New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Here are some pictures comparing the Zero with the 1/60 VF-1.

Damn, that is one big bird...

398569[/snapback]

I know kinda makes all of those people ruinning around saying this 1/60 is not worth 160$ look foolish

398585[/snapback]

Yep. Just imagining how big it 'll be if it was actual 1/48 is mind boggling. :lol:

Wow! Looking at those comparison shots, I didn't realize til now how much bigger the VF-0S is! I guess using nuclear reactors to power the VF-1 and those few more years of R&D were able to shrink down the technology used in the VF-0 quite a bit.

I received a VF-0S from an HK seller on eBay, and other than one of the little yellow pointed things on the back wings being slightly bent (easy fix) and the skull on the pilot's head being a little off, it doesn't have any issues. I really like it alot. The improvements really add to its beauty. It would be nice to see the VF-1 get similar improvements sometime later.

yeah, it's almost ridiculous how much bigger the VF-0 is... though, seeing those comparison shots almost makes me wish I had kept my 1/60's....

but when I think of that ridiculous leg latch design, I'm glad I didn't. :p

It seems people are finally realizing a 1/48 VF-0 would be an insane idea afterall. Not only it would cost a pretty penny , it would be way too big for a display piece in anyone´s display cabinet , let alone the fact that production costs would possibly force Yamato to do a limited run with probably not many variants...

1/60 was the best option IMO. Just look at this toy and you´ll know I´m right. Let´s hope they make a 0D and a SV-51 ( or an OCTOS...yeah right :rolleyes: ).

OT: I´ve had this signature for almost over a year and now that the toy is out and its size is now a fact everyone can see I think I can finally change it. :lol:

Can I get some suggestions as to good places for someone in the US to order from?  It's been a while since I've bought a toy like this (not since when the 1/48s first came out), so I'm not up to date on what's out there.

398676[/snapback]

Big Bad Toy Store is one of the best. They might even still have some available after filling pre-orders since they supposedly ordered a large amount of them.

The downside is they are asking $184 for the thing before shipping, which is high. They're a reliable store though, and I always get my stuff from them in a day or two (it helps I live very close to their warehouse). I didn't like paying that much for the Zero, but the trust and confidence I have in BBTS is worth it I guess.

Edited by eriku

Can I get some suggestions as to good places for someone in the US to order from?  It's been a while since I've bought a toy like this (not since when the 1/48s first came out), so I'm not up to date on what's out there.

398676[/snapback]

Big Bad Toy Store is one of the best. They might even still have some available after filling pre-orders since they supposedly ordered a large amount of them.

The downside is they are asking $184 for the thing before shipping, which is high. They're a reliable store though, and I always get my stuff from them in a day or two (it helps I live very close to their warehouse). I didn't like paying that much for the Zero, but the trust and confidence I have in BBTS is worth it I guess.

398685[/snapback]

why BBTS when you can get them far cheaper on ebay & from some TRUSTED sellers here ?.

aaajin

Edited by aaajin

Question: How well have these been selling?

Answer: I've been in Japan for business this week (unfortunately no time to visit any MWers this time) and found a store with a new stock of Yamato toys. They had 4 Stealth, 2 Super Stealth, and about 20 VF-0S on Monday night. By Thursday night, they had 3 Stealth, 1 Super Stealth (with a big dent in the box) and 4 VF-0S. I bought mine from them and don't expect the rest to last the weekend.

They also have some stands and it looks like the black stands are selling better than the silver ones.

so, I went to check the mail today and i almost kissed my mail man,!!!!! :):):)

walking towards me was a man carrying a rather large box from twinmoons!!!

just got my VF-0S!

this thing is absolutely amazing!!! the detail, the size the amzing opportunity to weather this bad boy.

also, i am so glad that i am one of the few who found no problems with them I have inspected all four of them and they are all great absolutely flaws.

anyway here are my pics

post-2873-1147394242_thumb.jpg post-2873-1147394218_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1147394200_thumb.jpgpost-2873-1147394185_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1147394170_thumb.jpgpost-2873-1147394155_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1147394131_thumb.jpgpost-2873-1147394265_thumb.jpg

so, I went to check the mail today and i almost kissed my mail man,!!!!! :):):)

walking towards me was a man carrying a rather large box from twinmoons!!!

just got my VF-0S!

this thing is absolutely amazing!!! the detail, the size the amzing opportunity to weather this bad boy.

also, i am so glad that i am one of the few who found no problems with them I have inspected all four of them and they are all great absolutely flaws.

I see that you've taken yours apart somewhat to panel line it. Do you think it's easy to remove the backpack? The reason I ask is because I'm going to have to replace the grey panel that attaches the flap to the backpack, and I wanted to know if I should request the entire backpack or just the grey plate.

Alittle off topic but, how did you get the FP on the CF? (mine doesn't have the booster holes..)
More comparison shots with a 1/60 Super FP CF :)

398688[/snapback]

398741[/snapback]

I made the two rectangular holes in the backpack on each side ;)

I measured the holes from a fast pack equipped valk and used a dremel to cut the CF backpack in the exact same place. If you do this make the slots a little bit smaller so the fast packs fit tightly.

hey agr33, if i may ask, how long did it take for you to apply all the stickers and panel outline? it looks like it is quite a project to do that. also, what did you use for panel outlining? i have to say you did an outstanding job. well done, kyatsu :D

acutally guys i didn't take it apart at all. i used the same techiuqe i use in my model kits ... all together it took about 30 min.

here;s the trick guys.

take a small cup or container. add water, some palmolive(dish washing soap) and and black acrylic paint. ( must be acrylic!!!!!) mix it all together until you get a type of sluggy mixture.

then with an ordinary paint brush apply everywhere there is a panel line ect.

let it dry for about ten minutes then just rub off. if it gets a little hard to take off just apply a little water to a rag and it will come right off. this techniuqe is full prof

if you mess up no prob just wipe off and start over.

note it is supossed to look really messy but it will come out beautiful and as a side effect it will give you that great weathered look and make you valk look less like a toy!

Go, eugimon, go! :)

I now have a VF-0 in my hand. I have not transformed it yet. For now I just leave it at the factory-default fighter mode , with the Macross sail logo applied to the sides of the cockpit.

The goods:

There is no shipping mishaps on this dude. The tail fins are good. The Jolly Roger logos on the tail fins are straight. The paint is perfect everywhere. The pilot is nicely sculpted and painted.

Does anybody know how to safely remove the intake covers? I'm able to remove one of them by pressing on the bottom part (in the manual). The other one just won't budge. I still want the valk have its glory within the first day out of the box. B))

I got mine today at work, opened the box, and transformed it... I am so happy. :D

However (and I don't feel like reading 80 pages, just to find my answer), has anyone thought about using 1/48 missile sets onto this?

Those 4 slits on the sides (2 on left and right) of the back where the tail boosters and tail hook is located, would this mean that a fp/sp might be in the works?

thank you agr33. i will try doing it when i have the guts. i am so chicken about this. but maybe i will have the courage to do it now. kyatsu

well it will go alot faster with a wider brush , but i always use a mid -size brush,

stikers take no time alt all. you would be finised with everything in under an hour, :)

398676[/snapback]

398685[/snapback]

why BBTS when you can get them far cheaper on ebay & from some TRUSTED sellers here ?.

aaajin

398713[/snapback]

I would never make a transaction for over $100 on Ebay, I'm not aware of any forum members that currently have some available, and I TRUST BBTS. Is that good enough?

I got mine today at work, opened the box, and transformed it... I am so happy. :D

However (and I don't feel like reading 80 pages, just to find my answer), has anyone thought about using 1/48 missile sets onto this?

Those 4 slits on the sides (2 on left and right) of the back where the tail boosters and tail hook is located, would this mean that a fp/sp might be in the works?

398772[/snapback]

The missles from the 1/48 fit fine on the VF-0. The fast packs and super parts I havent tried. I doubt it'll hold though being how heavy those boosters are AND that there's no actual locking mechanism on the VF-0's backpack, so it'll just flop around.

398772[/snapback]

The 4 slits on the VF-0S's backback are a completely different size and shape compared to those on the 1/48, so the 1/48 FAST Packs will not fit. Not to mention that they would be completely out of scale anyway.

Graham

It seems people are finally realizing a 1/48 VF-0 would be an insane idea afterall. Not only it would cost a pretty penny , it would be way too big for a display piece in anyone´s display cabinet , let alone the fact that production costs would possibly force Yamato to do a limited run with probably not many variants...

1/60 was the best option IMO. Just look at this toy and you´ll know I´m right. Let´s hope they make a 0D and a SV-51 ( or an OCTOS...yeah right  :rolleyes: ).

OT: I´ve had this signature for almost over a year and now that the toy is out and its size is now a fact everyone can see I think I can finally change it. :lol:

398652[/snapback]

Nope. MOST of you love this thing@1/60, and I'm not lying, I do myself.

But I do not think 1/48 is insane at all. Remember, this is the same company that intended to create a 1/60 monster a couple years back. Sure it never came out but still it would have been awesome if they did. Too big for display cases?? I collect 1/18 scale planes, so in my case, no.

I think it would have been AWESOME in 1/48, it would have given yamato more space to cram in some painstaking detail that they are known for. It would have costed much yes but hell to me it would have appealed more. I realize I am in the minority and there are just a few of us who wanted it 1/48, with that said the 1/60 VF-0 does not dissapoint me, I just think it'd be cooler if we had a giant 1/48 scaled VF-0.

Besides most of you here have more 1/48 VF-1's and less 1/60.

With that said, I will gladly buy this toy. Don't get me wrong I don't hate that its 1/60, I just wish it was 1/48(YES I REALIZE IT WOULD PROBABLY BE 2 FEET LONG AND TALL AND REMEMBER I COLLECT 1/18 SCALE TOYS SO TRUST ME THIS WOULDN'T BE ALL THAT BIG FOR ME).

*Btw that ink line technique brought up earlier with the palm olive, GENIUS!! I'm definitely trying it out!*

acutally guys i didn't take it apart at all. i used the same techiuqe i use in my model kits ... all together it took about 30 min.

here;s the trick guys.

take a small cup or container. add water, some palmolive(dish washing soap) and and black acrylic paint. ( must be acrylic!!!!!) mix it all together until you get a type of sluggy mixture.

Thanks for the tip!

What are the ratios for the paint/water/soap ?

And me being a total noob, what's the soap for? Less water tension so it will sink into every crevice of the valk?