New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

New pics of the Yamato 1/60 VF-0S from the April 2006 issues of Dengeki Hobby magazine & Hobby Japan magazine have been added to the Yamato VF-0S pre-production page. (click on link and scroll down to the magazine pics).

These magazine pics have also been archived in the MW Magazine Section.

Graham

374190[/snapback]

Thanks for the scans Graham!

Do you know what's with the VF-0A article? Is that Hasegawa related?

Cool feature, didnt know the cockpit could be tilted backwards/slip into the chest area for battroid mode operation. Thats a nice feature. Can see there is quite a lot of enhancements and details being put into this 1/60 VF-0S. My worries are will there be any faults or problems as this is the first version. Hope yamato produce a defects free version as that of the gpb.

Cheers

New pics of the Yamato 1/60 VF-0S from the April 2006 issues of Dengeki Hobby magazine & Hobby Japan magazine have been added to the Yamato VF-0S pre-production page. (click on link and scroll down to the magazine pics).

These magazine pics have also been archived in the MW Magazine Section.

Graham

374190[/snapback]

Thanks for the scans Graham.

wow nice. Man, you know a toy is just around the corner for release when they start releasing close up pics of the features. Can't wait.

Hmm.... it seems from the new pics that the VF-0S looks fragile.

374202[/snapback]

Yeah, I notice the metal swingbar is about 1/2 the width of the 1/48 swing bar :blink: . Everything else looks like it would be as durable as the 1/48.

I could have lived without the quasi rotating cockpit gimmick, but as long as it isn't fragile, I'll give Yamato props for trying.

Keeps looking better, but I'll have to echo the concern about the swing-bar. With the 1/48 when I have it all splayed out in mid-transformation, it always seems so fragile with both heavy halves of the toy being held together by that one thin bar. If it's any thinner on the VF-0 that effect will be even more dramatic. I trust Yamato enough to not assume they'd take a step backwards with the swing-bar, but I'm stil wary.

Keeps looking better, but I'll have to echo the concern about the swing-bar.  With the 1/48 when I have it all splayed out in mid-transformation, it always seems so fragile with both heavy halves of the toy being held together by that one thin bar.  If it's any thinner on the VF-0 that effect will be even more dramatic.  I trust Yamato enough to not assume they'd take a step backwards with the swing-bar, but I'm stil wary.

374417[/snapback]

Isn't the swing bar metal?

That stand and the way its displayed loook badass.  Seems to be a very solid toy!!  Anyone notice that the lower legs EXTEND to reveal the knee joints>?  And when folded up, they CONCEAL the knee/mid thigh joints as well!  BRILLIANT!!

374380[/snapback]

Don't really see what you mean by the knee concealing. Isn't it just the same as the 1/48 with the knee covers?

Yeah...i love the way they pose that on the display stand. GAH! This is definately an improvement over the 1/48. I always wondered why they didn't do the full piece turbine in the legs in the 1/48. And they did it in this VF-0. w00ts. I can't decide to leave this in what form. I might just get a whole squadron.

>_<

There's also the holes in the backpack, the back of the legs and the arms to seemingly fit the VF-1 fastpacks. Well i'm sure the pegs in the arms and the holes in the legs are there for the transformation but the backpack holes....hmmm. It MIGHT fit. :lol: But if not, here's waiting on a Ghost fighter. ;)

PS: I foresee that there might be a problem with the hands of the VF-0. It looks like you'd have to pull it out of its housing in fighter mode when changing to battroid or gerwalk. Its connected by a wrist joint. So it has to be very tight and durable to handle the pulling. If yammy doesn't do it right, this piece can be the next piece prone for breaking.

Edited by wolfx

That stand and the way its displayed loook badass.  Seems to be a very solid toy!!  Anyone notice that the lower legs EXTEND to reveal the knee joints>?  And when folded up, they CONCEAL the knee/mid thigh joints as well!  BRILLIANT!!

374380[/snapback]

Don't really see what you mean by the knee concealing. Isn't it just the same as the 1/48 with the knee covers?

Yeah...i love the way they pose that on the display stand. GAH! This is definately an improvement over the 1/48. I always wondered why they didn't do the full piece turbine in the legs in the 1/48. And they did it in this VF-0. w00ts. I can't decide to leave this in what form. I might just get a whole squadron.

>_<

There's also the holes in the backpack, the back of the legs and the arms to seemingly fit the VF-1 fastpacks. Well i'm sure the pegs in the arms and the holes in the legs are there for the transformation but the backpack holes....hmmm. It MIGHT fit. :lol: But if not, here's waiting on a Ghost fighter. ;)

PS: I foresee that there might be a problem with the hands of the VF-0. It looks like you'd have to pull it out of its housing in fighter mode when changing to battroid or gerwalk. Its connected by a wrist joint. So it has to be very tight and durable to handle the pulling. If yammy doesn't do it right, this piece can be the next piece prone for breaking.

374428[/snapback]

Look at the knee joint pictures. The leg on right is the knee bent with no extension. The leg bent on left is fully bent/extended, and shows part of the knee/midleg joint that is concealed in the upper thigh has been revealed. It helps in making the knee joints have a double joint of some sorts. Only reverse. Make sense? Its in the hobby japan scan. Look at the knee closeup on the bottom left, the pic explains itself.

To answer some of the questions above.

No, the 1/48 FAST Packs cannot fit in the holes in the 1/60 VF-0S backpack. The holes are too small and have slightly rounded corners as well.

Don't worry about the swing bar on the VF-0S, it's plenty strong enough.

While it's not revolutionary, it's certainly evolutionary in that Yamato have thought of ways to improve nearly every part over the 1/48.

Graham

Graham,

Thanks for the pics.

A friend told me there are more in the new Figure Oh, which has a "lime-green" cover... I haven't seen the issue yet, though, and I am not sure if the pics differ all that much from the other mags this month.

While it's not revolutionary, it's certainly evolutionary in that Yamato have thought of ways to improve nearly every part over the 1/48.

Graham

374458[/snapback]

Too right. Also the amount of detail that they slapped on that baby too.

I also noted that the hands semi-retract when in fighter mode.

Edited by kensei

To answer some of the questions above.

No, the 1/48 FAST Packs cannot fit in the holes in the 1/60 VF-0S backpack. The holes are too small and have slightly rounded corners as well.

Don't worry about the swing bar on the VF-0S, it's plenty strong enough.

Graham

374458[/snapback]

Hmm...ok. Any idea what those holes are for? (if you can tell of course ;) )

Now makes you wonder why they have similar holes to the 1/48 there. If it was for the Ghost booster, i reckon it shouldn't join to thebackpack that way. Mebbe its for the reactive armour.

Shin densetsu:

Look at the knee joint pictures. The leg on right is the knee bent with no extension. The leg bent on left is fully bent/extended, and shows part of the knee/midleg joint that is concealed in the upper thigh has been revealed. It helps in making the knee joints have a double joint of some sorts. Only reverse. Make sense? Its in the hobby japan scan. Look at the knee closeup on the bottom left, the pic explains itself.

Yeah. I saw what you mean. Thanks. Gives the thigh joint slightly more mobility. Hopefully that part is racheted just like the 1/48 or there will be problems with it standing up in gerwalk.

prometheum:

So I gather from the VF-0A lineart, we're getting a VF-0A next?

Though the pic of the VF-0A is a hasegawa, a yammie VF-0A is highly likely to be the next release since its just a repaint and new head, whereas a VF-0D is quite possible later on, cause i mean, its Shin's plane. How can they not make it?

Edited by wolfx

Great pics. Love the details on this. Makes me want to watch the ova again. Now I wonder how the boxart will look.

374538[/snapback]

regardless of what they put for box art, I just wish they can strink the box sizes...

I wish the box design evolved as the valk design has...

regardless of what they put for box art, I just wish they can strink the box sizes...

Seriously, if they packaged these things in Battloid mode they could easily be in boxes half the size. I think Yamato is in bed with the shipping companies of the world...

Seriously, if they packaged these things in Battloid mode they could easily be in boxes half the size. I think Yamato is in bed with the shipping companies of the world...

375026[/snapback]

I agree, and that is how the old takatokus and even the macross plus toys were for the most part. However you have to worry about the backpack on the 1/48 breaking in package before even opening. Perhaps if yamato left the backpack unfolded, like the old takatokus, then maybe it would survive shipping. (weren't the old takatokus in battroid mode in box with the backpack unfolded?).

I am almost sure had the 1/48 been shipped with backpack folded in battroid, that Bp8 would have been worse than the YF19 tab B incident 5 years back.

However I think, if yamato does not sweep the wings all the way in package, and places the missles in sections underneath the fighter rather than beside it in package, that the box size can still be made a lot smaller. Perhaps 2 plastic trays, the big one for the fighter at midsweep, and below it, a thin tray displaying the missles underneath, not spread all out like the 1/48 box. This way, as a potential buyer seeing this on shelf, you can still see the armnaments, still see the wings spread, and it still makes a presentable view! Not to mention smaller box and less cost of shipping.

Or yamato can simply polybag the missles and stuff them in a corner of the box. I think wing sweep has if anything, made those boxes gigantic.(they're always at full spread!)

Yamato boxes are for presentation, and that is it. If they weren't so flimsy, had better art for the most part (they redeemed themselves with the GBP box) they'd be the ultimate collector's box.

However I think, if yamato does not sweep the wings all the way in package, and places the missles in sections underneath the fighter rather than beside it in package, that the box size can still be made a lot smaller.  Perhaps 2 plastic trays, the big one for the fighter at midsweep, and below it, a thin tray displaying the missles underneath, not spread all out like the 1/48 box.  This way, as a potential buyer seeing this on shelf, you can still see the armnaments, still see the wings spread, and it still makes a presentable view!  Not to mention smaller box and less cost of shipping. 

Or yamato can simply polybag the missles and stuff them in a corner of the box.  I think wing sweep has if anything, made those boxes gigantic.(they're always at full spread!)

375167[/snapback]

I totally agree. In fact, I put a 1/48 against its box with the tailfins folded down and the wings retracted -- I found the box could be half the size it is now and still have room for missiles etc. <_<

375026[/snapback]

Wish someone could slap some sense in Yamato with their senseless box designs and size! :angry:<_<