Caprica! Dynasty Meets BSG

Now we have been treated to how Admiral Adama got his mad CQB skills that he would later use while defending his CIC in hand to hand combat as a 60+ year old man.

New Cap City sounds like a free "open source" game due to the total lack of moderation. Makes sense as Daniel remarks that there is a huge illegal holoband market. I mean if you h4x and exploit like that, couldn't the fat guy just call a GM? :p

Damn it already started? Time need to catchup.. (only watched pilot ep last year)

So is it better than BSG?

Hey ntsan, you need to catch up buddy!! SyFy.com has the episodes to watch. Better than BSG...? Well its a much different show, but really fun to watch and so far a well written story.

So get watching, you'll like it!! B))

CapricaFighters.jpg

Capricafighterrear.jpg

Capricafighterside.jpg

Capricafightertop.jpg

I wonder if the New Cap City Vipers have a real world equivalent. The way they detach is more reminicent of the modern raider.

In the Greystone front for his stunt last ep the board is threatening him to kick Daniel out. His wife gives anecdote of how it all started for them. He managed to bluff his way with the only functioning Cylon, aka Zoe. Expanding from the military application to the civilian ones. A reproduceble slave race. Zoe was amused until the part where she had to rip off her arm.

In the Adama front though Sam contributes to the problem he says to Joseph he should pull his felgercarb together. Have closure with the dead and take care of his son. Unlike his father Willie "future Husker" Adama wont take Caprican bigots calling him dirt eater lying down. He'll stone you and beat the crap of you even if you are bigger.

In the Tamara front she proceeds to the shady world of V-World eventually discovering she is dead. With some outside help she manages to inform her father.

Interesting thing about Tauron funeral rites the coin given to the priest represents Charon the boat man of the river Styx. Just as when Joseph thinks there is closure Tamara's friend comes and tells him she is alive. (If you call an AI avatar alive)

Tamara I think is going to be a legend in V-World for just being Hax. Since nobody really gets hurt mowing them down isn't a problem.

On the whole it is going to be bleak with the beginning of the Cylons.

Gotta say...........I'm really starting to like this show. Definitely different than BSG, but still good and getting better. You know when you start looking forward to it, when it's on your DVR, and you're like "oh cool, yeah, gotta catch up on Caprica!" REALLY liking the Adama story line, really more so than the Greystone story line, if I'm honest. And I am SURE enjoying Caprica more than the final season of LOST so far........and this is coming from a HUGE LOST fan... <_<

I wonder if the New Cap City Vipers have a real world equivalent. The way they detach is more reminicent of the modern raider.

In the Greystone front for his stunt last ep the board is threatening him to kick Daniel out. His wife gives anecdote of how it all started for them. He managed to bluff his way with the only functioning Cylon, aka Zoe. Expanding from the military application to the civilian ones. A reproduceble slave race. Zoe was amused until the part where she had to rip off her arm.

In the Adama front though Sam contributes to the problem he says to Joseph he should pull his felgercarb together. Have closure with the dead and take care of his son. Unlike his father Willie "future Husker" Adama wont take Caprican bigots calling him dirt eater lying down. He'll stone you and beat the crap of you even if you are bigger.

In the Tamara front she proceeds to the shady world of V-World eventually discovering she is dead. With some outside help she manages to inform her father.

Interesting thing about Tauron funeral rites the coin given to the priest represents Charon the boat man of the river Styx. Just as when Joseph thinks there is closure Tamara's friend comes and tells him she is alive. (If you call an AI avatar alive)

Tamara I think is going to be a legend in V-World for just being Hax. Since nobody really gets hurt mowing them down isn't a problem.

On the whole it is going to be bleak with the beginning of the Cylons.

New Cap City Reminds me of crimson Sky's.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it now, too.

Badass Tamara is badass.

I kinda missed Lacy in this episode, but New Cap City was cool, and the ill-conceived fishing trip was perfectly awkward and painful (especially for that kid that Willy clobbered :lol: ).

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it now, too.

Badass Tamara is badass.

I kinda missed Lacy in this episode, but New Cap City was cool, and the ill-conceived fishing trip was perfectly awkward and painful (especially for that kid that Willy clobbered :lol: ).

Was that punk someone from Bill's school, for how could they deduce that they were Turon/Dirt Eaters since people in the twelve colony's don't have any Racial characteristics Black/White/Latino specific to their planet?

Was that punk someone from Bill's school, for how could they deduce that they were Turon/Dirt Eaters since people in the twelve colony's don't have any Racial characteristics Black/White/Latino specific to their planet?

Maybe Taurons smell funny...? I dunno.

That Caprican boy was asking for it. Live and let live or they beat the crap out of you.

I have to say Capricans are the dumbest of the twelve colonies with their superiority complex. In "The Plan" one of Ander's resistance team exhibits mild racism when she calls Tauron's bad guys.

Speaking of a frak off Tauron next ep is the appearance of the vengeful Thomas Vergis, creator of the MCP. Stealing the MCP did not come clean as we thought.

Edited by RedWolf

I gave up on figuring out which real life earth culture each of the colonies correspond to based solely on appearance, simply because I think that there really isn't anything conclusive. Each colony is an amalgamation of various real cultures, but obviously some of those real life influences are stronger than others.

When the trailer first came out, everyone said, the conclusion was that Taurons were South/Central American-ish based on the fact that Edward Olmos and Esai Morales are Mexican and Puerto Rican respectively. But then everyone said Italian/Roman influence due to the whole mafia connection and aforementioned things like the passage of the dead ceremony. But then, it's pretty clear that there are Tauron Asians as well, which we see when Sam is walking around what seems to be a strongly Chinatown inspired part of the city, and the girl who gave Sam a pass to get into the show.

Lovely, they are making podcasts for each episode. Time to rewatch it all over again...with the commentary.

I gave up on figuring out which real life earth culture each of the colonies correspond to based solely on appearance, simply because I think that there really isn't anything conclusive. Each colony is an amalgamation of various real cultures, but obviously some of those real life influences are stronger than others.

I think that's the point. <_<

When the trailer first came out, everyone said, the conclusion was that Taurons were South/Central American-ish based on the fact that Edward Olmos and Esai Morales are Mexican and Puerto Rican respectively. But then everyone said Italian/Roman influence due to the whole mafia connection and aforementioned things like the passage of the dead ceremony. But then, it's pretty clear that there are Tauron Asians as well, which we see when Sam is walking around what seems to be a strongly Chinatown inspired part of the city, and the girl who gave Sam a pass to get into the show.

Taurons are clearly WOPs, with perhaps some Aztec/Mayan influence (the tattooing, for instance).

Joseph Adama... V-World newbie. I too would be scared if an avatar of Daniel Graystone is all smiles. Daniel is jittery that Vergis knew about the theft and is pissed with the death of his two employees. Daniel's guilt driven dreams remind me of Wlliam "Husker" Adama's vision-nightmare of the Cylon experiments on Razor.

Eww... Phil the geek technician is a robosexual. Daddy dearest Daniel caught him flirting with his daughter. (Which he doesn't know is in U-87.)

Who says an AI can't get a date? Zoe gets a virtual social life as Rachel. Nice glasses though if he figures out he is dating his boss' dead daughter I wonder where this is going.

STO has factions. One is the terrorist faction led by Barnabas the other is Sister Clarice's transhumanist group. The majority supports for now Baranabas. Lacy tries to get Barnabas's help but fails but Barnanas wants to know what she is about to bring to Gemenon. Sister Clarice tricks Amanda in attempt to get Zoe but get more than she wanted. The data on the Cylon Centurion.

One thing is for sure Tomas Vergis had his own grandma Adama teaching him to keep his enemies close so they would fear him. Tries to have a Caprican citizenship for his revenge on Daniel.

For sure, Phil the technician is a little creepy and way to in love with his work. As for Joseph & Daniel, hope those two are packing some Colt 45. Pistols, cause Tomas Vergis has a big ass Steel Baseball bat in his hands hes just dying to use.

Bloody good show so far!!! B))

I was watching The Plan look at what I heard.

"Apotheosis was the beginning before the beginning. Devices on alert. Observe the procedures of a general alert. The base and the pinnacle. The flower inside the fruit that is both its parent and its child. Decadent as ancestors. The portal in that which passes."

Now we know with the Prophesy of Apotheosis the STO are transhumanists. The line may refer to both Zoe and Tamara but doesn't exclude the posibility some fanatics managed to download themselves to chrome bodies. Sister Clarice now has the specs for the Cylon Centurion but lacking Zoe's Avatar making data mining program.

Didn't feel like looking for old BSG thread,

I know this video is suppose to be a parody but I thought it was pretty good. It showcases a lot of whats good in BSG. If I had never seen the series and saw this, I'd be looking to aquire the DVDs.

comparison to OG video

After watching this past episode, I've found that I really, really hate Zoe's mother and Sister Clarice.

Yeah, Amanda Graystone is not to bright and Sister Clarice is a total tool.

Love the scene with Zoe & Phil in their "Vipers", those fighters were awesome looking IMO!

As for Joseph I have this feeling hes gonna get burned on Finding his Daughter.

Zoe............?

Tom Vergis confirms what I've suspected. The MCP is useless hardware without the right software. Namely Zoe derived Avatar programs.

We would probably have both the STO and Vergis targeting U-87.

Oh Zoe aka Rachel giving Phil a eureka moment the figurative father of the Cylon race is not either Daniel Greystone or Tomas Vergis but Phil.

His idea will give rise to self thinking and self learning AI not downloadable human consciousness or AI replica we see with Zoe or Tamara.

Edited by RedWolf

Tom Vergis confirms what I've suspected. The MCP is useless hardware without the right software. Namely Zoe derived Avatar programs.

That sucks I was really wanting to see a Toron Terminator like Robot try to kill Daniel sent by vergis, or show the Vergis prototype for their U-87 entry.