Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

Well, we don't know the exact tone of Mays' comment...and it sounds like Ahnold was trying to fake his way through the encounter. But yes, a really nice guy would simply introduce himself.

I didn't exactly support Gavin, since I'm not a SF voter and I probably paid even less attention to this SF mayoral election than many of the others. But I know SF needs some fixin' (even though I always like visiting the place) so good luck to whoever's trying to fix it.

I really had to reach to decide who Willie Mays is.

Give poor Arnie some slack.

Woah... Maybe I just grew up in a house where baseball was important, but I would recognize Mays before I would recognize almost any other sports hero... Maybe Arnold not recognizing him is sort of understandable considering the importance of baseball in Austria.

But take Js's advice and just chill. If you keep getting pissed off and offended over trivial crap on these forums, you'll soon be branded the above title. It happened with another person on here about 4 or 5 months ago and she became basically ostricized by mods and members alike.

There near the end, before she just decided to leave MW for good, no one really took anything she posted seriously. Her posts were either attacked by trolls at every chance or just outright ignored altogether; all because she had been branded a drama queen, attention whore, etc. And the sad part of the whole affair is that she had been one of MW's better denizens way back in the day. :(

Just take it easy. :) So what if there is a double standard here? We all know that it's been that way since these forums have existed. The mods pick and choose what content is acceptable and what isn't...that's their job.

Its obvious that you have no idea what happened so speaking as someone directly involved I suggest you stuff a sock in it. Its done with, Quadrano showed everyone what kind of person she is and after her true colors were revealed(and my integrity upheld) she became overwhelmed by the fallout of her own machinations.

People give me grief and all that crap when they disagree with me, but I'm still here and so are they. So don't act like she was ganged up on or anything... she just dug her own grave too deep. (no no.. dig up stupid)

As to why I am in this thread(before anyone tries to call me on it), I'm on official mw business(and investigation at the request of another member).

she had been one of MW's better denizens way back in the day. :(  

Back in the day??

IIRC, and I am quite sure I do, Quadrano existed on MW for a grand total of about 4 months, and that was last year. I don't think back in the day applies here.

I'm not so sure about one of our better members anyway.

It seems that her reputation, like many others of her ilk, was simply based on a small group of under-sexed males equating interaction with her on a message board to real-life relations with a female.

Your point is also noted MM.

Max Jenius and Mechamaniac,

Both of you hit the nail right on the head.

I especially like the part about "under-sexed" males, and that was my sentiment as well.

I remember calling her on the content of her posts early in the ballgame, but it didn't do any good.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Max Jenius and Mechamaniac,

Both of you hit the nail right on the head.

I especially like the part about "under-sexed" males, and that was my sentiment as well.

I remember calling her on the content of her posts early in the ballgame, but it didn't do any good.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Yes and we all know that those "under-sexed males" are one of the attention whore's favorite foods.

My point? Arnold Schwarzenegger is awesome! :ph34r:

• 2 months later...
It's interesting you'd say that... 

Rambo 2 was written by James Cameron... the guy that put you know who on the map...

but yes, First Blood was a lot better...

The OAK was put on the map by Joe Weider... It was just a matter of time untill Hollywood saw his unreal perfection.

I meant the hollywood map... I mean, Hercules in NY was a career killer and T1 pulled him from the brink, he'd be Lou Ferrigno now if i wasn't for Cameron.

No way man... Pumping Iron brought him to fame, Cameron got him on a budget, because he got to Arnold first.

Lets continue this discussion in the OFFICIAL thread.

And everybody knows that Conan the Barbarian put Ahnuld on the map. Its easy to forget that since The Destroyer was such a steaming turd, but Barbarian was a huge hit.

:o I totally forgot Conan predated Terminator... must be remembering things in the order I saw it... but Bsu is absolutely right!

And everybody knows that Conan the Barbarian put Ahnuld on the map. Its easy to forget that since The Destroyer was such a steaming turd, but Barbarian was a huge hit.

:o I totally forgot Conan predated Terminator... must be remembering things in the order I saw it... but Bsu is absolutely right!

EXO said this.

So yeah Conan did bring into the larger Hollywood, but Pumping Iron really did it. Have you guys seen it?

I think he did the Jane Mansfield story before that though.

I dunno, after Arnie told me gay marriage would destroy civilization, I can't really get behind him.

First of all he didn't say anything close to that, secondly read the first line of this thread. I'll quote it for you:

There is to be no political discussion in this thread… It is against the Terms of Use of Macross World.

So yeah Conan did bring into the larger Hollywood, but Pumping Iron really did it. Have you guys seen it?

yup and yup. pumping iron should be a prerec. before exercising

So yeah Conan did bring into the larger Hollywood, but Pumping Iron really did it.  Have you guys seen it?

Have you seen the Special Edition DVD? It has all the out takes. It shows how they tried to really make Bodybuilding a much bigger looking sport than it was when the movie was made... They kind of hid the fact that all the top competitors in the world all worked out in the same gym and they were all buddies. There were some great scenes they had to take out... They also have recent interviews with all the guys.

So yeah Conan did bring into the larger Hollywood, but Pumping Iron really did it.  Have you guys seen it?

Have you seen the Special Edition DVD? It has all the out takes. It shows how they tried to really make Bodybuilding a much bigger looking sport than it was when the movie was made... They kind of hid the fact that all the top competitors in the world all worked out in the same gym and they were all buddies. There were some great scenes they had to take out... They also have recent interviews with all the guys.

I havent seen the SE DVD, but my "buddy" is supposed to lend it too me

Pumping Iron definitely placed Arnold's name into the public consciousness, but it wasn't until Conan that anybody really considered him a performer. Before that he was just some guy with big muscles. Case in point: The Villain? Nothing but "gimmick" casting. And let's not forget "Stay Hungry."

I dunno, after Arnie told me gay marriage would destroy civilization, I can't really get behind him.

First of all he didn't say anything close to that, secondly read the first line of this thread. I'll quote it for you:

There is to be no political discussion in this thread… It is against the Terms of Use of Macross World.

Riots/destroy civilization - I'm paraphrasing. And I'm not talking politics. I'm discussing Arnold, the greatest actor on Earth. There's a difference you know.

Pumping Iron definitely placed Arnold's name into the public consciousness, but it wasn't until Conan that anybody really considered him a performer. Before that he was just some guy with big muscles. Case in point: The Villain? Nothing but "gimmick" casting. And let's not forget "Stay Hungry."

True. Just because of the cornball gmick thing I have never seen and don't want to see the Villan... But I want to see Stay Hungry. Have you seen it, is it good?

True. Just because of the cornball gmick thing I have never seen and don't want to see the Villan... But I want to see Stay Hungry. Have you seen it, is it good?

Villain was painful for everybody involved. Kirk Douglas should still hang his head in shame. :(

Stay Hungry...? I honestly can't say. I seem to recall seeing most or all of it years and years ago, but I can't remember a thing about it. All I know is that Arnold plays a gym instructor.

Pumping Iron definitely placed Arnold's name into the public consciousness, but it wasn't until Conan that anybody really considered him a performer. Before that he was just some guy with big muscles.

I disagree. He remained the just-some-guy-with-big-muscles-mold until Kindergarten Cop and Twins.

This thread has become gay.

Pumping Iron definitely placed Arnold's name into the public consciousness, but it wasn't until Conan that anybody really considered him a performer. Before that he was just some guy with big muscles.

I disagree. He remained the just-some-guy-with-big-muscles-mold until Kindergarten Cop and Twins.

This thread has become gay.

Perhaps, but Conan was his first top billing.

Poll available on Schwarzenegger.com:

In a hundred years, how do you think Arnold will best be remembered?

As an action star.

As a bodybuilder.

As a businessman.

As a politician.

As a hero.

So what do you guys think? (Remember no politics)

As an action star.

As a bodybuilder.

As a businessman.

As a politician.

As a hero.

Action Star,,,,ALL the way

Conan was the best movie for its time, Ive got allmost every movie he has made except for K Cop,,,,,,,,,VHS and DVD

As an action star.

As a bodybuilder.

As a businessman.

As a politician.

As a hero.

Action star. Body building is a niche (sorry AOne!), I had no idea he was a real business man, can't talk about politics cause there's nothing to talk about, and he's done nothing heroic.

If it wasn't for the movies, he'd be a nobody by now.

All good responses guys, I would say though he did have a success in business as far as promoting the IFBB (International Federation of Bodybuilding). Before him bodybuilding was an unknown sport.

Is he a hero, tough to argue. I voted hero just because he has been such an inspiration in my life.