New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Hssss....I just noticed that. For our sake I hope that particular piece is detachable, or at least in the form of some kind of flexible material, although that would ruin the model-esque nature of the "toy."

Yeah I agree. That thing looks fragile. Whatever the material they used for the bandai 1/65 vf17s headlaser, I think something like that would be good material for this part. I liked how it was bendy but ALSO firm so that if you tried to bend it out of shape, it would bounce back into its proper form. The banprestos on the other hand have deformed headlaser from being too soft and now they look silly because they are bent in the wrong shape. You pretty much have to bend them back again to make them look straight. There has to be a middle ground where it is hard enough not to look deformed, but soft and flexible so that if you drop it, the piece doesn't snap.

Maybe that is one of the reasons the hand is not fully extended? Because of the complaints about the loose wrist of the chicken hands making the gunpod wobbly?

So instead of extending it out fully it is kept half within the sleeve to support the meaty gunpod? Remember how wobbly the vf1 wrist gets when holding the gunpod? They need to make that wrist tighter if possible.

Oh btw are they still going to include the rotating seat gimmick somebody mentioned ages ago? That would be cool.

Judging by the pics looks like the gunpod scrapes the ground in fighter mode or at least is very close to it. Maybe they should put a magnet inside the gunpod so it sits flush all the time? :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Not before they have countless color-based variants of the '0S....

365762[/snapback]

i wish they would make an official announcement of variants, now that i keep looking at it, i might want more than one, after getting one, i might want a blue (max) and red (hikaru) custom, just to sit next to the 1/48s

Oh btw are they still going to include the rotating seat gimmick somebody mentioned ages ago? That would be cool.

365404[/snapback]

Yes, the rotating seat gimmick is confirmed.

Graham

365656[/snapback]

I missed this, is this going to be some ballast device to keep the cockpit level in all modes, or some manual rotation?

Guys, I've got some more information on the 1/60 VF-0S from a very reliable source: -

Some of this info we know already, but some is new.

1) Leg superparts are magnet attached to avoid ugly hole on the lower leg. (We know this already)

2) Rear landing gear has a lock function to prevent the gear from collapsing.

3) The rear landing gear shafts actually spread out when you open and lock the landing gear, just like on a real plane.

4) Sliding function added on the chest piece so that battroid torso looks shorter.

5) Cockpit seat can rotate. (we know this already).

6) Nose pitot tube is designed to be detachable, so that it will not be damaged during transformation.

Graham

How about we SPECULATE as to which VF-0 variants they're gonna release.

VF-0S Focker

VF-0A Shin

VF-0A Nora Fodder

VF-0D Shin/Edgar

What else?

365972[/snapback]

You are forgetting: -

VF-0D normal color (grey & white)

VF-0B Space Proving Wing color (Hasegawa kit only, not in the OVA).

I actually prefer the normal grey VF-0D to Shin's blue version. I have my Hasegawa VF-0D painted that way.

Why did you write VF-0A Nora Fodder? Nora doesn't fly a VF-0A. Don't you mean Cannon Fodder?

Graham

How about we SPECULATE as to which VF-0 variants they're gonna release.

VF-0S Focker

VF-0A Shin

VF-0A Nora Fodder

VF-0D Shin/Edgar

What else?

365972[/snapback]

SPECULATE??? On MacrossWorld?

Well, that would be something new. We only discuss facts around here.

If they made the little tube jutting off the front diecast? I think that'd be dangerous (as in, poke an eye out). Plus, if you dropped your toy or even had the front landing gear collapse while rolling it you'd risk bending it or chipping the paint.

If they made the little tube jutting off the front diecast? I think that'd be dangerous (as in, poke an eye out). Plus, if you dropped your toy or even had the front landing gear collapse while rolling it you'd risk bending it or chipping the paint.

If they made the little tube jutting off the front diecast?  I think that'd be dangerous (as in, poke an eye out).  Plus, if you dropped your toy or even had the front landing gear collapse while rolling it you'd risk bending it or chipping the paint.

366185[/snapback]

After the ammount of money we are going to spend on the 0? It would be borderline suicidal.

SNAP!

Looking at the pictures more closely, the official photographs show a definite wing overlap for battroid mode. This is more clear than any previous photos. The overlap is almost like the CGI and lineart of the VF-0. It's impressive that they were able to get this Valkyrie so close to the original computer models and drawings. Though I supposed being designed more realistically from the beginning (as a CG model would demand) helped bring the anime and the toy closer.

That looks awesome. I reckon the valk is perfectly porportioned in Battroid mode.

The gunpos is realy low to the ground, but at least it clears it.

I would like to see rear profile of the VF-0 in fighter. I want to see how the hands are placed while in fighter.

Stickers looks to be crap again by the way.

Looks to have a removable nosecone to allow for for one with an antennae, and one without.

Just look at that pilot!

Edited by kensei