New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

has there been problems with re-issues too? i havent heard anything about that. kyatsu :blink:

Waiting for reissues is really the smartest way to go, or is it? As we've discovered, time didn't solve the VF-1's QC issues...

Well I can only speak for myself and in my experience it has been hit or miss with yamato.

Although I got a loose head turret with my VF1S Roy, (wiggles around in fighter mode, but ok in battroid mode) my cannon fodder is perfect and there is nothing wrong. So it just might be the exception for the few that got grouped together in a bad batch. Common sense says: As long as people make a noise about it, they will eventually listen and improve.

But if you suffer in silence, they are more likely to just ignore any probs and continue leaving things as they are. I don't want it to be a situation like with the macross plus toys where stuff breaks and if you want the fixed version you got to buy it again, having paid for two of the same thing. The ideal is to try to get everything right perfect on the first time.

The reason I am waiting has more to do with me wanting to know if certain things are fragile and what to look for when transforming something as I don't want to break anything. (similar to the warnings we got with the VB6 and GBP) more than because I expect a reissue and am patient person. This is why I end up reading the review first for as much info as possible and then basing my choice on that. If there is some tiny improvement that makes it worth "upgrading" I am most likely to sell my old one for cheap to get the improved one than to keep the original.

It just seems wierd that they would make such sloppy mistakes, given the past. So I still hope thing get better and it is just a case of them rushing the thing to market. (it happens)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i remember about the YF-21 in term of how it was very bad that yamato really did re-design the toy and the YF-19 as well. i do have a problem with yamato with the 1/60 VF-1D. for some reason the toy that i purchased was very loose. that's probably the only lemon that i could think off from all the yamato that i have. i was very disappointed with the VF-1D. i only hope that in the near future yamato will release the 1/48 of VF-1D, VE, VT and hopefully they will be bug free. also, is the monster's problem been fixed yet? curious. kyatsu

If it has, (doesn't look like anyone wants to say) I would probably end up selling mine to get the new version. (I'm aiming for the best I can get)

What would be good is if they made a whole new release of vf1 (include all the hand types, give us extra GBP chest piece parts) but this time they tampo printed all the details on rather than giving us any stickers. I think that would be a good trade off for people who just want canon releases, and can't be bothered putting all the little 'no step' decals on the thing only to one day realise they will peel over time and will have to get more of the damn things. (I honestly do not enjoy this part of the toy - take me ages to cut those little stickers and line them up perfectly) Come on yamato, aim for gold!

Bandai managed to put more printed stuff on thier macross 7 reissues so that is what I want to see. Then when the upscaled macross plus toys come out and everything is perfect and the world is at peace, no more having to bother people on the forum for sticker guides to the macross plus mecha.

just wondering. From all the reviews that I saw, Ive never seen the whole pilot figure yet. So, does the pilot figure has legs like the 1/48's pilots or are they just like the 1/60 yamato pilots...just the upper torso?

pictures would be appreciated.

aaajin

well still i have to give credits for yamato's work in making this happen,

... and thanks for the first shots of a panel-lined 1/60 Zero. Sorry you were so disappointed.

395867[/snapback]

Hm... seems to be a matter of perspective and because of the FPs.

This pic doesn't seem so different in size

138402150_d9695c36aa_o.jpg

pic taken from toysdaily

Edited by BlueMax

i really think that the VF-0S looks best when it is in fighter mode. something about the head design is turning me off. i think i will wait for the VF-0A to come out. it looks more close to the VF-1A. kyatsu

well still i have to give credits for yamato's work in making this happen,

... and thanks for the first shots of a panel-lined 1/60 Zero. Sorry you were so disappointed.

395867[/snapback]

Hm... seems to be a matter of perspective and because of the FPs.

This pic doesn't seem so different in size

138402150_d9695c36aa_o.jpg

396230[/snapback]

It does look smaller in person. Just look at the chest plate. BTW, why do people dislikes the Zero in B mode? IMO I think it looks very balanced, and very aggressive.

It does look smaller in person. Just look at the chest plate. BTW, why do people dislikes the Zero in B mode? IMO I think it looks very balanced, and very aggressive.

396482[/snapback]

Because they fear change

Edited by buddhafabio

I actually like the head turret and long laser barrels myself. But not so sure about the skinny arms. They do look cool and mechanical, but I wish that was the stuff that you see underneath the armor rather than on the outside.

This is why I think the VF11 kinda looks girlish. Skinny arms that look like they would easily get ripped off by a zentradi. (ie like what britai did in SDF:M to the chest plate of the vf1)

Man, all these cool pics and news made me want one too. Wasn't paying much attention to it the whole way, as Macross Zero didn't grab me as much as the classic did. So I feel less desired to collect any Zero toys, especially when its on 1/60 scale. I try to keep my collection only 1/48. But seeing it being that big and that detailed, it seems to match with the 1/48 just fine. Can't help myself start wanting one.

I do hear all these stories of QC issues, but looks like its just a widespread of very few unfortunate customers' stories(mainly the HK thread), not that they are not valid. Buying this would definitely jeopardize/sacrifice some of my planned purchase on other cool stuff in the coming month or two. Really gotta think through this one...

Still love the VF-1 more, but the VF-0S started to grow on me. And for once, getting a Focker valk. So tempted now...

396482[/snapback]

Because they fear change

396484[/snapback]

I agree, I think vf-0s' battroid mode kicks arse.... Also, if you just judge by the design alone, the vf-0s is much more intimidating than the vf-1.

I actually like the head turret and long laser barrels myself. But not so sure about the skinny arms. They do look cool and mechanical, but I wish that was the stuff that you see underneath the armor rather than on the outside.

This is why I think the VF11 kinda looks girlish. Skinny arms that look like they would easily get ripped off by a zentradi. (ie like what britai did in SDF:M to the chest plate of the vf1)

396515[/snapback]

I dont know why the whole skinny arms things is bugging people who love macross. Range of motion required and for what they're used for really doesn't call for valks with huge "guns". :lol:

Valks should be packing lots of power and girth in their legs where it's most used, not their arms. :)

BTW, why do people dislikes the Zero in B mode? IMO I think it looks very balanced, and very aggressive.

Agree, I've always liked the Zero in B mode, almost more than the VF-1... it was the F mode that took some time to grow on me. The G mode, well, jury is still out on that.

I dont know why the whole skinny arms things is bugging people who love macross. Range of motion required and for what they're used for really doesn't call for valks with huge "guns".

Well if it got shot in the arm it just seems like it is exposing weak parts of the mecha when it should be covering them up incase the damage harms crucual parts that make it cease to function. Like how the VF11 has this exposed portion on the back and sides of its shoulders whereas the vf1 covers all that up. I suppose it's not really that big a deal but I'm just commenting on the look, not taking into account realistic design choices.

I guess I just like my mecha to have robust shells around them like the Qrau because it makes them look strong and that they could also take a beating if they crashed or had to fight up close. It's the same reason I like the DYRL delicate robotic hands because they actually look mechanical, but sometimes I like having the fat hands because they look more 'powerful' just like how you see them on the boxart for model kits - It's got this attitude: "you don't want to get punched by me!"

I'm ok with the skinny arms. They look proportional, and I've always thought the VF-1 Popeye arms looked a bit too big for a aircraft-based mecha. Also, if the arms were made bigger, people would be complaining about the arms hanging too low in F mode.

Dammnitall, I wish mine would just friggin' arrive so I can stop visiting this thread for new pics.

Edited by ghostryder

Thanks for all the pics, guys, but I have to admit that I specially like the VF-0 in it's F mode. Looks really stunning, and the fact that those shoulder tips don't stick out really adds to the charm :D !

Thanks for all the pics, guys, but I have to admit that I specially like the VF-0 in it's F mode. Looks really stunning, and the fact that those shoulder tips don't stick out really adds to the charm  :D !

396591[/snapback]

That is indeed one of my fav parts! I love those shoulders and arms being lineart accurate. It is really like buyin a model that already put together. Just for the record, I'm not comparing this to a Hasegawa, but still pretty detailed for a "toy". I can't even consider the Zero a toy...

I'm impressed they actually have a TURBINE in the feet, and not just another intake fan like 99% of most toy jets do. (As does the 1/48 VF-1) Wonder why they used gold paint though. Maybe they were going for titanium?

PS---it looks remarkably like an F110's turbine and that is what Shin's F-14 had. Can't remember if we see the turbines well in the OVA and if that's accurate.

PPS--still waiting for a VF-0D. The 0S is just too similar to the VF-1 for me.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Just added my review of the Yamato 1/60 scale VF-0S toy.

Better pics to be added later. Didn't have access to my good camera today.  :(

Enjoy!  :lol:

Graham

396630[/snapback]

Graham: The fighter mode pics are pointing to the thumbnails and not the actual photos.

And spelling correction. XD

Features & Improvements

The 1/60 VF-0S features a hole host of gimmicks and improvements over the 1/48 series: -

;) WHOLE.

Edited by wolfx

The tampo printing on the legs is worth the price of admission alone. If they were to do that for the 1/48 VF-1, I'd buy them all again. Yes, I know many will think that's insane, but there is just something about that "U.N. SPACY" on the legs and gunpod that has always seemed ultra cool to me. . . and stickers/decals just never quite get it right.

Great review, btw. Couldn't ask for more info than that!

H

Edited by Hurin

For me it was the Tampo printing on the intakes and gunpod that really made my day.

All the extra Tampo printing really surprised me, as my pre-production sample only had the Tampo printing on the tails and heatshield.

Graham

For me it was the Tampo printing on the intakes and gunpod that really made my day.

All the extra Tampo printing really surprised me, as my pre-production sample only had the Tampo printing on the tails and heatshield.

Graham

396654[/snapback]

I'm amazed that Yamato decided to tampo print so much on the VF-0S. Any idea why they couldn't go the extra mile and tampo print the U.N. Spacy kite near the cockpit? These were the same folks that couldn't even print eyes on the Konig Monster so I'm pretty excited. :lol:

I'm amazed that Yamato decided to tampo print so much on the VF-0S. Any idea why they couldn't go the extra mile and tampo print the U.N. Spacy kite near the cockpit? These were the same folks that couldn't even print eyes on the Konig Monster so I'm pretty excited. :lol:

396657[/snapback]

true but Yamato, from the looks of the sticker sheets likes to leave customization of the toy up to individual. look at all the varitey of stickers on the other valks.

Any idea why they couldn't go the extra mile and tampo print the U.N. Spacy kite near the cockpit?

396657[/snapback]

Because that is where there is a seam line between the upper and lower halves of the nose section. That would mean the Kite would need to be printed in two halves and I guess they don't want to take the chance of the two printed halves not matching up exactly.

Graham