^^Agreed. When you add in the first episode of the season, you wind up with a 5-part arc that did a lot of good:

• It added more depth to Darth Maul, changing him from a silent, lightsaber wielding killing machine in Phantom Menace into a plotting, scheming, snarky bastard worthy of the Sith lineage.
  • It got Maul out of those oversized legs, put some robes onto him, and made him into a more serious threat.
  • We got some great fights (Obi vs. Savage-Maul, Vizla vs. Maul, Sidious vs. Maul-Savage) that were a pleasure to watch.
  • Pirates, Mandalorians, crime lords, and bounty hunters all in one arc, and being done in such a way that makes sense.
  • We got rid of the whole pacifist Mandalorians bit (Seriously, the words "pacifist" and "Mandalorian" should never have ever been associated with one another).
  • We got the added bonus of watching Maul be a complete dick,

kill Satine right in front of a helpless Obi

, and give Obi some added pathos and suffering.

• And we got to see Sidious seriously cut loose.

Not too shabby for an arc (even with the utter lack of Clone-centric stories so far this season).

P.S.--I know it's a cheesy weapon, but I love that Maul kept Vizla's obsidian black blade. It's fun watching that thing get wielded around.

Episode 17 started really well, I thought we were gonna get a full-on battle episode with Clones liberating a planet from Seperatist, but it quickly went down hill when Anakin and Ahsoka got recalled to the Jedi temple and it turned into a CSI type 'who done it' episode :(

Yes, the CSI stuff was well done visually, but damn it I wanted a large scale battle with Clones slagging droids.

Graham

Episode 17 started really well, I thought we were gonna get a full-on battle episode with Clones liberating a planet from Seperatist, but it quickly went down hill when Anakin and Ahsoka got recalled to the Jedi temple and it turned into a CSI type 'who done it' episode :( Yes, the CSI stuff was well done visually, but damn it I wanted a large scale battle with Clones slagging droids. Graham

After the last batch of episodes, I can't help but wonder just what they're setting up this time.

After the last batch of episodes, I can't help but wonder just what they're setting up this time.

I'm not sure long term but all the comments about how "inconceivable" it is that anyone would attack the jedi temple (Hello Anakin Ep. 3!) was kinda foreshadowing!

I'm not sure long term but all the comments about how "inconceivable" it is that anyone would attack the jedi temple (Hello Anakin Ep. 3!) was kinda foreshadowing!

Yeah, that was pretty cool.

Still wishing for more Clone action. This season has again been pretty much The Clone(less) Wars.

Graham

Yeah...Younglings, Droids, Mandos, and token Jedi...isn't there a war going on? And when are we going to see the infamous "Outer Rim Sieges"?

Amazing episode. The animation is seriously Perfected. When Anakin saw
Ahsoka and Ventress together you could FEEL his expression. That fight
scene with the clones and then that Fight scene with the Dark Jedi..my
god. Incredible. One of the BEST lightsaber duels Ive seen so far.

Ahsoka just keeps getting herself more and more deeper in **** the more
she trys to keep out of it. One of the best arcs so far. really loving
it. Those underworld cops are cool too.

I wasn't sure about this arc when it started with Sabotage but it has turned out to be one of the best of this season, and I loved seeing Asajj Venterss' return... am I the only one here who thinks she's one of, if not the most complex, well developed, and fun to watch characters in the entire Clone Wars Series?

This may be the writers/producers leading the audience in order to pull a surprise reveal/fast one at the end, but it seems glaringly obvious that the Jedi behind the bombing, and framing Ahsoka, is Tano's friend Barriss.

Edited by mechaninac

I wasn't sure about this arc when it started with Sabotage but it has turned out to be one of the best of this season, and I loved seeing Asajj Venterss' return... am I the only one here who thinks she's one of, if not the most complex, well developed, and fun to watch characters in the entire Clone Wars Series?

This may be the writers/producers leading the audience in order to pull a surprise reveal/fast one at the end, but it seems glaringly obvious that the Jedi behind the bombing, and framing Ahsoka, is Tano's friend Barriss.

Agree with both points. As for the latter point, motivation?

I wonder if they'll end this season cliffhanger style as to Ahsoka's fate, or just finish her story one way or another with the season finale? I've come to like her character, and wouldn't mind seeing her continue a bit more into the final season. Obviously, they're going to have to dispose of her in some fashion as they lead up to the events in EP I.

Agree with both points. As for the latter point, motivation?

If I'm right, and I'm not saying that I am -- I actually expect that I'm not, then a motivation for her actions would be revealed when/if she's shown to be the real culprit.

I hope what Ahsoka's death.

You mean you wish for her execution at the hands of the Senate, with the Jedi order helpless and/or unwilling to help her? I don't think a kid's show would go that far, but it would certainly bolster Anakin's disillusion with the Republic and the Jedi Council if one were to sentence her to death and the other just powerlessly accepts such a verdict.

Edited by mechaninac

Yeah, I was guessing it was

Barriss Offee

too after last week's episode.

This episode practically spelled it out that it was him/her.

Regarding that person's motivation, I'm sure participating in this war has produced some unease in some of the Jedi. Add in that this person has probably seen some of his/her Jedi friends die in the process of this war, and you can speculate why a Jedi would take those actions to push the Jedi out of the war.

Between Pong Krell, this mysterious Jedi terrorist, and Ahsoka's actions in this arc, you can see why some of the Clones wouldn't hestitate to pull off Order 66 so quickly and without mercy.

I doubt anything "final" will happen to Ahsoka this season, or probably ever. She's kind of the new hero introduced in the CG series, we've seen glimpses of her future self that indicate she'll move on to greater things (possibly in DIsney theatrical sequels? :D), and with introducing the fairly obvious "real" villain in this last episode, they're setting up for the truth to be revealed.

So far, the only arc this season that I've liked has been the Darth Maul crime syndicate arc. This current arc seems to not be as well written, like they're trying to draw out a relatively simple plot, but maybe the finale will set some really good context. I think most folks will agree with me that the droid arc seemed like pointless, un-entertaining filler (with maybe a couple funny moments).

Slightly off-topic, but soes it seem to anyone else like they've really turned up the "whip" factor with the lightsaber effects? Watching this latest fight scene, the sabers reminded me more of Zero from the Megaman X series.

Disney don't have plans for a sequence of Clone Wars.

It's more logical to reboot or remake the series with a new plot and new chars.

The series will be end now, or with a new season will be unacceptable, for the canon (Ok, no much...)

This current arc seems to not be as well written, like they're trying to draw out a relatively simple plot, but maybe the finale will set some really good context.

Yeah, they probably are drawing it out a bit, but it is good to see just how difficult it is for the Clones to capture a Jedi alive. Plus, we got to see more of bounty hunter/grey Force user Asajj. Neither of which is a bad thing.

Slightly off-topic, but soes it seem to anyone else like they've really turned up the "whip" factor with the lightsaber effects? Watching this latest fight scene, the sabers reminded me more of Zero from the Megaman X series.

It definitely feels like they've been speeding up the lightsaber fights these past few arcs. Maybe it's because the fights involve darksiders, but the fights have felt definitely more brutal and fast-paced.

And lastly, the focus on the new trilogy and the move to Disney might actually be better creatively for the CW CG crew. With the higher ups distracted by the "bigger" projects, it might allow them to take bigger risks and push the envelope storywise. Kinda like what happened to DS9 when the higher ups were focusing more on the Trek movies and Star Trek: Voyager.

Edited by Mog

The sequel to CW is Revenge of the Sith (SW Ep III). That Disney has no plans for one makes complete sense.

No logic in rebooting or remaking what hasn't enen been finished; next week's episode is a season finale, not a series one... unless Disney were to not renew and drop production altogether without a season 6 or a movie to wrap things up. I'm unnaware of such plans, but a pox on their company if they were to do it.

I think we'll get at least one more season. Considering how bad the CW movie was, the show has been pretty good overall, with these last few seasons having some really good story arcs and characters. They were so right to import Asajj Ventress over from Tartakovsky's animated shorts..probably the most complex character in the show.

Anyway, I'd say that the merchandising thus far has been sufficient to keep the network's/show's producers happy. LEGO has milked it for sure (God knows I have alot of SW sets, including every CW set). Too, Hasro keeps the pegs full of CW figs at the local retailer of choice.

Too, Hasbro keeps the pegs full of CW figs at the local retailer of choice.

I don't have an issue with anything that you said in your post, except for the quoted bit above.

There may be some CW figures out there on the pegs, but where's the CW figures of:

• 99 (the deformed clone on Kamino);
  • Fives (in ARC trooper armor);
  • Dogma:
  • Sergeant Appo;
  • Tarkin;
  • Asajj Ventress (in her Nightsister get-up and also in her bounty hunter get-up);

And where the hell is PONG freakin' KRELL?!!

And this list is not even counting any of the potential figures that could be made from this current season.

Unfortunately, Hasbro's been royally dropping the ball with its Clone Wars figures (and with its Star Wars figures in general).

So, is this how they get rid of her to explain her absence in ROTS and bring balance to the franchise? Or will we be seeing her again, perhaps joining forces with her new kindred spirit?

It was a great story arc and a satisfying end to the season indeed, but the identity of the true culprit was no surprise at all, just as I thought.

A very satisfying way to end Tano's run and a great way to explain her absence in ROTS. Plus, it's obvious she gets to survive the purge and show up between the trilogies in whatever new series will come after clone wars.

It's well done but also obvious that this entire series has been used to retcon and explain why Anakin turned to the dark side because ROTS failed to do so.

I was expecting for death of Ahsoka... But I content with the final.

Ok, let's waiting for a Seasn 6 in Disney XD

Honestly? I believed that Disney would cancel the series and its version. As with the Amazing Spider-Man.

It's well done but also obvious that this entire series has been used to retcon and explain why Anakin turned to the dark side because ROTS failed to do so.

Because it was so "unclear" in ROTS that Anakin would do anything and everything to prevent Padme's death, especially after all those visions of her death and the still-fresh experience of losing his mother (and not taking any action until it was practically too late). :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

But getting back to the finale, I was a little surprised at how it all ended. But I understand why "Snips" did what she did.

I am curious to see what will happen with

Barriss

though. Are they gonna execute her, lock her up in prison, or will Sidious find some use for the disgraced Jedi?

If we do get a sixth season, I do hope there's some follow-up to this arc, whether its a face-to-face between Ahsoka and

Barriss

(where the Jedi traitor explains why she did these things to Ahsoka) or some sort of follow-up scene involving

Luminara Unduli, Barriss' Jedi Master

talking with Ahsoka, Anakin, or the Jedi traitor.

I also enjoyed how Palpatine sowed a few seeds of Jedi distrust during the trial. Such a sneaky little bastard using the trial to further his purposes.

And lastly, if you're into brutal and fast lightsaber fights, these past two arcs have definitely given us a truckload of those.

I don't have an issue with anything that you said in your post, except for the quoted bit above.

There may be some CW figures out there on the pegs, but where's the CW figures of:

• 99 (the deformed clone on Kamino);
  • Fives (in ARC trooper armor);
  • Dogma:
  • Sergeant Appo;
  • Tarkin;
  • Asajj Ventress (in her Nightsister get-up and also in her bounty hunter get-up);

And where the hell is PONG freakin' KRELL?!!

And this list is not even counting any of the potential figures that could be made from this current season.

Unfortunately, Hasbro's been royally dropping the ball with its Clone Wars figures (and with its Star Wars figures in general).

While I've stopped collecting SW figs, I do take a glance at them from time to time. Thus far I've not paid enough attention to them to really notice which characters haven't been made; I just see full pegs wherever I go. As for your list of omissions, I don't think they've made Maul with all his leg variants either. I'd consider picking up a version of him with spider legs.

LEGO beat Hasbro to the punch with a Pong Krell figure (Z-95 Headhunter set# 75004)