5 minutes ago, borgified said:

I take it that you paid a hefty sum for Arad and Mirage @DYRL VF-1S as they're commanding a pretty price right now. 

The only affordable one is Messer's (both the regular and the Movie release version). 

Yuuuup.... and ouch!  Got pretty decent prices for 31F and 31J.  Not too much of a markup for either.  And I went with regular for Messer.  After you mentioned in another thread that 31C was one of your favorite...I was like to hell with it and just went all in.

Do you want a Kaname co-pilot figure and the little multi-drone accessories? Then you want the TV version. If you want another Hayate pilot instead of Kaname and don't care about the drones, get the movie version. If you want to install lil drakens you got for the SV-262 on one of your VF-31 toys, get the movie version. In all other respects they are the same.

6 minutes ago, Wally said:

Requesting some advice. I need Messer to complete Delta Squadron. Should I get the movie version or the original release? I do have the -31F Lil Draken set already. TIA. 

IIRC movie version comes with a helmetless Hayate and the Lil'Draken clips, whereas the non-movie version comes with a Walkure (I forget even who) figure for the back seat. Everything else is the same.

edit: Apparently movie vers doesn't come with the little drone chiclets either.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

7 minutes ago, Wally said:

Requesting some advice. I need Messer to complete Delta Squadron. Should I get the movie version or the original release? I do have the -31F Lil Draken set already. TIA. 

The main difference with Movie version is you get an Hayate instead of Kaname as the extra Pilot and you get the adapters for Lil Drakens. And the Box art. So, it mainly comes down to which extra pilot you want. I'd personally go with the original version if I had to choose but I have both.

Edited by Slave IV

Found another Chuck 31e review which was uploaded two days ago. 

@rdrunner -  Close to what you expected as you can get a grasp of Mandarin? 

I doubt that there is going to be one in Cantonese (however I can be wrong. Toys TV HK might make one if they can get a copy of Chuck).

47 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Have the Chuck supers been offered up for sale yet?

Chuck's 31e just got released and Arad's Silpheed Armour is next week. 

Chuck's Supers has not be advertised yet, as some time next year (or might be of this year depending in Bandai's schedule). 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Chuck's 31e just got released and Arad's Silpheed Armour is next week.

Next week? I keep seeing "late August" everywhere I look, so sooner than that would be great.

Edited by Anasazi37

So I managed to snag the one VF-31 I wanted - the 31C, Mirage’s sweet magenta ride - and I am seriously digging the looks of it in plane and gerwalk modes. I like the feel of the figure too; the only other DX I have is a v2 VF25 and while I really like that it is a little more awkward to transform and pose (trying to sandwich everything together to get the torso solid in particular, though once I get it all lined up right it seems solid enough), and feels a bit unbalanced (heavy legs, light torso).

Anyways, battroid  mode on the 31 feels off for me. I’ve checked videos and instructions and it doesn’t seem like I’m doing anything wrong, but, is there some kind of trick to getting the whole thing to stay together and be able to stand up?

There’s clips in the front where the cockpit collapses on top of itself, and the sort of hinged pegs in the back where you fold down the top of the plane / wings, but there’s so much hanging off of the back I either have to stand it awkwardly leaning forwards or put it up against the back of a shelf. 

Am I missing something that makes it so it can stand on its own?

13 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Next week? I keep seeing "late August" everywhere I look, so sooner than that would be great.

I think I jumped the gun too quick on that one though.

It's actually the last week of August, first week of September (unless Bandai decides to pull a rabbit out from the hat). 

Edit: Brain fry moment... 

Edited by borgified

On 7/28/2019 at 12:41 AM, jeniusornome said:

So I managed to snag the one VF-31 I wanted - the 31C, Mirage’s sweet magenta ride - and I am seriously digging the looks of it in plane and gerwalk modes. I like the feel of the figure too; the only other DX I have is a v2 VF25 and while I really like that it is a little more awkward to transform and pose (trying to sandwich everything together to get the torso solid in particular, though once I get it all lined up right it seems solid enough), and feels a bit unbalanced (heavy legs, light torso).

Anyways, battroid  mode on the 31 feels off for me. I’ve checked videos and instructions and it doesn’t seem like I’m doing anything wrong, but, is there some kind of trick to getting the whole thing to stay together and be able to stand up?

There’s clips in the front where the cockpit collapses on top of itself, and the sort of hinged pegs in the back where you fold down the top of the plane / wings, but there’s so much hanging off of the back I either have to stand it awkwardly leaning forwards or put it up against the back of a shelf. 

Strange.  I had my VF-31(s) standing with super packs equipped for months without an issue.  No balance issue.  Checkout the transformation videos on Anymoon to see if you missed anything.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:41 PM, jeniusornome said:

You are missing some pics relating to your issue . 

@F360 @Darth Mingus got it sorted out. Was going to post pictures, but had to transform it back to Battroid first. As I was doing it I found I hadn't pulled the shoulders out far enough, so I couldn't lower the back piece behind the head to get it locked into place completely properly.

Now it just looks back heavy, with the wings folded back, but it stands just fine. For anyone just picking up one of these for the first time, the pictures in the instructions are pretty good, a transformation video online is even better, but make sure you're pulling those shoulders out to give the top part of the fighter the clearance it needs to fold for battroid.

I love the fighter mode on the 31, and nearly everything else about it, except for dat backpack. But, the 25's design was the same way, I guess that's the way they're doing them now.

6 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

@F360 @Darth Mingus got it sorted out. Was going to post pictures, but had to transform it back to Battroid first. As I was doing it I found I hadn't pulled the shoulders out far enough, so I couldn't lower the back piece behind the head to get it locked into place completely properly.

Now it just looks back heavy, with the wings folded back, but it stands just fine. For anyone just picking up one of these for the first time, the pictures in the instructions are pretty good, a transformation video online is even better, but make sure you're pulling those shoulders out to give the top part of the fighter the clearance it needs to fold for battroid.

I love the fighter mode on the 31, and nearly everything else about it, except for dat backpack. But, the 25's design was the same way, I guess that's the way they're doing them now.

Or as an option, you can keep the wings as is and not fold it to the back. It works perfectly if you're just going to display it standing since no movement will hit the wing panels. And you're saving some space. ;) 

Has anyone had the chance to disassemble or see the mechanism inside the knee joint of the 31? I seem to have a problem with my 31E wherein the left knee doesn't collapse completey all the way. There's like a 1mm gap between the upper and lower leg. I can't seem to figure out what's holding it back. I'm wondering if there was some excess plastic somewhere inside the sliding mechanism.

This is the first time any of my 31s have had this issue. It's minor but it does annoy the OC part of me because it's not symmetrical where it's supposed to be.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:05 PM, Saburo said:

Me too.

So this is a first for me. I got the shipping notice from NY for my Chuck but there's no info about tracking, it says I'll get another email 'soon' about tracking. It's now been two days and still no tracking info. I sent it via trackable air mail so this is bizarre. I figure the toy will be in my hands before I get any info from NY about it. Well, that'd be the best case scenario I guess.