DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Looks fantastic, Saburo! Hoping for some pics with the YF-30.

Thank you abbadon, and thank you for the suggestion on the YF-30, I was trying to decide on which Valk to pair it with for photos. Hopefully I remember how to transform the 30, its been a bit. :lol:

Thank you abbadon, and thank you for the suggestion on the YF-30, I was trying to decide on which Valk to pair it with for photos. Hopefully I remember how to transform the 30, its been a bit. :lol:

Haha! Always nice to get reacquainted with toys. I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

Good thing indeed! Would suck to have to miss out as your son plays with his shiny blue valk. ;)

I'm envious of that connection you have with your son and the Macross tie in. It'll be a few years before mine's old enough to really appreciate the hobby. He's into Transformers now though, so baby steps...

20150724_212256.jpg

Yes good thing they arrived together! He was very happy to get his! We both love them!

And yes I guess im very fortunate that we share the same passion in Macross! I must say its loads of fun to just sit, admire Valks, talk about and watch Macross! ^_^

But it's a YF-29B! It's a different variant from the Alto and 30th Anniversary editions! :p

At least that's how I rationalized it to myself because I gotta get one of each valk variant. Just like the VF-11B and C.

They look completely identical, but they've got different imaginary avionics... or something...

But the VF-11B and C have different Fast Packs. ^_^

And the YF-29B comes with a bayonet equipped gunpod not available with the Alto or 30th Ann versions!

Well if you put it that way......

....I will list the YF-29B on my todo list. :p However a YF-25 has a higher priority because of the unique head sculpt. :)

The yf-29b stand adapter for fighter mode is a tad different from the regular release. I tried switching out the alto version with yf-29b and noticed she shrunk this little nub piece in the front. This was done to accommodate the bayonet on the gunpod otherwise it doesn't fit(or at least not well). Isamu version is probably the same so this probably old news to most people here.

Are you using a different stand?

I am indeed. Im using a base from a CF-171.. I think it looks more relevant considering the Percival is n.u.n. and not sms.. That was very silly of Bandai to package that base in with it. Makes you wonder.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he's using a different base since it came with an SMS base, even though the valk isn't SMS.

I used one of my spare ones that came from either a VF-171 or super VF-27 as well.

^_^

And the YF-29B comes with a bayonet equipped gunpod not available with the Alto or 30th Ann versions!

Nor Ozma if I recall correctly..

The yf-29b stand adapter for fighter mode is a tad different from the regular release. I tried switching out the alto version with yf-29b and noticed she shrunk this little nub piece in the front. This was done to accommodate the bayonet on the gunpod otherwise it doesn't fit(or at least not well). Isamu version is probably the same so this probably old news to most people here.

I am going to trim out that section of the display stand with a dremel as it still causes awkwardness with the bayonet gunpod..

But the VF-11B and C have different Fast Packs. ^_^

Gun Pods as well.

Well if you put it that way......

....I will list the YF-29B on my todo list. :p However a YF-25 has a higher priority because of the unique head sculpt. :)

It's not just a unique head sculpt. The entire cockpit area is different as well.

Nor Ozma if I recall correctly..

That is correct, but I was just comparing the ones that were physically the same.

It's not just a unique head sculpt. The entire cockpit area is different as well.

Do you mean in the game? The toy versions seem to have identical looking cockpits between the YF-29 releases, just different colors.

That is correct, but I was just comparing the ones that were physically the same.

Do you mean in the game? The toy versions seem to have identical looking cockpits between the YF-29 releases, just different colors.

Sorry, was referring to the YF-25.

Hoping mine comes tomorrow while I'm home all day and not pushed to Monday. It showed as in Chicago last night at 1030 pm.

Edit....ohh for f*cks sake! Mailman left the card in my mailbox today instead of on my door like usual .Arrrrggghhhh!!!! Now I'm screwed till Monday, which because of my work schedule, I may be screwed till Tuesday. God I hate the usps. Uhhhgggg.

Edited by derex3592

Got my shipping notification email from AmiAmi yesterday. I went with SAL Small Packet Registered as I can wait 2-4 weeks, and it was the cheapest option offered; regular SAL turned out to be even more expensive than EMS... go figure. :huh:

Final cost wasn't too bad either.

Hoping mine comes tomorrow while I'm home all day and not pushed to Monday. It showed as in Chicago last night at 1030 pm.

Edit....ohh for f*cks sake! Mailman left the card in my mailbox today instead of on my door like usual .Arrrrggghhhh!!!! Now I'm screwed till Monday, which because of my work schedule, I may be screwed till Tuesday. God I hate the usps. Uhhhgggg.

Don't your post office open on Saturday? It should be back at the station by tonight

Did you pay for EMS? If so they're supposed to come to your door for a signature. I think this is the second time this has happened to you, talk to your Post office manager to get this issue fixed. A few years my Postman did the same thing all the time, once I complained and asked for a solution it's never happened again.

@ F360 ... According to the card no....but I'm gonna run up there tomorrow morning and see if there is somone manning the package pickup only door of mystery

@ 505th... Yes i did pay for EMS. If he did come to the door, I didn't hear him, or he came before I got home from work. Either way, I'm just pissed about my crap timing.

Edited by derex3592

@ F360 ... According to the card no....but I'm gonna run up there tomorrow morning and see if there is somone manning the package pickup only door of mystery

@ 505th... Yes i did pay for EMS. If he did come to the door, I didn't hear him, or he came before I got home from work. Either way, I'm just pissed about my crap timing.

I used to think I simply didn't hear him knock or use the door bell, then twice I saw him drive right on by while finding the "Sorry We Missed You" card in my box, meaning he never even tried. Tell this to your PO Manager, they'll make sure your Postman rings the doorbell a few times from now on..... hopefully.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I used to think I simply didn't hear him knock or use the door bell, then twice I saw him drive right on by while finding the "Sorry We Missed You" card in my box, meaning he never even tried. Tell this to your PO Manager, they'll make sure your Postman rings the doorbell a few times from now on..... hopefully.

+1 my mailman used to do this until a grabbed him and asked him to actually knock at my old place. (my current place got a doorman so he get everything...)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah, I was home once working on my house with the garage door open and the postal lady left the "Sorry we missed you" tag in my mailbox. I grabbed the mail right after she left and then caught her a few houses down. Crazy. On garbage days if the garbage trucks leave the garbage too close to my mailbox so that she can't just drive up and not get out, she'll get out of her car and blockade my driveway with the garbage bins.

Not her specific (possibly) but on another occasion where I legitimately wasn't home she left the "sorry I missed you" note and the pick-up location written on it was 45 minutes to an hour plus with traffic from my house despite the fact it was a small package and there's probably about a dozen post offices closer. I have no idea what that was all about but I just went online and scheduled redelivery for the weekend.

Hehe! I didn't mean to make that sound like I was correcting your comment in anyway! ^_^

This is for UPS, but applies to USPS also:

CDM7x.jpg

I think this must be in every delivery drivers hand book or training! Explains a lot.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was home once working on my house with the garage door open and the postal lady left the "Sorry we missed you" tag in my mailbox. I grabbed the mail right after she left and then caught her a few houses down. Crazy. On garbage days if the garbage trucks leave the garbage too close to my mailbox so that she can't just drive up and not get out, she'll get out of her car and blockade my driveway with the garbage bins.

Not her specific (possibly) but on another occasion where I legitimately wasn't home she left the "sorry I missed you" note and the pick-up location written on it was 45 minutes to an hour plus with traffic from my house despite the fact it was a small package and there's probably about a dozen post offices closer. I have no idea what that was all about but I just went online and scheduled redelivery for the weekend.

Seems like she was just pissed at you for not being home and having to hold on to your parcel! either that or she just forgot to stop at the next closest and only realized she still had your parcel on board when she was miles away at another location. Yep I don't believe that 2nd reason at all myself either. -_-

Usps is the worst! A least an undeliverable slip will tell you they still have it in their possession. They've marked packages delivered countless times only for them to show up days later! Recently once a package showed up two weeks later and during that time the postal delivery worker claimed (in person and took time off his route to explain this to me) that he scanned the package and left it on top of my mailbox. I filed a police report thinking someone stole it! I had to file numerous complaints to the usps managers for them not doing their job and for lying that they mark items delivered when they were not. That should be counted as fraud!

Sorry back on topic now...

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Victory is mine! I had knee surgery 8 days ago so today was the first day I actually thought I can drive my car somewhere so I got in and went to the post office and low and behold someone actually answered the pick up window door thing and I was able to receive my Valkyrie! Great packaging and lightening fast shipping from AmiAmi on this one.

post-11393-0-92084600-1437836501_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-39657800-1437836513_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-67857400-1437836526_thumb.jpg

Victory is mine! I had knee surgery 8 days ago so today was the first day I actually thought I can drive my car somewhere so I got in and went to the post office and low and behold someone actually answered the pick up window door thing and I was able to receive my Valkyrie! Great packaging and lightening fast shipping from AmiAmi on this one.

Grats on freeing your valk from the clutches of the post office!