Jump to content

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

35700 shipped for me. They better deliver on it too, since they required payment upfront. 

And here I thought I could get through a whole month without having to pay for a single preorder. 

For that price, they'd better deliver! :blink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I wouldn't deal with them at all. There was a great post on MFC which detailed how potentially bad they can be. I had a relatively small issue and they had an attitude. There are always other options.

 

On other subjects though, are there any good Mirage military themed posters with her and the VF-31C? Kind of like that poster behind Hikaru in DYRL.

MFC?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I don't see the vf-31j Kai listing on cdjapan? Did they take it down?

Yes, they took down the page earlier this evening. I was wondering why it was gone, then saw Graham's post about the cancellation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the 31E radome looks like a Tortilla folded underneath....maybe there is some mexican influence haha...At the end i hope kawamori-san is not saying he isnt doing macross anymore, i got the hint he wants to also launch his NEXT series...

I am looking forward for to a VF-33 so pls continue making macross kawamori-san!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UUUrrrgh, I can't decide. Should I get the Kairos or the new Arcadia Garland???? They cost about the same and I can't possibly afford to get both. :(

Edited by zzj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, zzj said:

UUUrrrgh, I can't decide. Should I get the Kairos or the new Arcadia Garland???? They cost about the same and I can't possibly afford to get both. :(

not even a competition. Kairos all the way (though people in the Garland thread will feel differently;))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, zzj said:

UUUrrrgh, I can't decide. Should I get the Kairos or the new Arcadia Garland???? They cost about the same and I can't possibly afford to get both. :(

Kairos! Kinda biased since this is the VF-31 thread but the Arcadia probably won't be as hard to find as this since this won't be getting a reissue. Not sure about popularity of the Garland as I have no clue about the series from which it's from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, zzj said:

UUUrrrgh, I can't decide. Should I get the Kairos or the new Arcadia Garland???? They cost about the same and I can't possibly afford to get both. :(

kairos :D but just because i think the garland is relatively small compared to a kairos..

really depends on your preference for transforming bikes or aircraft ...

Edited by seti88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

For those who order from CDJ, at which part of the process can I find the "pay later" option?

pay with Credit card and not Paypal. by doing so, it will send a credit card authorization instead of charging the amount (the amount will be deducted to your card's available balance but will not be part of the billed transactions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I'm really late to the game here. I'm glad the 31A is a web exclusive so I didn't miss out on it, but wtf is the deal with the 31J Kai? That makes no sense whatsoever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

pay with Credit card and not Paypal. by doing so, it will send a credit card authorization instead of charging the amount (the amount will be deducted to your card's available balance but will not be part of the billed transactions)

Thank you! I thought it was like NY where we have to choose the option separately.

 

In other news my local retailer has the 31J Kai for Po at $330. :blink:

Edited by eXis10z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

From now on, I will wrap all my opponents with tortillas. Words to live by.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, seti88 said:

kairos :D but just because i think the garland is relatively small compared to a kairos..

really depends on your preference for transforming bikes or aircraft ...

I have 2 of each vf-31/j/f/c, although I agree the kairos is sexy as heck and has a different wing profile, but they are essentially the same mold. The attraction of the garland is more because it’s different...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like ur already halfway to getting Valks from delta, so get the kairos to complete. But of course you may not want it if u are just focused on the delta squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like this Ordering process is not working that well

【Notice】 
In response to the continuing situation in which access to premium Bandai is continuing, we will suspend all new purchase requests for "Commemorative Items" held for "Soul Nation 2017". 
As for future correspondence, we will announce you again in the soul web from tomorrow. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s what happens when you get fancy with your ordering schemes.

Like making money? How about just make it widely available to everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, F360 said:

Looks like this Ordering process is not working that well

【Notice】 
In response to the continuing situation in which access to premium Bandai is continuing, we will suspend all new purchase requests for "Commemorative Items" held for "Soul Nation 2017". 
As for future correspondence, we will announce you again in the soul web from tomorrow. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Is this note from P-Bandai?

Yeah, hope they just put it out there and not do this kind of thing. Not healthy at all. <_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That’s what happens when you get fancy with your ordering schemes.

Like making money? How about just make it widely available to everyone?

I agree!!  I have a bunch of money you can have, just make it a public release and you will have more of my money.

Edited by Saburo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Is this note from P-Bandai?

Yeah, hope they just put it out there and not do this kind of thing. Not healthy at all. <_<

 

Yeah , the site was diwn this morning too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, F360 said:

Looks like this Ordering process is not working that well

【Notice】 
In response to the continuing situation in which access to premium Bandai is continuing, we will suspend all new purchase requests for "Commemorative Items" held for "Soul Nation 2017". 
As for future correspondence, we will announce you again in the soul web from tomorrow. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't understand, what's going on with this thing now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making things super exclusive and hard to get always works out well. Just ask McDonald's about their szechuan sauce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It means that the Japanese residents are bitching about the tamashii exclusive items as well. Hopefully, this will lead to them re-assessing the order system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like maybe just make it a web-exclusive because it's clearly a popular item?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it is clearly popular here, as a 100% subset of people who like Macross, I don't think anyone except marketing and finance at Bandai can say exactly what the demand is for a certain product. Businesses are designed to make money, so if releasing it any other way was more profitable then that's most likely what they would have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I don't understand, what's going on with this thing now?

The demand for the item is too high for P-bandai to handle.  They are suppending preorders for now , hopefully they can work out a better solution .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, F360 said:

The demand for the item is too high for P-bandai to handle.  They are suppending preorders for now , hopefully they can work out a better solution .

Are we talking about the 31J Kai or the 31a here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Are we talking about the 31J Kai or the 31a here?

Its for the 31j Kai and other Soul Nation 2017 event items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Looks like ur already halfway to getting Valks from delta, so get the kairos to complete. But of course you may not want it if u are just focused on the delta squad.

That’s a really compelling argument, I can hear my wallet groaning already....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zx31 said:

While it is clearly popular here, as a 100% subset of people who like Macross, I don't think anyone except marketing and finance at Bandai can say exactly what the demand is for a certain product. Businesses are designed to make money, so if releasing it any other way was more profitable then that's most likely what they would have done.

Exactly. Any one even not in the business can tell you that selling 5k of your product is more profitable than only selling 1k which based on randomly selected buyer from your entire customer pool.

 

Now if the Kai isn't a lottery draw, the likelihood of me buying one goes up to 80%, despite my wallet's protest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, it's kind of stupidly simple math.. Assuming the limited numbers they were planning to produce would have turned a profit, they're already past meeting the base costs of production.  Any further sales should only increase that profit margin.

I don't know where this whole exclusivity mentality is from, but it's toxic to the market in so many ways.  These aren't Ferraris, or some multi-thousand dollar piece of celebrity contracted jewelry here. They're freakin' toy airplanes that turn into robots.  Bandai needs to stop acting like owning them is some sort of status symbol. <_<

If they put the Kai release out on the normal web exclusive site, I'll absolutely buy one, maybe even two, but all this lottery BS is accomplishing is dragging their reputation through the mud, and pushing the raging fanbase to turn their website into a dumpster fire over their misjudgment of demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I mean, it's kind of stupidly simple math.. Assuming the limited numbers they were planning to produce would have turned a profit, they're already past meeting the base costs of production.  Any further sales should only increase that profit margin.

I don't know where this whole exclusivity mentality is from, but it's toxic to the market in so many ways.  These aren't Ferraris, or some multi-thousand dollar piece of celebrity contracted jewelry here. They're freakin' toy airplanes that turn into robots.  Bandai needs to stop acting like owning them is some sort of status symbol. <_<

If they put the Kai release out on the normal web exclusive site, I'll absolutely buy one, maybe even two, but all this lottery BS is accomplishing is dragging their reputation through the mud, and pushing the raging fanbase to turn their website into a dumpster fire over their misjudgment of demand.

So much rage. ;)

I don't think Bandai's reputation will get affected by this... well, because we're still here. We're still continuing buying their stuff. But, unless ofcourse we boycott their stuff. Right? :lol: 

Kidding aside, I'm upset too but it is what it is. They're the ones who's doing this and we don't have control over them. It's how they want to run this gimmick. :unsure: If ever I don't get a chance of owning that 31J Kai, I'll probably just sell my extra 31J with Super Parts. It's the reason why I bought them in the first place. <_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...