Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

Looks like someone brought it .  But man it really shows how unwanted this item is for lasting that long at that price . 

I know right. Even I was thinking to my self "that's a good price. I should..." until I shaked my head clear of the stupid.

I have to admit the VF-2SS Nexx looks awesome on my shelf. But I do feel like slapping myself everything I think about the $400 AUD I spent on this thing. $200 maybe but $400?!?!? *insert crying emoji here*

I also shake my head in disbelief when I think about the tail fins on this thing. WTF were they thinking? How can anyone justify this thing!?!??!? 

15 hours ago, QEssential said:

I have to admit the VF-2SS Nexx looks awesome on my shelf. But I do feel like slapping myself everything I think about the $400 AUD I spent on this thing. $200 maybe but $400?!?!?

giphy.gif

I also shake my head in disbelief when I think about the tail fins on this thing. WTF were they thinking? How can anyone justify this thing!?!??!? 

There you go. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Nex set on ebay for $174 after ebay bucks earned. The matte plastic feels better, looks okay from top down perspective, and the extra tabs added helps hold the legs better in fighter.  The arms still hang loose and floppy though.

The plastic on the SAP feels cheap as hell, and the fact that they don't give you both gunpods kinda pisses me off.

Probably feeling mostly regret on this one, but at least I didn't pay anywhere near MSRP.  Being a VF-2SS fan is suffering...

8 hours ago, HG Blows said:

Got the Nex set on ebay for $174 after ebay bucks earned. The matte plastic feels better, looks okay from top down perspective, and the extra tabs added helps hold the legs better in fighter.  The arms still hang loose and floppy though.

The plastic on the SAP feels cheap as hell, and the fact that they don't give you both gunpods kinda pisses me off.

Probably feeling mostly regret on this one, but at least I didn't pay anywhere near MSRP.  Being a VF-2SS fan is suffering...

I feel you with the SAP armor, it does feel like really flimsy plastic. Good thing you didn't pay full price. Better to wait and see what Bandai's HMR line can offer.

I really love the VF-2SS design, especially with SAP, so I so wanted these toys to be good. But after being extremely frustrated and disappointed by the standalone Sylvie VF-2SS, there was no way I was going to spend money on the SAP versions.

I just hope the Bandai HMR doesn't turn out to be vaporwear.

Since I am not into "swooshing" my VF's around the house :rolleyes:....the toy does really well in doing what I need it to do....which is to simply display well.....the only difference with my other VF's is that I had to settle on one pose for fear of it breaking or coming apart from over-handling/multiple transformations....I went with gerwalk for my Faerie Squadron VF-2SS...

gallery_12176_633_26209.jpg

I have yet to open up the Nexx I was finally able to pick up on the cheap....think I'll go battroid for that one.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 6:33 AM, Convectuoso said:

Suddenly I remember that there was a Mecha called "Metal Siren" in Macross II, and I thought that it would have been an awesome toy. But then I googled it...

58cd1ae1288cc_descarga(1).jpg.ab12f85f484bab69105fcdb7ed3efa2f.jpg

...and it's awful!!! 

That's why they only ever showed it in quick shots and close-ups so the audience wouldn't realize what an abomination it was. :rolleyes:

Something about me likes the Battroid of the Metal Siren yet Fighter & Gerwalk modes.... not so much. The term a "Throw-away" design always comes to mind with this Valk. 

That said if ET made it as well the VF-2JA, my Visa card would slap me for buying them, :lol:

• 2 months later...

Sooo... Way back, there was some discussion about some members here making covers for the horrible metal bars in Fighter mode. Did those projects go anywhere? I would still be interested in buying something like that at least.

It seems to me that the metal siren has a cult following. I would love to see Bandai add it as part of the HM-R line of toys. Maybe if they release the HM-R VF-2SS, they can visit the metal siren's design. 

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, Lorindor said:

Sooo... Way back, there was some discussion about some members here making covers for the horrible metal bars in Fighter mode. Did those projects go anywhere? I would still be interested in buying something like that at least.

I think those plans faded away unfortunately, I would have bought 2 or 3 sets. 

@technoblue Fingers crossed with the HMR line making Valks from Macross II. VF-2SS+SAP, VF-2JA and sure why not, the Metal Siren. 

1 hour ago, Lorindor said:

Nope, it didn't.

SALE

Macross II Lovers Again: VF-2SS Valkyrie II with SAP Nexx Gilbert Custom

https://hlj.com/product/EVT57221/Act

Sale Price: ¥18,480
(List Price: ¥30,800 , You Save ¥12,320 )
Bonus Store Credit: ¥2,772

Macross II Lovers Again: VF-2SS Valkyrie II with SAP Faerie Squadron Limited

https://hlj.com/product/EVT57214/Act

Sale Price: ¥16,940

(List Price: ¥30,800 , You Save ¥13,860 )

Bonus Store Credit: ¥4,235

Edited by F360