New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Anymore info on how common the QC issues are?  Does 'mostly positive' mean that they issues are few and far between, or just not problematic enough to warrant a large complaint?

397874[/snapback]

still waiting on mine from TMP I'm hoping that these QC issues are so rare I shouldnt worry.

Looking forward to panel lining mine as soon as they arrive :D

I'm annoyed that, according to HLJ, I got to wait until June to get mine...

And I put my pre-order down as soon as I could pre-order from HLJ...

397781[/snapback]

Thats wierd, I preordered mine the first day they were available and I recieved my 1/60 friday. I figure they simply ran out of stock.

397785[/snapback]

Well, the money is sitting in a high interest account savings account, so it's not ALL bad that I have to wait at most another month...

Damnit, I want my VF-0S!!!!

I got one here in Shanghai (still cant beleive it) and mine was totally fine. The only problem I have found so far is the skull in Roy's helmet is a bit out of place, rest is all fine. The toy is actually a beauty, much better than I was hoping. I also liked the plastic not being white, it looks a bit more "real" that the 1/48s.

The toy "feels" more delicate, specially the legs.

The few things I didnt like much are:

The feets dont "clicks" in to the extended position, after you pull them out and open them they are way too loose, anyways the toy can perfectly stands by itself.

The ball jointed arms, I hope the wont get loose in time, but if that happens it is a damn easy fix,

Hands on my VF0 cant hold the gunpod properly

Paint job is also extremelly nice.

All in all the VF 0 is a great toy, best thing from Yamato till now IMO.

I'm personally Ok with the feet not clicking into the extended position. The feet do their work perfectly, IMO.

I'm glad I didn;t oreder from just one supplier. Hopefully my two other Zero will arrive safely, complete, QC problem free, and in one piece.

MMMmmm, Am I asking for too much?

Got both of mine today. They were free from the more serious QC problems, but has the common:

1.) very loose bicep and knee swivel joints. These joints make the toy feel rather floppy cause when you move it abit, all the limbs move like a robotic puppet without its strings.

2.) the seam line down across the middle of the cockpit canopy bothers me.

3.) Gunpod doesn't fit too well into hands.

I feel although the VF-0 improves on the VF-1 overall, it shouldn't have the problems like the above since it didn't exist in the VF-1. Its like it kinda took a few steps forward and a step backwards. I guess i can fix the swivel joints with some clear nail polish. But out of the box, i give it a 8/10, if not for the problems above, it would be a 10/10.

Hopefully they will tighten this up a little in future. I have a loose swivel joint on my bandai 1/65 vf17s so I know how it can be annoying. Can barely pose it in gerwalk mode in spread leg stance without it collapsing. Is the elbow a ratcheted joint like the vf1?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hopefully they will tighten this up a little in future. I have a loose swivel joint on my bandai 1/65 vf17s so I know how it can be annoying. Can barely pose it in gerwalk mode in spread leg stance without it collapsing. Is the elbow a ratcheted joint like the vf1?

397996[/snapback]

The VF-17 can do spread legs? That's new to me. :ph34r:

Thankfully the elbow joint is rachetted....and strangely so is the swivel joint on the hands. The bicep joint looks easy enough to dismantle to insert a piece of paper or nail polish in between the joints...but the knees will be a little tricky...unless i wanna be lazy and just smudge nail polish in between the knees without dismantling it.

Did the VF0 sell well in japan? I'm curious to know how well it was recieved critically and commercially?

397843[/snapback]

When I was in Japan the other week (just before the launch) the shop I usually buy my modeling stuff from said that if they had one for every U.S or U.K or Jap person that had asked for one that would dozens. But chances were they would only get a few so everyone was asked to go onto a waitng list.

Edited by big F

397996[/snapback]

The VF-17 can do spread legs? That's new to me. :ph34r:

Thankfully the elbow joint is rachetted....and strangely so is the swivel joint on the hands. The bicep joint looks easy enough to dismantle to insert a piece of paper or nail polish in between the joints...but the knees will be a little tricky...unless i wanna be lazy and just smudge nail polish in between the knees without dismantling it.

398002[/snapback]

The legs rotate, so the can be posed further apart while in the G mode. They do not spread, they rotate.

Hope this helps...

Edited by vlenhoff

.....The bicep joint looks easy enough to dismantle to insert a piece of paper or nail polish in between the joints...but the knees will be a little tricky...unless i wanna be lazy and just smudge nail polish in between the knees without dismantling it.

398002[/snapback]

Actually its quite the opposite. I spent the weekend doing surgery to tighten joints on the legs, which wasnt very difficult to take apart at all. Just make sure you have one of those jeweler's philips screwdrivers handy.

The shoulder joint is easy enough to dismantle and tighten also. I stuck a (tiny) neoprene rubber piece in the ball joint to tighten that up. But below that, the bicep swivel joint, well I left it as it is cause I couldnt get to it without breaking it (its glued) :(

Edited by holytoledo69

I ordered mine along with the Garland so I'll just have to be patient.

I'm with you, I ordered mine with a Stealth, LVII, and GBPII, so I'm stuck in a holding pattern :( Looks like I'll be getting one of the June re-stock VF-0S... hopefully they're pretty solid.

Looks like I've averted near disaster by cancelling my order.

I'll wait for the reissue.

398164[/snapback]

Ha, that means more for me then.

You are missing out on a great toy you know!

I wouldn't call slightly loose knee and elbow swivel joints a disaster.

Graham

Even with slightly loose knee swivel joints, I find it no problem to pose the toy in GERWALK mode.

Graham

398209[/snapback]

I could say mine is overly loose. I tried tightening some screws in hope it would tighten the joints but to no avail. Guess he needs some nail polishing love later.

Its so loose that it can't hold the gunpod. The shoulder will droop and the bicep will swivel down. In gerwalk mode, its floppy as heck as the knee swivels will fall under the gerwalk's weight.

But since the members here say that the loose joints are easily fixed, i shall try it later on. Stay tuned.

Well I hope the reissues are at least 1/48 quality of stiffness. If/when the reactive armor comes out he will be a strong battroid able to withstand the stress of chunky bits strapped to his body.

I will probably end up getting least two. 1 for fighter mode (equiped with ghost booster) and 1 for battroid (wearing reactive or naked). But I need that battroid to hold a pose.

No konig monster loosness. I want 1/48 goodness.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

From what I've heard from Yamato, it seems to be selling well in Japan with customer feedback mostly positive.

Graham

397868[/snapback]

Good to hear that, does it mean we can expect more 1/60 VF-0 to come, like VF-0A or even VF-0D? :p

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm happy to report that there aren't any QC issues worth worrying about. The tail fin spikes are straight. The shoulders are correct. The magnets polarity is aligned correctly. The paint is crisp and clean. All parts are accounted for. The only thing is that one of the little white pieces on the bicep fell off but this is easily fixed with a drop of glue.

I'm very happy with this item. It is so nice to get something that isn't a VF-1. Don't get me wrong, I love the VF-1 but I've got enough now. The VF-0S looks great in all modes. The missiles are really nice looking. The FAST packs are a great addition and a lot of fun to play with (the kid in me has always loved magnets). The transformation has a number of subtle differences compared to the VF-1.

I can't wait for the VF-0A which seems inevitable - just different head and paint if I'm not wrong. Hopefully this line will do well enough to get the D and maybe even the SV-51 or whatever it is called.

I just got mine in the mail today. Unfortunately the joints are weak... sorta' feels like a really light version of a "masterpiece collection" toy. Also, that piece that is supposed to fold up to cover the rear "back thrusters" I guess you'd call it (the piece that flips over the top in Gerwalk mode) broke off already. Which is odd. First time I've ever had anything break off a Yamato before. I'm also not so sure I'm digging how they did the feet on this thing. Really flimsy. Basically the whole toy feels really flimsy. BUT, despite those downfalls, it's gorgeous. I luv it! I got the thing not to play with, but to display, so I could care less about the problems. Not like I'm gonna' buy one of these for my kid to play with.

I also noticed on the sticker sheet, the pilot name for a certain Shin character... which means I WILL be getting my beloved VF-0A!!!!! *cough* which I'm kind of happy about.

---Bri

Also, that piece that is supposed to fold up to cover the rear "back thrusters" I guess you'd call it (the piece that flips over the top in Gerwalk mode) broke off already. Which is odd. First time I've ever had anything break off a Yamato before.

398502[/snapback]

That piece is not suposed to fold over the backpack thrusters.

Sorry to hear your VF-0 is on the flimsy side. I received mine today from Ken from Hong Kong and it is absolutely perfect. Only the right arm swivel joint is a bit loose.

You can disconect the lower arm from the upper arm and put some nail polish (you don´t have to take te arm apart ;) ).

Here are some pictures comparing the Zero with the 1/60 VF-1.

post-557-1147319858_thumb.jpg

post-557-1147319905_thumb.jpg

Your attention details have given me hope... :rolleyes:

I also noticed on the sticker sheet, the pilot name for a certain Shin character... which means I WILL be getting my beloved VF-0A!!!!! *cough* which I'm kind of happy about.

398502[/snapback]

You can disconect the lower arm from the upper arm and put some nail polish (you don´t have to take te arm apart ;) ).

How did you disconnect the arms? Just pull them apart? Pictures could help. ;)

How did you disconnect the arms? Just pull them apart? Pictures could help. ;)

398510[/snapback]

I accidentally disconected one lower arm with the bicep from the upper part (where the swivel joint is) when I was transforming it to gerwalk.

I took a picture in case someone asked. I put some clear nail polish and now the swivel joint of the right arm is really tight.

I'm not gonna try this again :lol:

post-557-1147322099_thumb.jpg

post-557-1147322133_thumb.jpg

I saw the VF-0S at Frank & Sons today. Pretty sharp! The pilot doesn't look THAT tiny, either.

I really wish Yamato would revisit the VF-1 with some modern technology... but it might be too soon for that, I suppose. I mean practically every element of the 1/48 design and add-ons should be possible for 1/60 scale. Make that damned BP8 part metal (if not one solid "loop"), though

I accidentally disconected one lower arm with the bicep from the upper part (where the swivel joint is) when I was transforming it to gerwalk.

I took a picture in case someone asked. I put some clear nail polish and now the swivel joint of the right arm is really tight.

I'm not gonna try this again :lol:

398515[/snapback]

Awww...why not? :(

I was hoping to see how the joint looked like so i 'll know how to wiggle the arm free. Maybe loosening the screw on the bicep would help ease removing the joint? Thanks for the pictures anyway. ;)

Here are some pictures comparing the Zero with the 1/60 VF-1.

Damn, that is one big bird...

I just got mine in the mail today. Unfortunately the joints are weak... sorta' feels like a really light version of a "masterpiece collection" toy. Also, that piece that is supposed to fold up to cover the rear "back thrusters" I guess you'd call it (the piece that flips over the top in Gerwalk mode) broke off already. ........

---Bri

398502[/snapback]

Same thing happened to me... I'm kicking myself in the ass right now....sigh...

if you guys don't mind some wayward flash and stuff, here are some 1/60 vf1-vf0 comparison shots.

398553[/snapback]

Nice.

Now, where are the pictures of a Q-Rau and the VF-0S duking It out? People, we need more 1/60 action.