So have they cut season 5 short at only 20 episodes instead of the usual 22 episodes? :(

I saw episode 20 was announced as the season finale?

There's definitely been fewer and fewer Clone Wars figures released by Hasbro for season 4 and 5.

I recently picked up the Phase II armour Captain Rex, Commander Fox and Commander Wolff for my son. Disappointing that the knees are not articulated though.

Graham

Sorry to say but this show will not be back for another season.

A NEW DIRECTION FOR LUCASFILM ANIMATION

Not another season, but not over yet either. More episodes are coming to tie up plots points.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-3-11/lucasfilm-announces-end-clone-wars-teases-new-star-wars-toon

Giving closure to fans of the show is classy, syfy take note...

At first I was raging but after watching the video and seeing the direction they are going with the new Clone Wars I'm excited. Loved the Order 66 hints seeping through,Admrial Trench is back! and those Jedi looked cool. Should be a great finish.

I wonder if it will just touch on what Ahsoka is doing as its probably clear she wont be a main player in this series/season.

Disney still kinda annoyed me with them putting a stop sign in front of game development on 1313 and such. Dont know why they just couldnt let development continue it has nothing to do with their focus on Ep VII...

but guess we will see how things go,not much we can really do about it. all busniess in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the last episode. Not sure how they will tie up the maul plotline.

Yeah, it's starting to sound like they might get to tie up all the plotlines they planned to...

http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/The_Clone_Wars_Team_Reportedly_Being_Disbanded_150781.asp

I pretty much saw the Disney acquisition as neither a good nor bad thing.

But the decision to cancel this version of the Clone Wars definitely pisses me off.

Really wish Disney would just say screw it, and let the original crew of writers and animators tie up all the loose ends with one final season.

It's gonna get you BIG RATINGS, Disney!

But the decision to cancel this version of the Clone Wars definitely pisses me off.

Was the show really going anywhere? I feel like it was visually beautiful, and fun but there wasn't much of a progressive story... I would say the ONE episode that has implication to the larger picture was the episode where Anikin tortured a prisoner to get information out of him, then lied to ObiWan about it.

Was the show really going anywhere? I feel like it was visually beautiful, and fun but there wasn't much of a progressive story... I would say the ONE episode that has implication to the larger picture was the episode where Anikin tortured a prisoner to get information out of him, then lied to ObiWan about it.

I'm not disagreeing with you there; I'm impressed that it went on as long as it did. I'm not mad that it's being cancelled, I'm mad that the creative team is being given the axe instead of a full season to wrap things up.

We've been seeing shades of why the clones were so brutal with Order 66 (Pong Krell wiped the floor with a bunch of 'em. Ahsoka was able to elude them, making it almost damn impossible to capture her alive. And there was a teaser scene for Season 6 on starwars.com that showed a clone getting faulty/glitchy and shooting a random Jedi from behind.).

I'd still like to see what happened to Rex (as Appo is running the 501st clones when Anakin/Vader marches into the temple).

Hell, like Graham is always harping about, I'd like to see more Clone-centric stories.

And more signs to Anakin's downfall or more episodes showing the toll the war is taking on the Jedi's psyche would be fine with me too.

Believe me, I'm a bigger fan of the Genndy Tartakovsky clone wars series. And there were definitely moments that royally pissed me off with this version.

But there have been stand-out moments with this series too, and I believe it deserved another season to tie up most of its loose ends. Again, it's not like this series was struggling or unpopular. Why not transfer it over to a Disney channel and milk it for one more season?

Edited by Mog

• 6 months later...

Some good news for a ending:

Dave Filoni confirms final episodes

Star Wars fans - I have some exciting news! We have wrapped production on all of the remaining Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes, and while that might be sad news in one way, it's good news in another. It means you will finally get to see them. When, exactly, is a detail I cannot yet share. I can confirm that in early 2014 you will be watching the final episodes of The Clone Wars, including one of Master Yoda's most challenging missions. So, get ready. We've got Clone Wars and Rebels coming at you in 2014. Animated Star Wars is alive and well. Trust in the Force my friends.

- Dave

That's really good news. Thanks for the link!

I started the show early, but got sidetracked along the way. Since the Disney news, I have been waiting before investing more time into this series again. Now that it looks like they can get a real ending in place, I'm going to start where I left off. LoL! I have a lot of catching up to do.

• 2 months later...

"Jeremy Barlow: Due to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV show’s sudden cancelation, Lucasfilm wasn’t able to film the final episodes of the series, which is a shame because the story is an important — and action-packed — chapter in Darth Maul’s continuing evolution as envisioned by George Lucas."

So glad they wasted production time on the useless Padme political episodes.

Chris

Just finished Season 5 on Blu ray and wooow! The last two story arcs are pretty darn well written and directed. The visuals are downright epic. Only wish they could have gotten to do a full Season 6.

I believe what they are finished 2 or 3 episodes before aquisition by Disney.

But I don't have any proof about these XD

Edit: Ok, I have this sequence XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMT3ApDealw

Edited by Old_Nash

• 1 month later...

So, those who do not have, nor want, Netflix are out of luck? Well, that sucks.

Netflix is big on having exclusive/original content. They don't see their service as competition for cable or dish, but for premium channels like HBO. At least Netflix doesn't require a cable/dish sub, too, like HBO does.

Anyway, Netflix is constantly offering free trials. Sign up after Clone Wars becomes available, watch the 13 episodes (depending on the trial, that's only an episode or two a day), then cancel.

• 2 weeks later...