DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Fantastic photos, Saburo! I love the colors of this 29!

Thank you abbadon, and I still need to take a pic of the 29 with the 30 for you. :D

Lovely pics Saburo. I was hearing the music from Firefox as I looked at them though.

I need help...

Thank you, glad you like them. Haha... I hear the opening song from DYRL as I open the boxes of my Valks, and various DYRL and Frontier songs as a swoosh them around. :lol:

I was going to take some pics of this next to my VF-1 Cavalier tonght, but ran out of time. Part of me wishes Bandai would have done this bird all in the darker blue color....talk about wicked.

Looking forward to seeing your pics. :D

@Saburo Haha! Thats called stubbornness! ;)

I like to think of it as single minded determination, kinda like a Terminator. ;):lol:

Edited by Saburo

Hi saburo your lighting throws a whole new dimension on the valks B)) Its inspiring me to photograph my purchases instead of just displaying em..

perhaps i need to invest in some strobes...additional wallet struggle of valks vs strobes ^_^

looking forward to more pics esp the upcoming arcadia vf-0a/s/reactive ..heheh...

Hi saburo your lighting throws a whole new dimension on the valks B)) Its inspiring me to photograph my purchases instead of just displaying em..

perhaps i need to invest in some strobes...additional wallet struggle of valks vs strobes ^_^

looking forward to more pics esp the upcoming arcadia vf-0a/s/reactive ..heheh...

Hi set88. One of the nice things about photographing you purchases you can always look at them, after you put them back into their boxes because you ran out of room to display them. ;) So you should photograph your purchases and post them up.

Strobes, nice! I don't have much room for a lot of lighting gear, so I have to get creative. :lol:

I can't wait to get the Arcadia 0A/0S and most definitely the Reactive Armor to photograph them.

No rush my friend. I'm just enjoying the cool pics just the same. B))

Hopefully, I have time so shoot them this weekend, I have some S.H.Monsterart figures a to photograph and I have work. :wacko: If not I'll get them done next weekend.

Edited by Saburo

While I was searching for it my brain was thinking of plans to get the cover replace. I am glad I was able to find it, if not I would have been pissed and wouldn't have been able to complete the shoot.

Here is the YF-29B photo drop, enjoy!

20049927691_9416af3747_h.jpg

20049925881_d1d75c8529_h.jpg

20049927291_17db4587b4_h.jpg

20036802992_dfdcf055ea_h.jpg

20036803332_8fef8bb638_h.jpg

20018332246_36f3efac37_h.jpg

19423631053_3a14bb2864_h.jpg

19421975524_e54f69969d_h.jpg

19856541118_8a73aef9b1_h.jpg

20044618155_fd12cd99a0_h.jpg

19423633623_9fd8cdb977_h.jpg

19421976834_6e18e9d627_h.jpg

19423632753_841df6c011_h.jpg

20049926371_6049095e91_h.jpg

19423632363_e5f0820ccc_h.jpg

Saburo Kato! I am regretting not getting this now. Awesome pictures!!! I love the pictures keep em coming.

Saburo Kato! I am regretting not getting this now. Awesome pictures!!! I love the pictures keep em coming.

Haha... referencing Yamato 2199.

Thanks VM. You can still find the 29B for sale at a reasonable price. It would look great your collection. :D;)

Edited by Saburo

Hey Saburo, are you going to re-shoot some of the other Valks you took shots with the reflective base with the carbon fibre?

Although many of your older shots are still awesome so it might be a good thing to just keep things mixed up a bit!

I like to think of it as single minded determination, kinda like a Terminator. ;):lol:

Oh and your new name should be Saburonator! ;):p:D

My 29B finally arrived in the mail yesterday. The most glowing review I can give is that it's another piece my Mother commented on (if she bothers to notice something on the shelf at all that's a surprise.) This one, she says, reminds her of the Airforce dress uniforms. This, the 0D and the VF-19F are the three she has commented on at all. Maybe she just has a thing for dark blue planes...

Its very much creative, your light falloff onto the valks and background are nicely done..thumbs up...

Thank you for the kind words seti88, I really appreciate it. :)

Hey Saburo, are you going to re-shoot some of the other Valks you took shots with the reflective base with the carbon fibre?

Although many of your older shots are still awesome so it might be a good thing to just keep things mixed up a bit!

Oh and your new name should be Saburonator! ;):p:D

That has been the question running through my mind, I would have to say yes I am planning on re-shooting all the Valks again with the CF base. That is partly why the coffee table book project is going to take a while. ;):D I have learned quite a bit since starting photography, I am still learning new things, refining the techniques and getting tips from others.

My 29B finally arrived in the mail yesterday. The most glowing review I can give is that it's another piece my Mother commented on (if she bothers to notice something on the shelf at all that's a surprise.) This one, she says, reminds her of the Airforce dress uniforms. This, the 0D and the VF-19F are the three she has commented on at all. Maybe she just has a thing for dark blue planes...

Nice! Maybe she likes robots in uniform (especially dark colored uniforms)? :p

Nice! Maybe she likes robots in uniform (especially dark colored uniforms)? :p

She only comments on them in fighter mode, except for the 0D which she found pretty impressive looking in Gerwalk as well. (Just FYI, she thinks the Figuarts Ashigaru Storm Trooper is a work of art.)

Edited by Mommar

She only comments on them in fighter mode, except for the 0D which she found pretty impressive looking in Gerwalk as well. (Just FYI, she thinks the Figuarts Ashigaru Storm Trooper is a work of art.)

Ah ok. sorry, that was my failed attempt to be funny. :unsure:

The Ashigaru Stormtrooper is really cool figure, your mom has great taste.

Here is an idea: Mommar's Mom's Mega Macross youtube reviews.

Mahalo wmkjr! I am trying figure out which one looks more sinister. 29 Durandal - Ozma ver or 29B Perceval - Rod ver.?

15287972409_9ad4b720c9_h.jpg

20049927691_9416af3747_h.jpg

I'd go with Rod's as well. ;) Great pics as always, Saburo!

I'd be happy if my mom would ever say anything positive about my toy collection. Every time she drops by and sees it, she always tells me that I shouldn't be spending my money on needless things... :(

Hahaha! I guess, my mom is also in league with your mom, ArchieNov. :lol:

Ah ok. sorry, that was my failed attempt to be funny. :unsure:

The Ashigaru Stormtrooper is really cool figure, your mom has great taste.

No, if my friend Natasha is correct I'm pretty good at missing humor in text form. Oops.

That Stormtrooper is the only time she's genuinely expressed awe at a sculpt. The rest are, "that's kinda cool" or "I don't like that."

Here is an idea: Mommar's Mom's Mega Macross youtube reviews.

That would be a good idea, sadly there would only be about three videos, they would be thirty seconds long, and it would mostly be brain-damaged stammering.

I'd be happy if my mom would ever say anything positive about my toy collection. Every time she drops by and sees it, she always tells me that I shouldn't be spending my money on needless things... :(

She's been remarkably cool with the whole collecting thing my whole life. She used to hunt for X-Men figures while I was at school. She used to tell me not to worry what other people thought of my collecting in high school. I don't think she's super happy with the fact this stuff takes up so much room but I'm the one who pays for the house/food/etc so it ain't up to her.

Back on topic, while I really do love the B scheme I personally think the Ozma is the best looking one overall.

Got mine today. Almost missed it, as it was sent to my old address. I had to go to the post office two days in a row to try and stop them from returning to sender. Today was a good surprise to see they actually got a hold of it and saved it for me to pick up.

My mom is cool with my collecting, she was pretty excited when I told her I was getting display cases.

Thanks no3ljm! I am with Ozma. :D

No, if my friend Natasha is correct I'm pretty good at missing humor in text form. Oops.

That Stormtrooper is the only time she's genuinely expressed awe at a sculpt. The rest are, "that's kinda cool" or "I don't like that."

That would be a good idea, sadly there would only be about three videos, they would be thirty seconds long, and it would mostly be brain-damaged stammering.

She's been remarkably cool with the whole collecting thing my whole life. She used to hunt for X-Men figures while I was at school. She used to tell me not to worry what other people thought of my collecting in high school. I don't think she's super happy with the fact this stuff takes up so much room but I'm the one who pays for the house/food/etc so it ain't up to her.

Back on topic, while I really do love the B scheme I personally think the Ozma is the best looking one overall.

I am with you there, Ozma overall best looking. Also I consider it the more sinister looking of the 29. I'll re-shoot it and make some adjustment to lighting. ;)

Got mine today. Almost missed it, as it was sent to my old address. I had to go to the post office two days in a row to try and stop them from returning to sender. Today was a good surprise to see they actually got a hold of it and saved it for me to pick up.

Congrats Jasonc! Glad you were finally able to get it.

My mom is cool with my collecting, she was pretty excited when I told her I was getting display cases.

My mum really doesn't seem to care what I do (although that's not meant to sound harsh on her part) as its my money and my life. She has always said "if im happy then she's happy". And besides I don't particularly care what anyone thinks anyways! I know some folks who are into and do all sorts of weird stuff and I personally don't give a flying f@#$ what they do. Im not one to judge others. I have always got a mixed reaction from people who have seen my stuff, some positive and others negative sometimes even extremely harsh criticism. It comes down to the individual and not everyone's tastes are to everyone else's liking. Occasionally the comment of how much I have spent on my Valk's has been mentioned a few times but it comes with the territory of this type of hobby, or any hobby I guess and there are many other things which are even more expensive by comparison.