BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Thanks for the mental pictures Renato. it's better than nothing.

Hi-metal VF-2SS looks better than RT's 1/60 scale? hmm, interesting.

The HMR may have the benefit of being a partsformer so it's not too surprising. If it's perfect transformation than yeah, that's pretty impressive.

Good point. It'll be interesting to see if they go for more 7 stuff. 21/22 would be more likely than.

I'm all in for a new 21/22. Missed out on both when Yamato first released them, I'll be prepared this time if Bandai takes a crack at it!

The HMR may have the benefit of being a partsformer so it's not too surprising. If it's perfect transformation than yeah, that's pretty impressive.

Yeah, I'm just going with the all HMR are parts-former until stated otherwise route. Honestly, i would feel uncomfortable if it's a fully transformable valk at that scale. It'll probably blow up in your hands during transformation.

If Bandai release a 1/60 VF-19S or F worth the same quality as their VF-19Advance, I'll be all over multiples of that.

If they can get the color right, I'd be all for it, but the blue they used on the Hi-Metal VF-19S was atrocious.

I'd be interested to see a more slim fighter-focused version of the VF-19s though. Now if only Bandai was a fan of doing low-vis schemes..

(and if they could fix that bulgy gullet panel, I'd be incredibly happy)

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

i sold off all my extra copies of the advance save one. i hope yf-19 isn't just a repaint without anything else.

or.......

maybe they will do an arm cannon :hail:

.... i think the hard points on the wings tell us the repaint may come with the huge payload.

Wasn't the 19 ADVANCE specifically designed to resemble the YF-19 as much as possible? If so, it wouldn't be at all surprising that they reused the same mold. It's the exact same frame.

That being said, it's kind of impossible to do a perfectly anime accurate, transforming YF-19 anyway, not without parts-swapping to the point of redundancy, anyway. You would require two completely different pairs of legs alone.

I think the expectation would be the YF19 will be the same toy with a different canopy and cockpit, like the Nightmare 171 cannon fodder tweaking of the 171EX toy. Other than that I'd just expect different paint and accessories.

agreed

I think the expectation would be the YF19 will be the same toy with a different canopy and cockpit, like the Nightmare 171 cannon fodder tweaking of the 171EX toy. Other than that I'd just expect different paint and accessories.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored the different cockpit, and I don't think it would even really bother me. The clunky way the canopy has to interact with the anti-glare panel on the upper nose always makes it a pain to open anyway.

I really do hope they include some missiles this time in place of the boosters though. Though, knowing Bandai, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they leave out the fast packs entirely this time, and release a set with added missiles later on (though I don't expect they'll try anything nearly as extensive as Arcadia.. we'll probably be lucky to get one missile per hardpoint).

Might be hoping too much, but I'm also hoping they re-design the leg packs to actually mount in the correct position so they attach to the wing gloves this time. The half-done attachment on the Advance just looks lazy.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored the different cockpit, and I don't think it would even really bother me. The clunky way the canopy has to interact with the anti-glare panel on the upper nose always makes it a pain to open anyway.

I really do hope they include some missiles this time in place of the boosters though. Though, knowing Bandai, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they leave out the fast packs entirely this time, and release a set with added missiles later on (though I don't expect they'll try anything nearly as extensive as Arcadia.. we'll probably be lucky to get one missile per hardpoint).

Might be hoping too much, but I'm also hoping they re-design the leg packs to actually mount in the correct position so they attach to the wing gloves this time. The half-done attachment on the Advance just looks lazy.

I completely agree on the canopy though I'd like it to have 2 seats so we could still throw Yang in there.

I honestly love the idea of Tamashii exclusive fast packs, fold drive, and missiles. I think lots of folks don't want those so it'd be nice to not have to buy them and instead bring down the price of the base toy.

If they release this and overlook the wings not tabbing in with fast packs installed I would have to skip this one. I can't get over the fact they missed that on the 19 Advance release. I feel like that would be inexcusable at this point.

Guest davidwhangchoi

If they release this and overlook the wings not tabbing in with fast packs installed I would have to skip this one. I can't get over the fact they missed that on the 19 Advance release. I feel like that would be inexcusable at this point.

they'll just photoshop the box again.

Nah, they just will make you buy fast packs separately so you won't know that they've corrected this until it's too late!

Edit - In all seriousness though, I find it very unlikely they will fix this as it didn't seem like an easy fix.

Edited by jenius

I'm with you. As much as that little detail annoys the crap out of me, I honestly don't know how they'd have addressed it any differently. My main gripe is that it looks like they doctored the image to make it look cleaner than it really is. Show the silly thing like it is and I'd have been much more forgiving.

I completely agree on the canopy though I'd like it to have 2 seats so we could still throw Yang in there.

I honestly love the idea of Tamashii exclusive fast packs, fold drive, and missiles. I think lots of folks don't want those so it'd be nice to not have to buy them and instead bring down the price of the base toy.

Double seater version of the 19 would be nice! Didn't check the lineart, but does the single seater yf19 have much of a profile difference compared to the double?

I do hope they put in leg missiles and arm cannons and fold boosters, that would be da boss!

It's exactly the same, the YF19 is convertible from 1 to 2 seats, that's how Yang takes a ride with is Isamu in Mac+.

cool, hope bandai does something nice with the 19...

If they include yang with flipboard/laptop connected to the 19 (like diagnosing), wow i would be seriously impressed.

• 3 months later...

is it safe to assume most of these are vaporwares?...well except for YF-19 & VF-19, which they can prolly churn out of the 19-Adv molds.

Bandai DX YF-19? Not necessarily but all of Bandai's attention (Macross related) is currently on Hi-M R and Delta.

-b.

Yeah, I'd take it more as a "Look at all the things we could do!" than "These toys are planned on being released!". I'd guess a lot of this hinges on the success of Delta. If Delta lights a fire, there's a chance we'll see all this cool stuff. If Delta flops, most of this stuff becomes vaporware.

I love Macross Plus and the YF-19 design. But as much as I think that Bandai did a stellar job with the VF-19 Advance, I don't think I can justify to myself spending the money to buy the Macross Plus YF-19 if Bandai releases it.

I mean, it's gonna be almost exactly the same color scheme and design as the VF-19 Advance, just with the SMS logo changed to the UN Spacy emblem and the red head arrows added.

Yeah, it will be nice if they include wing missiles, a Fold Booster, and a Yang figure, but even then I'm not sure I can justify the expense for something so similar.

For me the VF-19 Advance is already a good enough YF-19 surrogate.

However, adding the arm weapon might be the one thing that sways me to buy the YF-19 though.

Graham

There's not really anything they could add to their 19 to make me buy it. I have the Arcadia YF-19 and the Advance, which is so close to it that I'm fulfilled, and would rather put the money towards the Delta valks, or anything else new. I'd love to see their take on the VF-4, actually, esp if they articulated the shoulders.

I'd love to see a DX YF-21, esp if they could find a better compromise between battroid and fighter. Although the Yamato -21 has a gorgeous fighter mode, I display my valks in battroid, and between the skinny legs and small feet, it doesn't balance well, and doesn't really look good compared to the far better proportioned YF-19.

The idea of Bandai doing a VF-2ss is intriguing.

Bandai should forego the YF-19 -- Arcadia's done it already and is about to pop out a re-release -- and produce a VF-19A Ravens instead; drop the Frontier Boosters (maybe keep the fast pack bits) and add some ordnance for the wing hard-points to spice things up, and perhaps the fold booster. Since the argument could be made that the VF-19Adv is just the VF-19A with upgraded avionics to allow it to utilize the VF-25's boosters and personalized to Isamu's specks, there would be no need to make any changes to existing tooling, or create new ones... no split canopy like the prototype. I know I'd buy one if they made it (the only Ravens 19A in toy form to date is the old, craptastic, 1/72 Yamato); an Alpha One by Bandai would be an easy skip for me.

Bandai should forego the YF-19 -- Arcadia's done it already and is about to pop out a re-release -- and produce a VF-19A Ravens instead; drop the Frontier Boosters (maybe keep the fast pack bits) and add some ordnance for the wing hard-points to spice things up, and perhaps the fold booster. Since the argument could be made that the VF-19Adv is just the VF-19A with upgraded avionics to allow it to utilize the VF-25's boosters and personalized to Isamu's specks, there would be no need to make any changes to existing tooling, or create new ones... no split canopy like the prototype. I know I'd buy one if they made it (the only Ravens 19A in toy form to date is the old, craptastic, 1/72 Yamato); an Alpha One by Bandai would be an easy skip for me.

You forgot the exclusive Ravens from GN-U Dou line. ;)