maybe in person and holding it  you can feel its quality not sure, but as for now with those pictures that looks like very plasticky and toyish (not desirable for collecting at least for me) not to mention that nonsense price it doesn't make any sense, I would rather look and spend for a blitzway voltron than  this. 

or maybe I will look for one of this instead :D 

image.png.899c508284425acdf9cb59153a8641df.png  

Edited by Alex GS

6 hours ago, Alex GS said:

maybe in person and holding it  you can feel its quality not sure, but as for now with those pictures that looks like very plasticky and toyish (not desirable for collecting at least for me) not to mention that nonsense price it doesn't make any sense, I would rather look and spend for a blitzway voltron than  this. 

or maybe I will look for one of this instead :D 

image.png.899c508284425acdf9cb59153a8641df.png  

That IS the ultimate Voltron. Hard to make something better than that.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Riobot VOLTRON Legendary Defender on display at the Miyazawa Model Exhibition 2023. Photos from Gokin.

20231107_074739.jpg

20231107_074736.jpg

20231107_074733.jpg

20231107_074729.jpg

It's obvious now that the promotional pics made it look better. Definitely not worth 98k based on those photos. I'll wait for ActionToys to copy this or the Blitzway... coz I'm cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

My horrible pic. I was not prepared for the sheer weight, size and presence of this guy. Small imperfections aside, I am thoroughly gobsmacked by the quality of this set especially for a KO. I now have a small inkling of how owners of the official Blitzway Voltron must feel about their wonderful pieces.

20231118_173954.jpg

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Action Toys VOLTRON.

231400ft7pttmlusnlyuy7.jpg

Why isn't this more shiny and more better like the 50th SOC Voltron?

6 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Soon to be release a PO for a Soul of Chogokin - Voltron Chogokin 50th Anniversary  , it seems it just the GX-71 but shinier and  more expensive now :D

Release date: 6/2024
Price: 39,600 yen

image.png.9740b83ff131706e253bfaf3e58df045.png

image.png.c7fde7e86e31e634e45aa263332f522e.png

image.png.b3c71ade118e4f5b4a43e805dd54f025.png

image.png.ba622dc075203bb3c7bcc59941d90c33.png

image.png.cd47e1cfda29952e9a7b48236975ae56.png

image.png.6c1fce1e94d4f261392ccf172370b3d2.png

image.png.772f6f14cfd1cd11daf0573e9011e96e.png

image.png.5b7e203db1659bbe828e3069825ba82a.png

I wonder what will happen to all the unsold 1st ed. SOC Voltrons being sold here locally anywhere from JPY50,000 to JPY65,000 (converted from local currency) :ohmy:

Edited by m0n5t3r

Is Action Toys doing more than one lion voltron?  The specs for the one above say it is 5.6 inches tall but in this video from wotafa at summer wonderfest, it is clearly larger than that.  

i know there is a mini action lion voltron in the works but this one is not labelled mini action anywhere. 

here is the vid. 5 mins in, wotafa talks about the action toys voltron 

32 minutes ago, Jeremy007 said:

Is Action Toys doing more than one lion voltron?  The specs for the one above say it is 5.6 inches tall but in this video from wotafa at summer wonderfest, it is clearly larger than that.  

i know there is a mini action lion voltron in the works but this one is not labelled mini action anywhere. 

here is the vid. 5 mins in, wotafa talks about the action toys voltron 

Action Toys are doing multiple Voltrons including the Vehicle Force. There's mini, SD, and the diecast figures. The one mentioned by Wotafa is the one I posted above which is the diecast one that stands around 22cm. He did said that it's different from the previous model. So not sure if he's referencing to a different model line or if t's the same and it got sized down (?). I'm not Nihonggo fluent, so probably he meant differently. But he did said the 22cm height.

27 minutes ago, Jeremy007 said:

Also, this lion voltron (5.6inches) is listed for $219 at bbts and the mini action vehicle team voltron from the same company, which is 7 inches is listed at $65.99…?

It's either BBTS made a mistake on the height or it's a different Action Toy Voltron. What's confusing is that it's using the same marketing photos.

As for the price difference, it's because one is a diecast figure (and probably bigger if the description on the height was a mistake) than the Mini Action which is just made of plastic.

On 12/6/2023 at 11:50 PM, no3Ljm said:

Action Toys are doing multiple Voltrons including the Vehicle Force. There's mini, SD, and the diecast figures. The one mentioned by Wotafa is the one I posted above which is the diecast one that stands around 22cm. He did said that it's different from the previous model. So not sure if he's referencing to a different model line or if t's the same and it got sized down (?). I'm not Nihonggo fluent, so probably he meant differently. But he did said the 22cm height.

It's either BBTS made a mistake on the height or it's a different Action Toy Voltron. What's confusing is that it's using the same marketing photos.

As for the price difference, it's because one is a diecast figure (and probably bigger if the description on the height was a mistake) than the Mini Action which is just made of plastic.

Got confused as well. The store where I preordered the 50th SOC Voltron (I wasn't able to get the first release coz of Voltes V level price gouging here 🤨) lists it at 22cm, but most other stores say it's 14cm. Even if it's diecast and with the anime accurate leg covers, 5.6" is really small for the $140 price tag. I actually considered this before eventually preordering the SOC coz I said to myself... for half the price, 22cm isn't too far off from 27cm. But the anemic lion legs really turned me off.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...