Jump to content
no3Ljm

Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

Recommended Posts

Since this is now official, let's make a dedicated thread for M&M. ^_^

 

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie [Millia] 
August 2017
Price: TBD

NJZvRAe.jpg

tsL56ln.jpg

 

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie [Max] 
December 2017
Price: TBD

lGBLxEJ.jpg

GzsJZ6A.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I want premium white parts.

Me too. That's what I like from the Hi-Metal R. Wish it was like that here. ;) 

Hmmm... since this will be bought in MSRP rather than the aftermarket price, I think it's ok to paint it with white. ^_^ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im surprised it took this long for a dedicated M&M re-issue thread to pop up! nice one Noel! 

Looking at the wings in particular, by the looks of it in those photos there is a decent amount of tampo already on it so maybe it will be released as a premium edition only perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely interested in these two. Hopefully the price will be trying to be competitive with the KO's that were popping up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully it would be around the same as the Hikaru VF-1S, for the premium version probably sold out faster than it could...

I will stick to non premium.... hehe:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the option part body covers will be cast in red/blue as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow. I invested in the HMR M&M because I didn't think this would happen and I wasn't prepared to spank half a mortgage payment to complete my set! 

I will definitely be in for a Millia. 

Are those dates release dates or pre-order dates? I'm guessing release....?

Edited by Moosey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping the super parts would be the same color as the aircraft, but I'll live.

 

Milia Super VF1J.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

release.  Supposedly next week (or later this week) for Milia preorder according to one of arcadia's blog posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spanner said:

im surprised it took this long for a dedicated M&M re-issue thread to pop up! nice one Noel! 

Looking at the wings in particular, by the looks of it in those photos there is a decent amount of tampo already on it so maybe it will be released as a premium edition only perhaps?

You're welcome Spanner. Just don't get deceive on those promo pics. Remember both Hikaru releases have the same 'decal-ed' photos. ;) 

2 hours ago, Moosey said:

Wow. I invested in the HMR M&M because I didn't think this would happen and I wasn't prepared to spank half a mortgage payment to complete my set! 

I will definitely be in for a Millia. 

Are those dates release dates or pre-order dates? I'm guessing release....?

Release date.

2 hours ago, Zx31 said:

Was hoping the super parts would be the same color as the aircraft, but I'll live.

Milia Super VF1J.JPG

Is this  from the SDF series? So that's where Hi-Metal R got the white booster and white paint on the leg armors. Nice.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Since this is now official, let's make a dedicated thread for M&M. ^_^

Hmmm... M&Ms :yahoo:

Since I skipped out from Yamato's original release, I quest I could pick up these now, but it will be at a higher premium of course. When Yamato stop producing Valks in the 1/48 scale, for a while I refuse to pickup the new V2 1/60 scale, so I missed out on a lot of valks.

1/48 scale shall forever live in my heart :cray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any 1Js and this would be a mighty fine way to add a pair to my collection. I wonder how much of a treat these will be to get my hands on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Is this  from the SDF series? So that's where Hi-Metal R got the white booster and white paint on the leg armors. Nice.

Yeah, as far as I know that's was the only appearance. Not sure when the blue/grey boosters became the standard for them.

Edited by Zx31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... Is it just me, or does it look like Yamato/Arcadia's color scheme for the fast pack does not fully match any of these reference shots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right, forgot about the other scenes. Couldn't find them when I was scanning episodes earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the releases are even split to reduce wallet shock thank god

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Duymon said:

the releases are even split to reduce wallet shock thank god

God can you imagine the suffering having to order these both at once? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Wow!!! I am definitely getting both. I like the color saturation Arcadia is going with and I hope they turn out good. I never had a chance to get the Yamato 1/60 M&M so this is awesome news. And as long as the super parts look good I am ok with them not matching the series 100%. The color on the super parts changes so much I feel going by the movie is better. It would be nice if there was a record of when the show was being drawn and there where notes on what the super parts were supposed to look like.

Looks like I am getting more VF-1s than VF-31s this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I'm also glad the releases are spaced out. Makes it easier to get 2x of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:wub: This will be a lifelong dream for me come true. Seems like Arcadia is sticking with the premium option but I'm curious how it will go with these. I don't care too much but if it's not too much more, I might bite. Also curious what finish the KOs will come in. Basically, my main delima is how many of what types of these sets I'm going to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

Hmmm... M&Ms :yahoo:

Since I skipped out from Yamato's original release, I quest I could pick up these now, but it will be at a higher premium of course. When Yamato stop producing Valks in the 1/48 scale, for a while I refuse to pickup the new V2 1/60 scale, so I missed out on a lot of valks.

1/48 scale shall forever live in my heart :cray:

I love the 1/48 line as well and never picked up any 1/60 VF-1's. If these are going to cost 250-300 I may just get more 1/48's lol

I can't make up my mind. Someone convince me to buy one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

The parts change color quite a lot in the TV series. ;)

Wow! Didn't realize they chage the color more often. Now we can stop blaming Bandai and Arcadia for their colors. ;) And I can undestand now why these two are more saturated because space add a little dullness to the color. But for me, I rather go with the HMR Super Packs color combo. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

the releases are even split to reduce wallet shock thank god

52 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

God can you imagine the suffering having to order these both at once? 

C'mon, you guys already know that even if they're going to get released the same month we will still preorder both. With budget or not. I mean, are we going to let this chance pass us by again? Hahaha! :lol: 

42 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Oh Wow!!! I am definitely getting both. I like the color saturation Arcadia is going with and I hope they turn out good. I never had a chance to get the Yamato 1/60 M&M so this is awesome news. And as long as the super parts look good I am ok with them not matching the series 100%. The color on the super parts changes so much I feel going by the movie is better. It would be nice if there was a record of when the show was being drawn and there where notes on what the super parts were supposed to look like.

Looks like I am getting more VF-1s than VF-31s this year. 

VF-1s rule! ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, an M&M release that I can probably get before they instantly sell out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad they're doing this for everyone that's never had a chance to get the pair.  Not sure if I'll join in though considering my original 1/48 pair cost a total of 19,800 in 2009!  I just can't justify the cost difference in a smaller scale.  However if a VF-1D shows up I'll probably bite down and just deal with it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

58ed1cbd20362_MM1JTV01.thumb.JPG.73bea8053ca32ca28eec4e65c1e14a1f.JPG

 

The wings on these releases look nothing like this screenshot and do not have a kite logo on the underside. Preorder cancelled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZorClone said:

I'm glad they're doing this for everyone that's never had a chance to get the pair.  Not sure if I'll join in though considering my original 1/48 pair cost a total of 19,800 in 2009!  I just can't justify the cost difference in a smaller scale.  However if a VF-1D shows up I'll probably bite down and just deal with it.

I have some 1/48's and all of the Yamato v2's. I love the 1/48's and will never get rid of them, but damn are the v2's such an overall improvement. I like the Fighter mode the best on the 1/48's but feel the nose cone is a bit too long in Battroid mode and the Gerwalk mode imo is not as good as the v2's. Also the V2's dont suffer from the arm droop in fighter mode and the Super parts are easier to attach/remove imo. To each their own, but once I got the v2 in hand I was corrupted and went full on v2 mode.

I kept the 1/48 Armor sets in the 3 color schemes they came in with appropriate valks , the Super stealth and the low vis v1. I think I'm OK with just keeping those as Yamato never redid the Super Stealth, low vis v1 and v2. They also never revisited the Urban Camo and Woodland Camo. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finally !!!! I will buy both on premium !!!

Thank You Arcadia !!!!

Edited by Isamu-7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

The wings on these releases look nothing like this screenshot and do not have a kite logo on the underside. Preorder cancelled!

LoL! If Arcadia put the tampo printing on the bottom of the wings, and used those colors for the super parts (which appear darker for Milia's 1J than they do for Max's 1J due to the lighting) then there would be chaos on the forum. And knowing myself, I would still buy them. :p;)

Edited by technoblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max and Milia are 2 of my favorite characters.  I'll get a set of premium versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they're doing this - hope springs eternal for an Elintseeker rerelease.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully next we will yes the Elintseeker rerelease. I can't see Arcadia releasing another VF with their current schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×