Caprica! Dynasty Meets BSG

Perhaps a third series will be made set during the First Cylon-Human war, I don't think Caprica is the right forum for that.

Also, I can't believe that kid grows up to be the Admiral Adama - he's so attached to grandma :p .

Edited by Ghost Train

Perhaps a third series will be made set during the First Cylon-Human war, I don't think Caprica is the right forum for that.

Also, I can't believe that kid grows up to be the Admiral Adama - he's so attached to grandma :p .

Cylon kills grandma... Adama's tauran side comes out! Problem solved.

Cylon kills grandma... Adama's tauran side comes out! Problem solved.

What exactly is "tauran side" coming out? Is that like he starts talking with a heavy Italian accent and be like, "Capiche! Fugedabouit! Spaghetti mama mia! " :p

Edited by Ghost Train

Apparently Tauron is Latin. Capricans are Greeks while Taurons are Romans.

This is not to say there is only polytheism in the Colonies. nBSG stated there are followers of Mithras which are some what tolerated. Also there could be a Scandinavian or Viking culture somewhere with naming Ragnar and Valkyrie.

It is the followers of the One that is persecuted and the Capricans were weary of. Then again Capricans are portrayed as off world racists. From the minister of defense to Tamara Adama.

Taurons came off as some sort of Sicilian/Aztec cross.

I mean Taurons literally speak Latin. Taurons refer to the Roman versions of the gods. Sam swore by the name of Mars that he and the Ha'la'tha would avenge Joseph's wife and daughter deaths if he gives the word. Which is interesting in the Caprican patheon Aurora is part of the big 12 gods. Aurora isn't a Greek deity but a Roman one. The composition of the Colonial gods is different from the Greek pantheon of 12 but only Aurora , Starbuck's patron god, is a Roman god.

Well the architectural Aztecs with pyramids are the Virgons. Seen in The Plan.

I just got to watch this yesterday, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Not only are we getting back story of the colonies before the Cylon War & the genesis of the Cylons themselves, but also the beginnings of Centurion independence and their understanding of religion. It also seems to be getting at the origins of Cylon projection and resurrection. Most importantly, its still dealing with the central tenets of BSG: What it means to be human, and how desperation can lead to the best and worst in "people."

Very impressed, not what I was expecting. DVR already set for next week...

This was a so so episode, the bit about Cylon-Zoe chopping the guy's finger off was a bit predictable - but now we can see the roots of the Cylon rebellion! I think the best part of the series thus far is still to illustrate the world of Caprica itself in such unique and great detail.... did Joseph's brother walk right into Chinatown for his protection duties :p ?

Oh I missed this one startying up. better fire up the bittorrent machine. It will be ages till we get it in the U.K and even then it will be on SKY or cable :(

BTW, Hulu will have the episodes up 4 days after they air for those who don't want to download the episodes.

http://www.hulu.com/caprica

Zoe's mom is an idiot.

... Zoe's mother is an idiot

+1.

I know you're probably in shock over your daughter's death and finding out she had another life away from you, but maybe as a medical professional, you should realize seeking help might be a better solution than "that".

*points at angry mob*

Zoe's mom being an idiot kinda shows how big wars are rooted from idiotic arguments (not to be political and staying on track>>>) Zoe's mom public display of ignorance plants the seed that turns teenage rebellion into a righteous cause. While she is annoying as a character, it's very realistic in a way that a lot of cultural disputes stem from a number of people's over-zealousness.

This has probably been discussed in the BSG thread - but is there a possible connection between Daniel Graystone and the Daniel piano playing guy hallucination of Kara Thrace? Starbuck is probably too young to be their daughter, but a grand-daughter perhaps?

Was Starbuck's hallucination Daniel? I don't think he ever gave a name... :unsure:

This has probably been discussed in the BSG thread - but is there a possible connection between Daniel Graystone and the Daniel piano playing guy hallucination of Kara Thrace?

I think the official word is no. Just a coincidence.