Caprica! Dynasty Meets BSG

Is she losing her mind, or is some one trying to make her think she is seeing her bead Brother?

Well the Delphi Convalescent Institute will be the Farm in nBSG. Amanda was chasing her brother in its corridors when she was crazy.

Edited by RedWolf

So...did anyone else figure out the answer to the Host's riddle?

So as the gods overthrew the Titans.

So as Man overthrown the gods.

When Man visits his sins upon his Children how should he be repayed?

- The Riddle

Mysteries, New Cap City

All of this has happened before... And (it) will happen again... again...again

-First Hybrid

Basically when humanity created life and did not treat it well expect payback. The Colonials made that mistake so did the 13th Tribe.... All the way back to Kobolian mankind and the Lords of Kobol and even further to the Lords of Kobol and their progenitors.

Also note Prometheus is mentioned. Prometheus is known as the patron of humankind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus#Aeschylus

According to Aeschylus interpretation in addition to giving humankind fire, Prometheus claims to have taught them the arts of civilization, such as writing, mathematics, agriculture, medicine, and science.

In an apparent twist on the myth of the so-called Five Ages of Man found in Hesiod's Works and Days (wherein Cronus and, later, Zeus created and destroyed five successive races of mortal men), Prometheus asserts that Zeus had wanted to obliterate the human race, but that he somehow stopped him.

So as the gods overthrew the Titans.

So as Man overthrown the gods.

When Man visits his sins upon his Children how should he be repayed?

- The Riddle

Mysteries, New Cap City

All of this has happened before... And (it) will happen again... again...again

-First Hybrid

Basically when humanity created life and did not treat it well expect payback. The Colonials made that mistake so did the 13th Tribe.... All the way back to Kobolian mankind and the Lords of Kobol and even further to the Lords of Kobol and their progenitors.

Also note Prometheus is mentioned. Prometheus is known as the patron of humankind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus#Aeschylus

According to Aeschylus interpretation in addition to giving humankind fire, Prometheus claims to have taught them the arts of civilization, such as writing, mathematics, agriculture, medicine, and science.

In an apparent twist on the myth of the so-called Five Ages of Man found in Hesiod's Works and Days (wherein Cronus and, later, Zeus created and destroyed five successive races of mortal men), Prometheus asserts that Zeus had wanted to obliterate the human race, but that he somehow stopped him.

I just figured the answer was "With destruction." Isn't that what happened when Mankind's children came home?

I just figured the answer was "With destruction." Isn't that what happened when Mankind's children came home?

Then what will happen to Mankind's children's children?

The Hybrid calls Man the Makers of the Makers. There is not one maker of the Eight Cylon models but two. The Cylon Centurions created by the Colonials and the Final Five whose ancestors were created in Kobol.

Cavil fraked both sets of his parents. Tigh, Ellen, Sam, Galen, Tory got boxed while the Guardians , who doesn't want to be scrapped like the rest, escaped with only one Basestar.

Then Cavil fraked his grandparents essentially. Which in turn during the Cylon rebellion the new Centurions whose sentience inhibitors were removed promptly killed him (temporarily) for what he did to them.

I'll bet the Red Stripes are happy Cavil fell down that black hole.

Edited by RedWolf

Wow! What a roller coaster ride of an Episode, cant wait for next season!

And to Beltane70, of course the writers are frakking with you........ or maybe their not. :unsure:

Really messed up about Joseph finally finding his daughter. Is that it for Tamara or does she really have a higher purpose?

Edited by 505thAirborne

Noooo Phillaaaammooooon! Chemistry.com, get your match today!

Now that Adama is on the 12 step MMORPG recovery program, he should be back on his feet soon - it definitely looks like the Graystone & Adama alliance is going to happen based on the trailer now that they've both hit rock bottom and they need each other's skillsets to outflank Vergis - who at this point is pretty much in complete control of the situation.

On the STO Front, I wouldn't be surprised if the STO leadership on Geminon are the ones that ultimately succeed in copying the MCP. Sam will just have to thank them and steal it back :p .

Edited by Ghost Train

DAMN!!! :o

(uh...how long until next season...?)

Probably September.

Hopefully Philomon left notes so the Cylons would be created.

Interesting thing about Evelyn... I think we may be looking at the future Mrs. Adama which Joseph Adama marries if Bill's dossier that Evelyn is his mother and statement that they get divorced is anything to go by.

In Hero Bill's mother is listed as Evelyn. We know in the pilot his mother is named Shannon.

just got around to watching the final episode last night! Great cliff hangers all the way around! Can't wait for new episodes!!! :lol:

Yeah, but one cliff hanger I'm surprised that they DIDN'T do:

we saw Sister Clarice after the bomb blew up. Wondering if she got blown up or not

seems like such an obvious route to take that ya gotta wonder why they didn't go for it...

Maybe BECAUSE it was so obvious.

Yeah, but one cliff hanger I'm surprised that they DIDN'T do:

we saw Sister Clarice after the bomb blew up. Wondering if she got blown up or not

seems like such an obvious route to take that ya gotta wonder why they didn't go for it...

Maybe BECAUSE it was so obvious.

I thought it was a good choice. I think that particular reveal maintains some much needed momentum immediately going into the next half season.

I thought it was a good choice. I think that particular reveal maintains some much needed momentum immediately going into the next half season.

And the important part is that

Barnabas and Lacy think she's dead.

EDIT: Can I tell you how much I've missed the spoiler tags? Brings me right back to Macross Frontier's run... ^_^

Edited by Gubaba

• 3 months later...

Interesting stuff... Daniel + Adama involved in a Tauron turf war, Adama grandma hurting someone :lol: , and more MMORPG hijinx... can't wait. I'm guessing Graystone probably lost the contract, so he and Adama are offering the tech to the Halatha.

Don't mind the wait, if they pull it off.

New Cylon War Webisodes featuring William "Husker" Adama.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/07/battlestar-galactica.html

Those who've been hoping for a new chapter of the "Battlestar Galactica" story may get their wish.

An online series called "Blood & Chrome" is in the works, one that would follow the experiences of a young William "Husker" Adama in the first Cylon War.

According to Mark Stern, Syfy's executive vice president of original programming and the co-head of original content for Universal Cable Productions, "Battlestar Galactica" and "Caprica" co-executive producer Michael Taylor will write the the script for the new venture.

battlestar galactica "Blood & Chrome" is "about a young man's initiation into war: both the realities of war as fought by soldiers on the ground (and in Battlestars and Vipers), and the somewhat less real version portrayed in the media," according to Taylor.

"Blood & Chrome" would consist of nine or 10 episodes of nine or 10 minutes each, and it would make use of cutting-edge digital technology and special effects to depict the Cylon War. If it is greenlit to production, it will be filmed using green screens and virtual sets, not unlike Syfy's "Sanctuary" or James Cameron's "Avatar." Before "Battlestar Galactica" ended, high-tech scans were made of all the show's sets, so that the special-effects team will be able to re-create them (possibly even in 3D).

"I've seen the virtual, 3D version of CIC ['Battlestar's' Combat Information Center] and it's pretty damn cool," Taylor said. "And yet the movie isn't confined to Galactica. Far from it. It's a story that will take us to new corners of the 'Battlestar' world (or worlds), and yet it aims to be a very contemporary war movie in a lot of ways. I would say I'm thinking as much of Afghanistan and Iraq--the reality of 'Hurt Locker,' Sebastian Junger's 'Restrepo,' and similar movies--as I am about about the largely implied past of 'Battlestar.'"

Though Taylor said he'll strive for the kind of emotional engagement that was the hallmark of "Battlestar," which ended in 2009, expect lots of of cliffhangers and visceral suspense as well. "We're not going to be shying away from R-rated blood and guts and sex," Taylor noted. "Because this is initially meant to air online, we pretty much have no restrictions in that department."

It's not known yet if "Blood & Chrome" would star Nico Cortez, the actor cast as young Adama in "Razor," a previous "Battlestar Galactica" movie. There may be one other character from "Razor" in the new online series, but it would feature a mostly new cast.

If "Blood & Chrome" is successful, it could be the first a series of similar projects, and if it's judged very successful, it could even act as a backdoor pilot for a TV show set in that war-torn "BSG" era.

Speaking of the Cylon War, "Caprica," a Syfy drama that depicts events leading up to that conflagration, visited Comic-Con over the weekend. Audio of the panel and a brief panel report are below.

Caprica Comic-Con panel

Judging by the Season 1.5 clip shown at the start of the show's panel, when "Caprica" returns in January, it will have a lot more action, narrative tension and drive. The show, which was disappointingly uneven in its first set of episodes despite its strong cast, certainly needed all those things.

Now that "Caprica's" world and characters have been established, the show's challenge is to "create situations and dramatic milieu as intense and riveting as what we did on 'Battlestar,'" executive producer David Eick said at the Comic-Con panel. That's the goal for the second half of the first season and for the second season, if the show gets one.

In Season 1.5, James Marsters will return as terrorist Barnabus Greeley, Scott Porter will be back as polygamist Nestor Willow and John Pyper-Ferguson will return as Tomas Vergis, a business rival of tech titan Daniel Graystone.

Barnabus is "looking out on a society that's eating itself alive as far as he's concerned. …. He's disgusted," said Marsters, who was on the panel (and who, by the way, confirmed that he'll reprise his role as Brainiac in the 200th episode of "Smallville").

"Caprica" will also return to New Cap City, a virtual game that was effectively showcased in Season 1's most compelling episode, "There Is Another Sky." That hour found Tamara, a character who was dead in the real world, trapped in a videogame in which she found she had special powers.

Virtual worlds like New Cap City will be important as the show moves forward, as will the robots that Daniel Graystone created in the wake of his family's personal trauma. Creating a slave class of robots will have serious consequences for Caprical going forward.

And in the second half of the season, viewers will see many more iterations of Zoe, the young woman who was instrumental in the creation of the Cylons. When it comes to what Zoe does in the second half of the season, "I don't think you're expecting what's going to happen," actress Alessandra Torresani said at the panel.

Will "Caprica" get a second season? Ronald D. Moore, "Caprica" co-creator and executive producer, said on the panel that he "firmly believes" it will. That decision will be made in coming weeks by Syfy executives.

One last tidbit related to the "Battlestar" world: Taylor is also developing a potential Syfy pilot for Scott Stuber's Stuber Productions. It's tentatively called "The Watchers," and it deals in the kind of contemporary social and political issues that "Battlestar" frequently explored.

It's set in the world of corporate espionage, and the characters at the center of the drama worry about the power they've been given to spy on the lives of ordinary citizens -- yet having such power also allows them to do good as well.