New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

The VF-0's arms are small not because of bad design from Yamato. It's just the way Kawamori designed them. You can see the small arms in many scenes in the Macross Zero anime. I don't have problem with small arms as long as they don't break off due to gravity one day. If anyone notices the VF-2SS, the arms there are small as well.

I had a chance to transform my VF-0s and mine has some of the aforementioned issues. One of the knee joints is lose and so is one of the arm joints as well. Another problem that Yamato should fix in the future is the flap that is attached to the backpack that swings down when transformed to battroid mode. Mine was bent coming out of the box, and the endpoints that hold it in place are already showing signs of wear. You can see stress marks on it. This part also shows signs of stress in the instruction manual on page 06 panel 05. SO be very careful with this part.

Edited by Golden Arms

The VF-0 has skinny upper arms in the anime and lineart.

As you can see Graham has admitted the VF0 has skinny arms just like VF11. Kawamori is making the mecha weaker as he ages. :)

Future robots will be skinnier and skinnier until they become like an eva.

I'm only half joking. I miss the blocky 80s robots. I hope the joints can withstand the fatsuit.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

yeah, how dare people ask for confirmation on such claims. Considering, that one of the claims that the gunpod had no clearance in fighter mode was based on incorrect transformation and all...

396781[/snapback]

How do you photographically confirm the magnet polarity being reversed, genius?

yeah, how dare people ask for confirmation on such claims. Considering, that one of the claims that the gunpod had no clearance in fighter mode was based on incorrect transformation and all...

396781[/snapback]

397313[/snapback]

Well, a misaligned FP on the leg shot would do it, wouldn't it?

jackass.

I think that slight-cream white suits the VF-0S alot, makes it stand out from the 1/48. I like it.

Edited by Mowe

Wow, it does look good panel lined! What is the best way to do this...since it is a toy? Would Tempera (Spelling) water based paints work well, since it just uses easy water clean up. I haven't customized or wheathered any of my Yamato valks....too scared.....and I wasn't sure how to "treat" them.

Sorry if this is off topic, just those panel lined 0's look really good.

Chris

396781[/snapback]

397313[/snapback]

You could post a short video showing the magnets repelling ecah other. :lol:

Graham

Wow, it does look good panel lined! What is the best way to do this...since it is a toy? Would Tempera (Spelling) water based paints work well, since it just uses easy water clean up. I haven't customized or wheathered any of my Yamato valks....too scared.....and I wasn't sure how to "treat" them.

Sorry if this is off topic, just those panel lined 0's look really good.

Chris

397459[/snapback]

I used a gray Gundam marker (GM21), alcohol and cotton swabs. Paint the line (in the groove of the plastic) and go over it with the alcohol swab immediately to thin out the paint and wipe off the ecxess paint. The only paint left should be in the groove.

I really like the look of that fighter with the panel lines but honestly, something like this just looks naked without some decals and weathering....

The plan is to decal it up but I'm waiting for custom waterslide decals this place is so famous for... Wonder if the Anasazi 1/48 decals will work for this one?

I won't go as far as weathering it since I prefer my Valks to be minty fresh out of the factory...

Edited by GDomino

Wow those panel lines look good!  :o

a.jpg

b.jpg

397333[/snapback]

hey guys~~~that's my work, you get the picture from toysdaily.com right??? :lol:

but very unfortunately i lost the little stick at the front below the 'nose' :(

i already put a post to neova for help........... :unsure:

let me add some more pics~~~enjoy

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ah, interesting, i havent seen tamiya enamel paints before, i will have to keep an eye out for them and give them a try.

Also I have not had any problems using acrylics to wash, but i have not tried enamel paint either, I will have to give it a try sometime and see how it goes.

Nopes that's the actual color of the VF0S, a beige skin tone rather than a greyish white seen on that of the VF-1.

397433[/snapback]

My VF-1J Hikaru is an off white beige, not like my VF-1S which is white.

I thought it was weird that it was off white.

Is it suppossed to be that color?

I'm annoyed that, according to HLJ, I got to wait until June to get mine...

And I put my pre-order down as soon as I could pre-order from HLJ...

397781[/snapback]

Thats wierd, I preordered mine the first day they were available and I recieved my 1/60 friday. I figure they simply ran out of stock.

well indications seem to be good from the sellers as at least a couple are telling people they're going to have to wait for restocks and the preorders haven't even all been met yet. More likely though I think that tells us that Yamato ran into some problems meeting their production quota. Still, it can't be selling horribly.