury… He always impressed me with his toughness, kind of gave me chills reminding me of my father when he was pissed at me for painting the cat.

Dude,

How can you not mention Unforgiven. He's a bad-ass throughout that movie. Twice, near the end, he stares death in the face. What he says to Eastwood while looking down the barrells of that shotgun is just f'ing priceless.

H

GENE HACKMAN – The French Connection, Enemy of the State, Runaway Jury… He always impressed me with his toughness, kind of gave me chills reminding me of my father when he was pissed at me for painting the cat.

Dude,

How can you not mention Unforgiven. He's a bad-ass throughout that movie. Twice, near the end, he stares death in the face. What he says to Eastwood while looking down the barrells of that shotgun is just f'ing priceless.

H

oooo.. Very true! I will add it. It doesn't shift his place though. The guy was a bad ass in so many movies.

okay, i know that he has never really headlined a film, and when he has it failed, but samuel l jackson has to without a doubt be one the list, he is without a doubt a through and through badass, and always will be

I like Jackson more when he wasn't a badass.... his roles ranged so much. The nerd in Jurassic Park, the cop with the teary eye in Jade, Jack's friend in Patriot games. Now he just goes around and shouts.

okay, i know that he has never really headlined a film, and when he has it failed, but samuel l jackson has to without a doubt be one the list, he is without a doubt a through and through badass, and always will be

He may have a place on the list, He was the man in Pulp Fiction, but after the candy ass racist he played in that Shaft remake abomination, then the puntang jedi role, he is probably bunkin with Chuck Norris.

1) I can't believe you put Charlton Heston in the same tier as the Almighty McQueen!!! Heston, while appearing tough on screen, is actually a big pussy.

2) I can't believe you put Steve McQueen so low!!! Sure, in The Great Escape, he didn't do "the jump" but he did just about all the rest of his stunts. The man lived and breathed speed.

3) Where the hell is Jack Pallance on your list? Any man who could make Ripley's Believe It or Not tough has to be on that list!!!

p.s.- The "Oak" hasn't done anything good in years. To own the top of the list, I really think one must have consistency as well as toughness.

Edited by the white drew carey

JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME – The ‘Muscles from Brussels’ has a great physique, probably the best in acting as far as pleasing to the mass market, however in real life he seriously fails to be tough. Claiming to be the greatest martial artist in the world then getting your ass kicked when trying to be Billy BadAss at a NY club is not so tough.

to his defense, he never claimed to be a martial arts expert, he has always said hes a ballet dancer. the NY club you're talking about is Scores(mighty fine strip club) and the guy(i think his name is chuck?) who beat him up(punched him once) was about 200 lbs heavier than him not to mention the 18 other bouncers who had his back. thats like my 130 lbs ass squaring up against Arnold or floyd patterson against butterbean....not really a fair fight.

he only had 3 good movies, blood sport, kickboxer and my all time fav cyborg. B))

Oh, yeah--William Holden.

Hell yeah! He ran the Wild Bunch. It takes one huge nutsack to lead your posse into the lions den on a suicide mission. Then he shot, like, 300 mexicans with an M1918 machinegun.

Plus he took on Damien.

Don't forget his suicide mission in Bridge on the River Kwai

why isn't harrison ford on the list? or gary oldman?

Oldman is chronically in the supporting cast, so no... Ford could be though, I wouldn't rank him high, however.

Oldman is chronically in the supporting cast, so no... Ford could be though, I wouldn't rank him high, however.

i'll give ya oldman but ford?!?!?

got tortured by vader and live to tell the tale, frozen in carbonite and kicked boba fetts arse while he was blind(dumbluck but still) he took on the nazi's, posessed by cult then tried to rip the heart out of the leader and theres so much more....

got tortured by vader and live to tell the tale, frozen in carbonite and kicked boba fetts arse while he was blind(dumbluck but still) he took on the nazi's, posessed by cult then tried to rip the heart out of the leader and theres so much more....

True. but after the IJ movies he went way soft. Really lightweight movies. That loses him some serious points.

True. but after the IJ movies he went way soft. Really lightweight movies. That loses him some serious points.

granted, but he got roped into a bunch of Tom Clancy movies is all. more plot, less action for the aging actor but i wouldn't call him soft.

your hero arnold did jingle all the way and kindergarten cop(still in his prime), not to take away from arnold's badassedness but exceptions can be made.

Edited by haterist

Arnold came back from the dead after being crucified (Jesus is the only other dude to pull THAT off) and then chopped off Darth Vader's head, tossed the head into the crowd and just sat there with thousands to view his blood covered glory...

You guys really need to stop comparing people to The Oak.

How about Kirk Douglas? Spartacus was pretty badass.

What else was he in? You are right Sparticus WAS REALLY bad ass.

The Vikings, Detective Story, 20,000 leagues Under the Sea and the Indian Fighter come to mind.

The Vikings, Detective Story, 20,000 leagues Under the Sea and the Indian Fighter come to mind.

I've only seen 20k leagues out of that list, and I don't really remember Kirk.

He's the only thing I really remeber about 20k. The other movies are good but Spatracus is the best. You must admit that by 1950's standards he's as tough as they come.

He's the only thing I really remeber about 20k. The other movies are good but Spatracus is the best. You must admit that by 1950's standards he's as tough as they come.

Yep... Way better than that blowhard John Wayne.

Yep... Way better than that blowhard John Wayne.

You do know that Marion's (yep, that's the Dukes real name) dream was to be a dancer. :lol::lol:

Opus must have been reminded by the word "crucifixion"...

Douglas was also in Paths of Glory, which featured him blowing a whistle and waving a revolver as he led men to certain death on the Western Front in World War I.

And The Vikings, where he does a lot of swinging on ropes, kissing girls, and sword fighting with Tony Curtis and Ernest Borgnine. (Borgnine also starred with Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure, and Holdman in The Wild Bunch, so maybe his presence is a sign of badassness going on, even if he himself is a little too rotund and comical to be on the list himself.)

I'm suprised no one has brought up Bruce "come get some" Campbell. Tough and funny.

definitely bruce campbell, tough, witty, handsome with lines like "thats what we call pillow talk baby" and "good...bad....i'm the guy with the gun" hes gotta get on. :D