Caprica! Dynasty Meets BSG

If I ever see Zooey in person, I'd have to tell her the truth about me...

I work with top secret military robots...

Is it any worse than Sister Clarice practically spouting she is monotheist to the mother of the girl she recruited that died with the mother thinking her daughter killed a lot of people? Good thing Amanda is too dumb to realize it. Course both were dopped at the time.

edit:

Caprica has shown us two types of Vipers in V-World. New Cap City's Viper and V-Match Viper. Now if the kid was right these vehicles have real life equivalents. Now from the intakes we assume these are atmosperic fighters. We don't know yet if these are space capable. One thing is for sure these Viper won't fit the Viper tube of a Colonial Fleet capital ship.

CapricaFighters.jpg

Capricafighterrear.jpg

Capricafightertop.jpg

CapricafighterViper1.jpg

Caprican Vipers have the same pentagon as Raiders.

CapricafighterViper3.jpg

CapricafighterViper2.jpg

CapricafighterViper5.jpg

CAF could stand for Caprica Air Force

CapricafighterViperregistry.jpg

Edited by RedWolf

If I ever see Zooey in person, I'd have to tell her the truth about me...

I work with top secret military robots...

That's hot.

Ditto. But also---wow, last word of the episode. That's really all that matters.

Indeed. This show is definitely moving in unexpected directions...

I didn't notice until they were freeze-framed, but those Vipers are like 50% F-18 parts. Squished and morphed, but they artists were definitely using the F-18 for reference, or already had a CGI F-18 and modified the heck out of it.

I didn't notice until they were freeze-framed, but those Vipers are like 50% F-18 parts. Squished and morphed, but they artists were definitely using the F-18 for reference, or already had a CGI F-18 and modified the heck out of it.

that was my first thought, there's also a a few big F-4 bits in there too (canopy windscreen, intakes, etc...).

there interesting, although I don't think I like the FSW's.

The Viper shown in the simulation looks remarkably similar to the classic GI Joe Conquest fighter.

You mean something like this, that was my first reaction that these resembled the GI JOE X-30. But I like the CAF VIPER better!! :D

post-6180-1268769770_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1268769777_thumb.jpg

You're all missing the most important point: Philomon went with "Flight Simulator" for a date instead of "A MASSAGE FOR TWO"!?!

The boy's got a real problem...he's thinking too much with the big head, and not enough with the little one...

:blink: I'd asked how you think all of that would be possible with holo-bands but at the same time, I think that's something best left to the imagination.

You mean something like this, that was my first reaction that these resembled the GI JOE X-30. But I like the CAF VIPER better!! :D

Yep, that's the one.

You're all missing the most important point: Philomon went with "Flight Simulator" for a date instead of "A MASSAGE FOR TWO"!?!

The boy's got a real problem...he's thinking too much with the big head, and not enough with the little one...

Well you know, he is a nerd after all - and common sense might not be his strong suite (PhD confirms). If his ancestors survived The Fall, made it onto the Galactica Fleet and landed on Earth V2.0, his descendants would likely be a board member here who watches animu, complains about toys, and argues in HG vs Robotech thread.

Personally, my nerd holoband fantasy would be to perform the Valkyrie gerwalk rescue maneuver, yep you know the one :) .

Don't ask me, but it WAS one of the choices...

Should have been clearer. My post was in reference to this:

Herakles did say you can score 50 girls in a day in New Cap City.

I'd hate to walk in on that in the real world...that ain't Elmer's glue all over the room.

I'd hate to walk in on that in the real world...that ain't Elmer's glue all over the room.

Y'know, Graystone said that holobands are over, but I wonder if he thought about what a boon they were to the bedsheet-laundering businesses all over the 12 colonies...

I'm expecting the Undergarment-Washers Guild to protest the phasing-out of holobands.

I really hate these designs they are very lazy and basically just digital kitbashes. Like Dh said they are mostly F-18s with F-4 intakes and windscreen, and a nose off the P-40 warhawk with the blade removed, that intake is the same. Someone on another board said it was the intake off an F-86 D or L, but the nose is too pointed and the F-86 doesn't have those bars in the intake. Even the wings are off of a hornet, just pulled into a forward sweep with an anhedral. The whole design is really bad aerodynamically. Heck the X-30 conquest was a better aerodynamic design. If these are suppossed to be "real" fighters in the BSG verse then I hope they all get wiped out by the first wave of cylons.

After tonight's episode I wouldn't mind seeing someone put a bullet in Zoe's head. to bad shes in that Cylon body.

Anyone else think that Lacy will rat Zoe out to her folks, see seemed very uneasy when Zoe told her she would have capped her dad.

Joseph "teh noob" Adama has his first taste of PvP in this week's episode.

Like with any virgin-PvP'er he does what every noob does... freak out and panic. Fortunately, his skilled partner turned what would have otherwise been an easy gank in favor of the duo but at the risk of almost de-resing. After a quick discussion on vent about "what went wrong" Adama seems to have stepped up his game. After being kicked out of the club, he makes sure to buff AHEAD OF TIME before planning a raid in the bar (which is run by a genderbending player... you know the guys who play as girl characters, but this guy just goes for the drag route instead).

With Haste & Quickdraw cast, he knocks out a nice portion of the bar before continuing on his quest. Almost 15 minutes later, the flame wars on New Cap City Forums begin, with calls of, "OMG H4X LOL IF U DONT USE STIMS I BET U SUCK LOL" ... some even suggested to nerf Tauron as they now seem overpowered class after Adama's raid.

On a more serious note - I liked the dog scene, it was a good way to convey Daniel's increasing frustration and desperation.

On a more serious note - I liked the dog scene, it was a good way to convey Daniel's increasing frustration and desperation.

Same here. Zoe is either truly just a bratty little B-tch or seriously brainwashed by the STO.

I almost stopped watching when I thought she shot the dog. :angry: I didn't like that part at all. Besides the obvious reason, it was put in there for nothing more then shock value. "I knew they were balnks" Seemed an attempt un demonize her.

interesting... so blowing up a subway train in a suicide attack, that's a line that's okay to cross, but shooting a dog?

Whoops, forgot to watch. Have to wait for Syfy.com to put it up.

Hulu has it up already and they're free

Edited by eugimon

Same here. Zoe is either truly just a bratty little B-tch or seriously brainwashed by the STO.

Either way she's cute as f**k though...

interesting... so blowing up a subway train in a suicide attack, that's a line that's okay to cross, but shooting a dog?

Neither Zoes blew up the train. That was Ben Stark's doing.

Adama front... As said he's a noob. As Emanuel said Taurons are supposed to have bigger stones. Though as Sam said Joseph is a Caprican in a Tauron's body. Joseph need to get in touch of his inner Tauron so he asks Sam what it is like to kill a person in cold blood. Sam was like WTF :mellow: brother I thought we were over these issues with bribing Charon over the river Styx. Sam says Tell yourself it is not real.... Which is quite appropriate in the game of New Cap City. He didn't find his daughter yet but there are clues. Rubbed out a couple of drug dealers and showed up in some club where she places her signatures.

Greystone front... Daniel is brutally testing Zoe culminating to the shoot the dog moment. Amanda was right about him that killing isn't in him when she spoke to Tom Vergis.(Damnit woman one of these days your going to get killed by being so trusting of strangers.) Tom Vergis did tell her two of his men died with the MCP stolen. This will affect her marriage. Lacy hears all the angst Zoe has. Her trust issues with Daniel was compounded by the revelation people died just to place her inside that robot. Now she thinks he is merely using her for his company.

STO front... Sister Clarice being close to Amanda probing if she knows about Zoe's vatar and if she met her. Like with Joseph he told her the Avatar was gone. Amanda is not up to speed at what is happening currently.

Basically as I predicted Clarice is after the Avatar while Vergis is after the MCP which he thought doesn't work. He likely heard an account it actually frakking worked and wants to find out how Daniel did that... On top of his revenge.

The dog is not a real... only Greystone and Mecha-Zoe can see it.

Who are they Romo Lampkin?

Capricafighterbottom.jpg

We got shot again of the blimp and fighters with new footage at the start.

Though Zoe did say V-World is not real did thay really have to reuse the shots from There is Another Sky?

I found two interesting supplementary sites on the setting of Caprica.

The Caprican is a news site that covers Caprica and the Colonies.

http://showblogs.syfy.com/caprican/

Serge Graystone Twitter where you can ask the robot butler Serge.

http://twitter.com/SergeGraystone

From the Caprican I learned of the details of the Tauron civil war. The war was between Tauron's democratic government and the Ha'la'tha.

Tauron's major nutritional staple is beef but during war time this became scarce on some areas that people started eating dirt to fill their stomachs. This caused collagen brake down and a condition called the Spots. Thus the term Dirt Eater came to be.

Tauron is a victim of invasions of fellow colonies up until 800 years before gaining their independence.

Apparently when their ancestors got to the Colonies they were 12 tribes but they did not stick to their designatedly named planet. Thus migrations and occupations.

There are other outposts such as the mining colony Troy.

Edited by RedWolf

Of course, dogs are just that much better than people. are you saying it's cool to shoot dog? YOU MONSTER!!!

Neither Zoes blew up the train. That was Ben Stark's doing.

So what does it matter if a cute teenage girl did the mass murder or if it was some teenage boy? Is mass murder committed by a boy not as heinous as a robot with a girl's mind shooting a dog?

Of course, dogs are just that much better than people. are you saying it's cool to shoot dog? YOU MONSTER!!!

good point.

Edited by eugimon

Solution to MCP problem.

1) Get dog lost in V-world unable to return to host body.

2) Copy dog

3) Cylon Army, ready to serve.

4) (Just for fun) Copy Phil into dog's real body.

And they will be angry at humanity and all cuz Dr. G. made mecha-Zoe shoot him. What lies beneath the cold metallic exterior of a cylon? ... A cold blooded ninja killer:

funny-dog-pictures-big-worrees.jpg

I almost stopped watching when I thought she shot the dog. :angry: I didn't like that part at all. Besides the obvious reason, it was put in there for nothing more then shock value. "I knew they were balnks" Seemed an attempt un demonize her.

Of course your forgetting the next bit - where she said if they were NOT blanks she would have shot her father instead. I'm willing to believe it was the truth too.

I don't think the dog scene was just for shock value...as Ghost Train said, it shows Daniel's increasing frustration; plus, it shows the lengths Zoe will go to to keep her identity secret.

Her fear is pretty dangerous...

Vergis visiting Amanda was a pretty bold move. But I get the feeling he's several steps ahead; the bid for the C-Bucs seemed bizarre at first, but then he explained his motives. I get the feeling that he got exactly what he wanted out of the encounter with Amanda, whatever that may be.

Poor Amanda...getting played from all angles.

I don't think the dog scene was just for shock value...as Ghost Train said, it shows Daniel's increasing frustration; plus, it shows the lengths Zoe will go to to keep her identity secret.

Her fear is pretty dangerous...

Vergis visiting Amanda was a pretty bold move. But I get the feeling he's several steps ahead; the bid for the C-Bucs seemed bizarre at first, but then he explained his motives. I get the feeling that he got exactly what he wanted out of the encounter with Amanda, whatever that may be.

Poor Amanda...getting played from all angles.

Is she losing her mind, or is some one trying to make her think she is seeing her bead Brother?