Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

11 hours ago, Sildani said:

Got my Enterprise-C in yesterday. Exact same issue. 

C91DCF94-7C05-4B29-B2A0-BC031160C7D8.jpeg

483B5930-7465-45F3-ACE7-ABA934004E2B.jpeg

Is that supposed to be the concept version of NCC-1701C?

@fenrir72and @sh9000: That would be be Toyworld's take on JAZZ (Coolsville ) and Arcee (Leia).

@slide: That is correct. It the NCC-1701C concept (originally designed by Dave Probert) and was posted a few pages back.

For further clarity:  

Still paint flaws on this one as well.  

Edit: You think that Eaglemoss would do a better work in detailing?? Nope.. Looks like most of their customer base got the short end of the stick. :angry: Just read the rants on the boards about their CS when you have time. 

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, borgified said:

@fenrir72and @sh9000: That would be be Toyworld's take on JAZZ (Coolsville ) and Arcee (Leia).

@slide: That is correct. It the NCC-1701C concept (originally designed by Dave Probert) and was posted a few pages back.

For further clarity:  

Still paint flaws on this one as well.  

Edit: You think that Eaglemoss would do a better work in detailing?? Nope.. Looks like most of their customer base got the short end of the stick. :angry: Just read the rants on the boards about their CS when you have time. 

Thank you!

Just now, borgified said:

Oh good... the first thought that flashed through my mind was this 

21 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

My new additions, some 3rd part masterpiece. Tracks just there for scale. I’m loving the arcee and jazz.

6D6DDB7A-DC76-4049-8829-9FB8E72D00DE.jpeg

Quick question, Bahamutzyro. Is Jazz a Zeta Toys brand? And also, how come Arcee is so tall? Is she in-line with Masterpiece height? How is she besides MP Hot Rod/imus? Thanks!

I can answer those questions as well @no3Ljm,  I'm also on the TFW2005 boards as well (Macross fix here, TFs on the other).

Note: This is what I read and understand so far - Zeta is reformat of Toyworld, due to the fact that some of the former employees of Toyworld (from the Design department) left due to the fact that the molds of Coolsville and (the upcoming?) Bruticus was used by Toyworld and didn't pay them for the rights. These employees found out and decided to leave, took the molds of Coolsville and Bruticus with them, formed their own company (now named Zeta). Zeta is doing another run of Coolsville (with tweeks from the former mold) later on under the brand Zeta-EX (?), ETA unsure.

Leia is their take on a MP version of Arcee and scales in-line with FT's Kup and MP-09 (I think that pics with Leia and Hot Rod might be in the MP-28 thread). Pic taken directly from the boards on page 59, post #1180 by member GR1ML0CK (I think that he replaced the head with the Wei Jang one).

Daimchoc has posted a vid of the Metallic version of her (post #1086)

untitled.png

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

I emailed Eaglemoss customer support about the Voyager XL.  Will see how that goes.  Hopefully they're replacing these Enterprise-C concept ships, that's just inexcusable.

Hopefully that "Helen" can help you out in regards to the issue and not be like the others on the Trustpilot review thread. =@

33 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Andrew Probert

D'oh! That's what happens when you work the late night shift and reading/replying on the forums with the wrong info.. Where's the head bashing in the wall emoji when I needed it?

20 hours ago, borgified said:

I can answer those questions as well @no3Ljm,  I'm also on the TFW2005 boards as well (Macross fix here, TFs on the other).

Note: This is what I read and understand so far - Zeta is reformat of Toyworld, due to the fact that some of the former employees of Toyworld (from the Design department) left due to the fact that the molds of Coolsville and (the upcoming?) Bruticus was used by Toyworld and didn't pay them for the rights. These employees found out and decided to leave, took the molds of Coolsville and Bruticus with them, formed their own company (now named Zeta). Zeta is doing another run of Coolsville (with tweeks from the former mold) later on under the brand Zeta-EX (?), ETA unsure.

Leia is their take on a MP version of Arcee and scales in-line with FT's Kup and MP-09 (I think that pics with Leia and Hot Rod might be in the MP-28 thread). Pic taken directly from the boards on page 59, post #1180 by member GR1ML0CK (I think that he replaced the head with the Wei Jang one).

Daimchoc has posted a vid of the Metallic version of her (post #1086)

untitled.png

Thanks for this @borgified. Really appreciate it. But based on this pic for me she's kind of too small for MP-09 Hot Rodimus. And looking at the pic below, she's kind of too tall for the recent MP-28 Hot Rod.

14 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Some more shots of toy world Leia. She is in scale with the masterpiece line.

3A39ADA0-677F-4850-9E6E-E78AE6D3E76F.jpeg

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for this @borgified. Really appreciate it. But based on this pic for me she's kind of too small for MP-09 Hot Rodimus. And looking at the pic below, she's kind of too tall for the recent MP-28 Hot Rod.

As Kup says from the '86 animated movie in regards to Hot Rod: "A Turbo Revvin young punk". <_<

12 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Man I want one of those Skyfire's.....I know they aren't the best toy ever made, but MAN, he looks good just standing there!

I think you are refering to the old Daca Toys Skyfire that isn't the best toy ever. The one pictured, I'm pretty sure is the Fans Toys, which probably isn't the best toy ever either but should be a hell of a lot better than the one you were thinking of.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Man I want one of those Skyfire's.....I know they aren't the best toy ever made, but MAN, he looks good just standing there!

Yeah as Slave IV said, you're thinking of the old Daca Toys Chronos, which was garbage, and was widely panned as one of the worst figures ever made. Pictured above is indeed FansToys Phoenix/MP Skyfire, which is hands down one of their nicest figures, and easily one of the best MP figures ever made, official or third party.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

How's it compare with the Figuarts version? I thought it was a better likeness of Heath Ledger in the promo pics. 

It’s infinitely better IMO. I’ll buy figuarts over anything but in this case the Mafex is superior. It goes well with the Figuarts Batman.

20073D91-2791-4368-AE54-DA7844182C8B.jpeg

DD450B35-AC2F-4015-9099-01936A2B2B9F.jpeg

1816D9C9-F428-4438-9564-1945096E9783.jpeg

2BCEE35F-3C0B-4C0E-BD7F-094C3AA963AC.jpeg

EF6CC70E-83B4-4B17-9496-651AB85E2760.jpeg

Edited by anubis20

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

It’s infinitely better IMO. I’ll buy figuarts over anything but in this case the Mafex is superior. It goes well with the Figuarts Batman.

Damn yeah, still not a fan of the face, prefer Figuarts. Also, in general, I simply can't do Mafex anymore, I've been burned three out of four times. I told myself never again with them over and over, then I bought Force Awakens Rey and her arm fall off, and her face wasn't printed on straight. It's good to see they are still trying I guess? If it didn't bust out of the box that's an improvement for them overall. I heard Homecoming Spidey was nice, but I love Figuarts Homecoming Spidey so I had no reason to bother with the Mafex.

Eaglemoss Shuttlecraft Type 11 from Enterprise E came in today... nice little ship. No obvious QC issues aside from one little black mark that looks like a phaser blast on the bottom side of the cockpit... oh well..battle damage! 

20180126_193915.jpg

20180126_193924.jpg

20180126_193957.jpg

20180126_194032.jpg

Edited by derex3592

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually she’s pretty spot on in size. Mp-28 is based really on hot rod and the old rodimus should be larger. She works pretty well. I did order the fanstoys as well so I’ll see how that one is.

as far as the sky fire, he is one of the best 3rd party mp out there. Fans toys is a better quality figure vs most others. I do like dx9 as well.