Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

.. But I suspect he was at his scariest in the original Cape Fear, where he had the De Niro role. Need to see that some time.

Cape fear was a remake!!!?? :o

Yep. You'd be surprised how many of the films we think of as modern classics are remakes. (Or I was, at least.)

Amped, hang on a sec. That description you give of Night of the Hunter sounds too much like Cape Fear.

Checking...

Ah, I see. Yes, Mitchum had the tattooed Knuckles in Night of the Hunter, then as an hommage in the remake of Cape Fear (in which Mitchum also has a supporting role), De Niro has the tattooed knuckles. Night of the Hunter sounds like one scary, sick movie. Must see.

Edit: BTW, I don't think Sinatra is all that tough in Manchurian Candidate, but it is a great movie. Von Ryan's Express is more hardbitten.

Edited by ewilen

.. But I suspect he was at his scariest in the original Cape Fear, where he had the De Niro role. Need to see that some time.

the original is a must see. It make the DeNiro version look like crap.

On an interesting Arnold note I read yesterday that he was the first choice for Flash Gordon but his English wasn't good enough. They gave the part to Sam Jones and ended up dubbing his voice anyway. :lol: It's all for the best, Arnold's too big to be a quarteback anyway.

On an interesting Arnold note I read yesterday that he was the first choice for Flash Gordon but his English wasn't good enough. They gave the part to Sam Jones and ended up dubbing his voice anyway. :lol: It's all for the best, Arnold's too big to be a quarteback anyway.

I'll have to see it. I just put it on my netflix list..

Arnold as Flash Gordon... eek. That would have been as good as Last Action Hero.

I'll have to see it. I just put it on my netflix list..

Arnold as Flash Gordon... eek. That would have been as good as Last Action Hero.

I sorta liked Last Action Hero. :ph34r:

Last Action Hero is definitely underrated. I think part of the problem is that audiences today are so stupid, they don't know that half of the stunts in the film are spoofs of action movies. They're just so numb to this stuff that when Action Hero made fun of it, nobody realized it was a joke. Plus, it didn't help that the press was hoping for the film to fail long before it was released.

I get the joke that Last Action Hero is a spoof...

I just never thought it was very funny. That kid annoyed the crap out of me. Arnold's not really at his best doing comedy. Twins was about as good as it gets in that arena.

I just lost A LOT of respect for Arnold. "The Oak", or "The Joke"?

Arnold lies about his youth in Austria for a pat on the head at the RNC.

"My family didn't have a car — but one day we were in my uncle's car. It was near dark as we came to a Soviet checkpoint."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2...tent_370713.htm

To me this says he was traveling with his uncle. And he didn't say there were commie tanks parked next to his house, so its feasable.

I think whats really is going on here is his critics are just grasping at straws, I mean really, who cares?

If a politician has to simplify a story to make a point, no big deal.

I just lost A LOT of respect for Arnold. "The Oak", or "The Joke"?

Arnold lies about his youth in Austria for a pat on the head at the RNC.

"My family didn't have a car — but one day we were in my uncle's car. It was near dark as we came to a Soviet checkpoint."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2...tent_370713.htm

To me this says he was traveling with his uncle. And he didn't say there were commie tanks parked next to his house, so its feasable.

I think whats really is going on here is his critics are just grasping at straws, I mean really, who cares?

If a politician has to simplify a story to make a point, no big deal.

They're just lookin' for some ammo against "The Oak".

• 4 months later...

Whoa, remember the Great Arnold Height Debate?

Did anyone catch him on Leno tonight?.

They really should tell the cameraman NOT to zoom out on Arnold while he is sitting down. The lifts in his shoes were clearly visible.

I have it on my TiVo, if I can figure out how to get pics, I'll post em.

They really should tell the cameraman NOT to zoom out on Arnold while he is sitting down. The lifts in his shoes were clearly visible.

Dude DO IT!!!

I really want to see that.

They really should tell the cameraman NOT to zoom out on Arnold while he is sitting down.  The lifts in his shoes were clearly visible.

Dude DO IT!!!

I really want to see that.

Just the fact that the camera is always positioned at knee-height pointing upwards at him should be indication enough...

For those college kids with Ruckus, or for those who want Arnold in CD form:

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Total Body Workout

I mean, who could NOT work out to Arnold with "I'm So Proud" and "It's Raining Men"...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :lol:

Certainly NOT the highlight of his career.

When I was a little kid, in the time period when I stopped chewing on the furniture and started watching Macross, I began to look up certain individuals in society. Of course I borderline worshiped Ronald Reagan, there was another that I looked up to. When I was probably about 7 years someone handed me a Guinness Book of World Records. I was certainly excited about the book, as I liked to laugh at the fat people, however I noticed one page that really caught my interest. The “Best Physique Award” was given to a guy who at the time had just won a few Mr. Olympia competitions. He looked like a God. Almost like a machine (I was too young to have seen Terminator yet, and I am not sure it was even out yet). I showed the page in the book to my Father and asked if Arnold was strong. My Father smiled told me that he saw a movie the year I was born called, “Pumping Iron” and it seemed to him that Arnold was the most powerful man alive. He bought me some books that featured Arnold that focused on the sport of Body Building and for my next birthday I got a weight set. From early on I became dedicated to physical fitness, and had two role models Schwarzenegger for being physically powerful and Reagan for his political power, who knew that Arnold and I shared the admiration for Reagan also.

Arnold has inspired me to push myself physically ever since I really could, he gave me the motivation to get into the gym when I was a skinny kid and brought me to victory in the county wide physical fitness competitions for the Cub Scouts, then the ability to dominate in Wrestling, Swimming, and Track in High School, then to playing college Rugby with a National Championship winning team.

So I wanted responses to this thread to be either discussions of Arnold’s movies, or his career in general, have fun!

leave your sexual fantasies out of Macross World.

• 2 weeks later...
:huh: Did anyone happen to catch the A&E movie 'See Arnold Run'? We didn't have time and I was just wondering how it was. I'm not really a big Arnold fan, but I do respect the determination with which both he and Maria approach everything, so I'd like to know if this movie was worth watching.

The actor for "young Arnold" was spot-on. . . charismatic, etc. He even had the accent just about perfect. The guy for "old(er) Arnold" was well-nigh unwatchable until you got over his bad accent and rather unconvincing likeness to the real thing.

Sorta like watching "Thirteen Days". . . I thought I'd have to turn it off when I first heard Costner's Boston Irish accent. But I got over it and eventually stopped noticing.

H

Personally I think he is overrated as a former athlete is hypocritical b/c he used the “juice” himself, but denounces others from doing the same. Uh huh, double standard bud. Sadly his doublespeak and double standards is not restricted to just his stance on “juice”, it extends to his stance on gouging the very education and the future generations by continuing to cut education. Thanks Arnold the future generations of California truly thank you. Acting wise I prefer him as a comedian it is much easier to laugh with and at him than to take him seriously in his action films. And as a action hero IMO he really isn’t a great role model for young people either. Violence seems to solve most of his characters problems.

Personally I think he is overrated as a former athlete is hypocritical b/c he used the “juice” himself, but denounces others from doing the same. Uh huh, double standard bud. Sadly his doublespeak and double standards is not restricted to just his stance on “juice”, it extends to his stance on gouging the very education and the future generations by continuing to cut education. Thanks Arnold the future generations of California truly thank you. Acting wise I prefer him as a comedian it is much easier to laugh with and at him than to take him seriously in his action films. And as a action hero IMO he really isn’t a great role model for young people either. Violence seems to solve most of his characters problems.

I dissagree with everything you said...

He does NOT speakout against Steroids, in fact quite the oposite. He has stated on many occasions that back in the day they didn't have any idea what these things would do to them, and he feels that its a shame that the media and lawmakers have been more interested in making these things ileagal than to research the health benifits of such drugs. In fact he was vocally against the most recent steroid ban act of 2005 (newer designer drugs) as he said "I don't think Government ever does a good job of regulating anything."

Oh just found it:

In a speech at the convention that was met with a standing ovation on Sunday, Schwarzenegger told attendees that he believes the Food and Drug Administration should not regulate dietary supplements because "I have very rarely seen the government do anything that was effective."

I dissagree with the other stuff you said but politics is not allowed on MW so you better can it before a mod cans you.