As I keep looking at the display pics on the VF-31A in fighter mode I can't help but thinking the vertical stabilizers aren't quite right. Could be a product of the sloppy transformation that's been noted but they look too straight. On other VF-31s including my 31F they are canted inward just a bit (in amusing contrast to the YF-30 which although not fixed like the 31 stabilizers are meant to be canted outward in fighter mode). Is it perhaps due to the fact the 31A has a delta wing instead of the forward swept wing? I only ever saw that the only mechanical difference due to that was the larger canard.

6 hours ago, IXTL said:

Don't be fooled. The VF-31J Kai will not be a regular Tamashii Webshop exclusive like the Kairos. The Kai will be available through the webstore via a lottery sale. Tamashii members will have to be selected by lottery in order to be able to buy the figure.

It will likely not be as readily available and the price will be higher than what is being offered for the Kairos.

Still I have hope to get one, the only reason I'm trying to get it is cause I'm still missing Hayate in my collection of VF-31's, so thing is if I'm willing to pay the high amount for the normal version so why not to try and catch the special one :D , will see how it goes, wish me luck. 

it did annoy me quite a bit that they chose to make the other Hayate version next to impossible for the greater majority of us to acquire but with the announcement of the VF-31A has more than made up for it. And I feel strongly enough about it that I'm more than content on missing out on the other Hayate version and get the VF-31A.

So take that Macross! you haven't broken me yet..

7 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Hey everyone!  Well....Could not resist the Kairos....Sucks to have to pay right away, then wait so long....But it's a beauty....Just had to get one (;_;). 

On a different note.... I preordered the Hi-Metal R 35th Anniversary ver from NY. My order has been 'On preparation' or whatever since the 28th September when it got released.....But they still haven't shipped it?? Wrote to them twice, twice same answer " sure, we'll let the warehouse people know...." And nothing....

I'm loosing patience, when I was 8 Hours late paying another preorder, they cancelled it. The release date of that item was then pushed back 2 extra months right away (so really I wasn't late!).Yet ,they refused to put it back in my list of orders. (More $$$ for them obviously)

Anyone experiencing delays with them lately?

I ordered the Mirage 31 more than 2 weeks ago and it hasn't shipped yet. I got the same bullshit warehouse excuse and some 'unexpected large volume of orders' twist. They can be extremely slow sometimes so just wait a little longer.

Edited by neoexcaliber

10 hours ago, recon said:

Maybe thats cos CFs are released at a fixed quantity for the fear of overstocking while hero valks are released in masses. 

I doubt there would be overstocking fears for the 31A, granted the demand of it seems quite strong. (as attested by both tomytec/hasegawa 31A kits being sold out)

55 minutes ago, spanner said:

it did annoy me quite a bit that they chose to make the other Hayate version next to impossible for the greater majority of us to acquire but with the announcement of the VF-31A has more than made up for it. And I feel strongly enough about it that I'm more than content on missing out on the other Hayate version and get the VF-31A.

So take that Macross! you haven't broken me yet..

M kinda relieved the J kai is difficult to get, so i wont have to choose between the J Kai or the A. :p

Yikes, dont dare bandai else they will release everything macross via p-bandai:vava:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Whut?! No idea they had it at CDJ and its gone!

Yeah it looks like me and Graham jumped on Las Vegas Dad's post.  

Was not expecting it, and fought a 10 second urge not to buy, but I am weak and caved lol.  

Edited by Vortech

11 minutes ago, Vortech said:

Yeah it looks like me and Graham jumped on Las Vegas Dad's post.  

Was not expecting it, and fought a 10 second urge not to buy, but I am weak and caved lol.  

Odd thing is I was on it right when that was posted. Your browser power must've been better than mine. Congrats! Man I want one of those. :)

18 minutes ago, Graham said:

Yeah, the VF-31A Kairos and VF-31J Kai really came out of nowhere suddenly, no prior announcements or anything.

My wallet is gonna need a long, long time to recover :(

How much did CDJ charge you to ship to Hong Kong? Wondering how close the prices are compared to local preorder prices.

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Man, I want a VF-31J Kai :( Bummed I missed it at CDJ, I wouldn't have thought twice about that price.

Yeah, instabuy at that price or even a few thousand yen more. Especially when they have the pay later option too. Hope it shows up some more and we can all get one. 

Edited by Slave IV

21 minutes ago, Las Vegas Dad said:

I didn't order one, just saw the listing as I was browsing & thought I'd put it up here for any takers. Glad you guys jumped on it. I did order the Kairos & that's about my budget for the month. 

no worries, as long as you are happy with what ya got ^_^

I would admit i would have had a struggle to decide if i wanted it if i saw your post beforehand, as that seems more like the actial p-bandai price...

They better not announce the VF-31S and VF-31E in the next couple of months as pay now exclusives, as my  wallet really can't take any more.........hahaha

It's already going to be difficult enough explaining to my wife and son why they are NOT getting any Christmas presents this year :p

2 hours ago, Vortech said:

Sigh, didn't even want the 31J kai, but at the cd Japan price couldn't pass it up.

Turning out to be a really unexpected pricey month.  Ordered 3 VF-31A's when they went up, and was contemplating 2 more.

This site is turning out to be dangerous.

Let me ease your pain, sir. You can buy one more VF-31A with my payment for your VF-31J Kai. What do you say? ;)

13 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Hey everyone!  Well....Could not resist the Kairos....Sucks to have to pay right away, then wait so long....But it's a beauty....Just had to get one (;_;). 

On a different note.... I preordered the Hi-Metal R 35th Anniversary ver from NY. My order has been 'On preparation' or whatever since the 28th September when it got released.....But they still haven't shipped it?? Wrote to them twice, twice same answer " sure, we'll let the warehouse people know...." And nothing....

I'm loosing patience, when I was 8 Hours late paying another preorder, they cancelled it. The release date of that item was then pushed back 2 extra months right away (so really I wasn't late!).Yet ,they refused to put it back in my list of orders. (More $$$ for them obviously)

Anyone experiencing delays with them lately?

I wouldn't deal with them at all. There was a great post on MFC which detailed how potentially bad they can be. I had a relatively small issue and they had an attitude. There are always other options.

On other subjects though, are there any good Mirage military themed posters with her and the VF-31C? Kind of like that poster behind Hikaru in DYRL.