Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

Decided to pull the trigger and start a VF-1 collection. 617401836_DXVF-1.thumb.jpg.a678628ca10253de20398cab5a7e982c.jpg

Had some fun with the VF-1S.1522468447_VF-1SValkyrie.thumb.jpg.862e1cda884e6b4b60641aa0fcf1decd.jpg1219494799_VF-1SGerwalk.thumb.jpg.fb51a5178aae86f24f7e6b058aa44685.jpg575159825_VF-1SBattroid.thumb.jpg.06589cd12347a63653b1101784dabcba.jpg

Really enjoyed transforming and handling this valk (it's kind of therapeutic). Looking forward to future releases, would love to see a VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mein Gott! I never realized the awesomeness of this! (My first Macross Chogokin btw). Will transform him once I get my progressive lens from the optometrist tomorrow.

20200309_195847.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, Saburo said:

Finally had some time to process and post up some shots.

49632628703_b994d9582c_h.jpg

Looks like Hikaru is ready for some high noon action!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Must resist buying this DX VF-1s. I was thinking, i should maybe buy another DX MAx instead, and make it into a Kakizake, and call it a day. 

edit in: Like others here, i am sort of fed up with DYRL colors. I just want my darn Vermillion complete. I got plenty of Yammie 1/48 brownies for background filler.

Edited by vlenhoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DYRL colors sell better, so you TV-only guys who are sick of DYRL colors are actually in the minority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the DYRL schemes but it would be really disappointing if they never release a TV Kakizaki. If they only release a single VF-1S that's meant to represent TV Roy, TV Hikaru, and DYRL Roy (with all the pilot figures) I could handle it. An incomplete Vermillion would be a travesty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DX 1s are getting snapped up below the 32k yen range and it will be a long wait before Roy's 1s after Hayao's 1a via TWE.

Slowly but surely that Hikaru's 1s is going to climb in to the price range of his 1J and be in the unreachable territory range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, borgified said:

The DX 1s are getting snapped up below the 32k yen range and it will be a long wait before Roy's 1s after Hayao's 1a via TWE.

Slowly but surely that Hikaru's 1s is going to climb in to the price range of his 1J and be in the unreachable territory range.

I want to stash another 1J away for the maybe GBP release. But then I wonder if they will do a grey goggle. Then I'll regret having bought another 1J at the current pricing. I suppose worse case the 1J probably won't go down in value.

I have three MISB 1S's though. I can probably use one to trade at some point if I need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sqidd said:

I want to stash another 1J away for the maybe GBP release. But then I wonder if they will do a grey goggle. Then I'll regret having bought another 1J at the current pricing. I suppose worse case the 1J probably won't go down in value.

I have three MISB 1S's though. I can probably use one to trade at some point if I need to.

I think you’re in good shape. I ended up with just 1 DX 1J because I’m banking on reissues of some sort. To me, there is just no way they don’t reissue it. If not, I don’t mind either because Hikaru’s 1J is actually one of my least favorite decos even though it is very iconic. I’d be perfectly happy putting the GBP on any other VF-1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I think you’re in good shape. I ended up with just 1 DX 1J because I’m banking on reissues of some sort. To me, there is just no way they don’t reissue it. If not, I don’t mind either because Hikaru’s 1J is actually one of my least favorite decos even though it is very iconic. I’d be perfectly happy putting the GBP on any other VF-1. 

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the 1J. And what I do like about is that it's iconic. It's growing on me more and more though now that I have it displayed.

Your logic is sound on the re-issue. They're really going to limit sales of GBP if they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the 1J. And what I do like about is that it's iconic. It's growing on me more and more though now that I have it displayed.

Your logic is sound on the re-issue. They're really going to limit sales of GBP if they don't.

Sounds like we have the same opinion of his 1J. There are too many hints and reasons for there not to be a reissue of some sort. Bandai does some strange stuff but again, I’m betting they won’t pass the chance to sell that Valk a second and third or more time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it is a legit coin-toss as to whether Bandai reissues the Hikaru 1J(with or without gray goggles).  It would make sense to do so, and probably boost GBP sales.  Also, the whole "first release/first press" display stand seems to imply that they were planning another release (or it could just be the first release in the new DX VF-1 line).

But this is Bandai, and what makes sense and what they actually do are often at odds with one another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

But this is Bandai, and what makes sense and what they actually do are often at odds with one another.

Truer words were never spoken.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Corrinald said:

I love the DYRL schemes but it would be really disappointing if they never release a TV Kakizaki. If they only release a single VF-1S that's meant to represent TV Roy, TV Hikaru, and DYRL Roy (with all the pilot figures) I could handle it. An incomplete Vermillion would be a travesty.

Yeah, it would be unfortunate to come so close with TV releases and then drop the ball. I'm hopeful that Bandai will complete the TV team and give us Roy/HIkaru's TV Skull 001 as well. Granted, waiting would be easier if Bandai gave us a hint. Oh well.

Not that I'm against the DRYL Valkyries. I understood Bandai would go down this path eventually and I think having them out there in the wild is a boon for those who are just getting into the Macross hobby. It's exciting stuff. Anyway, I've decided to limit myself to Hikaru's DYRL 1S since I'm happy having a complete Yamato/Arcadia DYRL collection.

Also, I'm getting old. It's getting difficult to sit through all the crazy pre-order madness. I have to pace myself nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bandai didn't reissue Arad's 31S; they didn't think not doing so would "limit sales" of the armor pack. Their thinking is probably more along the lines of "Okay, we're met our Macross production quota to keep those filthy animals happy. Let's get back to churning out more Gundam."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

But this is Bandai, and what makes sense and what they actually do are often at odds with one another.

 

23 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Truer words were never spoken.............

This is the only reason I have any doubt but we also know Bandai loves releasing Hikarus. 

16 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai didn't reissue Arad's 31S; they didn't think not doing so would "limit sales" of the armor pack. Their thinking is probably more along the lines of "Okay, we're met our Macross production quota to keep those filthy animals happy. Let's get back to churning out more Gundam."

That last part is probably very true. 
I don’t think the Arad comparison works as well since the Armor was out shortly after the Valk, just like the Super Parts releases. And also, Arad isn’t Hikaru. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, for what it's worth...if they don't re-release Hikaru's VF-1J somewhere down the line, I will be bummed.  I was originally collecting back when Yamato was consistently re-releasing better and different scaled versions of all kinds of Valkyries and don't want to go through that again, but I got on the DX train late and so far have only been able to acquire the Max 1A and Hikaru 1S at prices I was willing to pay. That, and the "initial release" label has me holding off on pulling the trigger at current 1J prices (though, I'm not 100% clear on what that phrase is supposed to imply given potential translation issues...also, apparently Bandai is crazy). 

Edited by Draykov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

 

This is the only reason I have any doubt but we also know Bandai loves releasing Hikarus. 

That last part is probably very true. 
I don’t think the Arad comparison works as well since the Armor was out shortly after the Valk, just like the Super Parts releases. And also, Arad isn’t Hikaru. 

You say that like Bandai actually gives a crap about the characters like we do. 

And if your idea of "shortly" is "over a year later" then yes it was definitely "shortly" after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

But this is Bandai, and what makes sense and what they actually do are often at odds with one another.

 

49 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Truer words were never spoken.............

 

25 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

This is the only reason I have any doubt but we also know Bandai loves releasing Hikarus. 

Yuuuuuup.  Preach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You say that like Bandai actually gives a crap about the characters like we do. 

And if your idea of "shortly" is "over a year later" then yes it was definitely "shortly" after. 

We all know most corporations don’t give a crap about anything but profit. Given the history and amount of Hikaru releases and rereleases in the past by Bandai, it’s a safe bet that Hikaru Valks are on the more profitable side of Macross products for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

We all know most corporations don’t give a crap about anything but profit. Given the history and amount of Hikaru releases and rereleases in the past by Bandai, it’s a safe bet that Hikaru Valks are on the more profitable side of Macross products for them.

It probably is. But since the 1J would be a reissue and not a new release, Bandai will do their research and get an idea of how many units they can expect to sell and decide whether or not it's worth it to allocate production capacity to something they've already released or if it's in their financial interest to release something else.

Bandai's "love" of any character only extends to how much of it they can sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai didn't reissue Arad's 31S; they didn't think not doing so would "limit sales" of the armor pack. Their thinking is probably more along the lines of "Okay, we're met our Macross production quota to keep those filthy animals happy. Let's get back to churning out more Gundam."

Lol. Exactly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It probably is. But since the 1J would be a reissue and not a new release, Bandai will do their research and get an idea of how many units they can expect to sell and decide whether or not it's worth it to allocate production capacity to something they've already released or if it's in their financial interest to release something else.

Bandai's "love" of any character only extends to how much of it they can sell.

Yeah,Bandai not giving a crap and Macross being extremely niche is a given. But it seems to be enough for them to keep continuing the franchise and products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drip feed. I miss Yamato..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bolt said:

Drip feed. I miss Yamato..

What was Yamato's market main concentration on? 

Bandai has done figures,  model kits and anything else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, borgified said:

What was Yamato's market main concentration on? 

Bandai has done figures,  model kits and anything else? 

Yamato was almost entirely a toy company. Even their 'models' were based on toy concepts that proved simply too limited in demand to warrant the spend on more expensive molds for toys.  Their models came in three varieties: plastic injection (fan jet), unassembled toys, and high density something-or-other for their smallest production numbers, the 1/2000 SDF-1 and Regult). Yamato was a small toy company with very few licenses; it was either make a new Macross toys or don't have revenue for them. That was why they were so quick to do reissues and unafraid of saturating the market. Bandai, on the other hand, is a very different beast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Got-damnit if we’re all holed up in the house at least give us some POs! That is all.

Then who is going to assemble the product after the pre-orders are correlated? Everything is crawling at a snails pace until the virus is completely over then it's back to normal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, borgified said:

Then who is going to assemble the product after the pre-orders are correlated? Everything is crawling at a snails pace until the virus is completely over then it's back to normal.  

Yeahhhh, I know. Though I don’t like it ha. But maybe a PO would give indication of needed production numbers? :search:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...