New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

yeah.... dayam it... the more i see comparison pics...and pics of the actual toy...and everything.... i... i.... i can't resist!!!!

ok.... this is REALLY gonna be the last valk i buy.... sigh... i can see the money floating away from my wallet already....

I agree that is pretty close to the model. Whatever nitpicks there are over the shape, these are made up for by the improved gimmicks and stuff. A toy that looks close to a model for display, but with sturdy plastic and perfect transformation (decent look in all modes) so as not to snap in half when you handle it.

Although as I mentioned in the other thread about skinny valks, I tend to like the sleek but delicate look of a valk over the heavy and chunky look due to the nature of the robot as a jet that mostly fights in the air. (with the exception of GBP which beefs it up like a destroid)

vfexperimentalspringcmpage71wl.jpg

vfexperimentalcmsummer2002page.jpg

vfexperimentalcmsummer2002page1.jpg

crotch pieces being long in battroid isn't that much a problem with me. They did a good job hiding it with the 1/48 GBP imo. Skinny legs might translate into more space for forearms which can hold beefier hands which in turn can support the beefy gunpod.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hah, some people get so conditioned to the over elongated crotch on the 1:48 that they perceive it as the ideal proportion.  From the side this Yammy fighter mode looks just as good as the Hasegawa.  However, it's the battroid look that attracts me since I always like the robot mode more than the other two.  You can always go out to buy a good looking plane model, but can you readily buy a VF-1S battroid?

370945[/snapback]

err...ya....hasegawa makes the normal battroid, TV strike battroid, and DYRL strike battroid models...and next month the VF-0S battroid comes out

i'll be getting the model and not the toy. granted it's a nice toy...but i just want the proportions and detail to be perfect.

the model is also 1/5 the price of the toy...so i can buy a battroid, a fighter, and custom make the gerwalk with money left for 2 more battroids to be customed to my own liking....and that's enough work and fun to last at least 1 year. with toys i find that the rush ends too fast.

Edited by JLYC

Hah, some people get so conditioned to the over elongated crotch on the 1:48 that they perceive it as the ideal proportion.  From the side this Yammy fighter mode looks just as good as the Hasegawa.  However, it's the battroid look that attracts me since I always like the robot mode more than the other two.  You can always go out to buy a good looking plane model, but can you readily buy a VF-1S battroid?

370945[/snapback]

err...ya....hasegawa makes the normal battroid, TV strike battroid, and DYRL strike battroid models...and next month the VF-0S battroid comes out

i'll be getting the model and not the toy. granted it's a nice toy...but i just want the proportions and detail to be perfect.

the model is also 1/5 the price of the toy...so i can buy a battroid, a fighter, and custom make the gerwalk with money left for 2 more battroids to be customed to my own liking....and that's enough work and fun to last at least 1 year. with toys i find that the rush ends too fast.

371012[/snapback]

Thanks for the reminder of the Hasegawa battroid kit. It totally escaped my mind because I've been thinking about and looking for a completed battroid. Actually, I had worked on Macross model kits for several years. With family expansion and the need to keep everybody safe from the fume, I had to forgo this hobby.

Agh! What the hell is that thing?! It's beautiful! Where did it come from? Where can I buy it?

ohhhhh you missed on that one? poor you...theyre all sold out now :lol::D:):p

371085[/snapback]

Meanie. Okay, thanks for confirming that it's a custom valk and not available for purchase.

Well maybe if they make a movie version with a proper ending to macross zero, they can say these were the experimental designs the anti-un stole from UN, which after the UN started raiding one of thier bases and taken it back, (post macross zero ova event) then had the reaction engine put inside and used. :D

...But no, they didn't end up being the production version because after they put reaction engines in them, they were stolen again by anti-un. (ie like the constant gundam-jacking and swapping of the gundam mk II in zeta gundam :D)

So that's why the VF0 came about: all that lost tech meant they had to start again. Eventually the SV51 (the rival to these vfex valks in the pics) won out in performance and these were used by the anti un instead.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Speaking of the '51, at some point I'm sure we'll end up seeing Yamato's take on that design...

371583[/snapback]

I actually wouldn't care if there was some part swapping so it looks good in all modes... it probably would have to be that way or the toy would look like a stick figure that's as hard to to transform as a rubix cube

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I was wondering if the '51 would be eligible for the "perfect transformation" treatment. If there's anyone that can figure that out, it would be Yamato...

Man, when the final payment call is up for my pre-ordered Low-Vis, Stealth & now this little baby, Yamato is going to suck me dry and I'll be eating peas for the coming months. :wacko:

Someone ought to create a listing of the cheapest places to buy the zero. :lol:

373157[/snapback]

You've got BIG BAD TOY STORE (174.99), HOBBY LINK JAPAN ($141.74), TWIN MOONS ($151.99), and MW'ers TOY WAVE, NEOVA, SAMURAI MONKEY.

Did I miss anyone else?

you're right it definately depends on where you live.

Twinmoons does seem to have a lead at the moment.

plus if you have coupon code from Twin moons, its even sweeter :)

Edited by Macross73

373493[/snapback]

any coupons out there for them?

373544[/snapback]

Also, for anyone interested, Tamim has a pretty cool referral program going. If you have not ordered with Twin Moons before, you can save 10% on your first order at TMPAnime.com. Use coupon code DRVAN10.

373493[/snapback]

Am I missing somenting here? I thought SAMURAI-MONKEY has a pre-order deal of $160 (including shipping to most area) http://samurai-monkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=75 .

samurai_m correct this post if I am wrong.

Someone ought to create a listing of the cheapest places to buy the zero. :lol:

373157[/snapback]

You've got BIG BAD TOY STORE (174.99), HOBBY LINK JAPAN ($141.74), TWIN MOONS ($151.99), and MW'ers TOY WAVE, NEOVA, SAMURAI MONKEY.

Did I miss anyone else?

373166[/snapback]

Pretty sure amenbo will beat that lot. Including shipping which you can see up front. Amenbo has always been cheaper then HLJ.

373493[/snapback]

Am I missing somenting here? I thought SAMURAI-MONKEY has a pre-order deal of $160 (including shipping to most area)

samurai_m correct this post if I am wrong.

373559[/snapback]

Samurai m had a preorder for the VF-0S up in Jan. for 160.00 shipped. There was not much interest a the time because of the lack product photos. Only about 5 or 6 members ordered (I was on of them :D ).

He has an preorder up on his forums Samurai Monkey For another order, but I will arrive after the intial release, and the price may change.

I preordered mine through HLJ way back when they first had them up for preorder, but I could swear that the price was less (like $125 or so) then what they are advertising now. Does anyone else remember that? My account doesn't show a price, but if it was a lower price do I get it at the first price or the current price? I sent them this question also but haven't got an answer yet cause it's only been a day. I preordered yesterday with Twin moons just incase because after shipping it would be about the same price only infinately faster shipping! but now I'm probably WAY down on the preorder list. Just need to know who to cancel with.

Chris

Edited by Dobber