Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I wasn't sure where to put this but months ago when I posted a pic of my USS Titan somebody asked me where I get my info on new Eaglemoss ships.  I still don't have that info but I lucked across the website last night and they have the Andrew Probert original design for the Enterprise C available for pre-order now.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/star-trek-starships/uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-c-probert-concept

IMG_0220.PNG.397aa9290cfee7f856d1c3676fea2f95.PNG

24 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I wasn't sure where to put this but months ago when I posted a pic of my USS Titan somebody asked me where I get my info on new Eaglemoss ships.  I still don't have that info but I lucked across the website last night and they have the Andrew Probert original design for the Enterprise C available for pre-order now.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/star-trek-starships/uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-c-probert-concept

I might have to pick one of those up, though I'd rather have an XL version.

The Enterprise-C release is missing the main impulse engine on the back of the "neck."

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Any reason why you went with the old Vader when there's a new one with soft goods on the way?

Well one reason would be I was not aware of that fact at the time I placed the order.

If soft goods means textile cloak and such,  I'm also not really so keen on that. (I still remember the difficulties trying to wash my Kenner Royal Guards back in the day.:( )

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I might have to pick one of those up, though I'd rather have an XL version.

The Enterprise-C release is missing the main impulse engine on the back of the "neck."

This is one of those special type releases that aren't technically cannon (only the un-detailed side-view was depicted on the wall of one of the conference rooms) so an XL version is about 99.9% unlikely.  I'll bet an XL version of the cannon C isn't going to happen.  The first C release was lacking details like the impulse drive unfortunately.  The test images here look like they've got more of the details on the concept version correct though.  I pre-ordered, it's unique and not likely we'll see something like that again.

3 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Well one reason would be I was not aware of that fact at the time I placed the order.

If soft goods means textile cloak and such,  I'm also not really so keen on that. (I still remember the difficulties trying to wash my Kenner Royal Guards back in the day.:( )

Textile cape and some of the undergarment.  They have come a long way from the 80's... well, unless it's made by Hasbro then it's exactly like the soft goods from the 80's.  There is more to the new figure than the cape though, that Vader you got is undersized for the rest of the line and is oddly proportioned.

#'s 9-12 of my Hi Metal-R collection.    I've come quite a way in about a month from Zero to 12,  some of these are definately more interesting then others..

Favorites so far.. the Monster (cause Monster), the VF-2SS w/SAP, Hikaru's GBP-1J, Max & Millia super valks, and the Missle Regults..    I am hoping the Glaug is pretty sweet as we need more enemy Mecha!  

I have a few that I am kinda meh on..  the most obvious being Messer VF-1S..  mostly because I was not a fan of Delta..   I am also kinda Meh on the DYRL Strike Hikaru.. maybe it will grow on me.

Optimized-20180116_175147.jpg

Optimized-20180116_175305.jpg

Optimized-20180116_175445.jpg

Edited by Stampeed Valkyrie

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

This is one of those special type releases that aren't technically cannon (only the un-detailed side-view was depicted on the wall of one of the conference rooms) so an XL version is about 99.9% unlikely.  I'll bet an XL version of the cannon C isn't going to happen.  The first C release was lacking details like the impulse drive unfortunately.  The test images here look like they've got more of the details on the concept version correct though.  I pre-ordered, it's unique and not likely we'll see something like that again.

I'm not holding my breath on an XL version, that's for sure. I'll be happy if they just finished out the Enterprises in that line. 

I feel that someone it going to tar and feather me. Just got delivered at my doorstep 40 mins ago.

I know that the Valk display stand has mixed reviews, however it's for displaying Roy's DRYL Strike VF-1S and got the last available copy of the SV-51 Nora (used) within my price range (this literally reminds me of the Klingon Bird of Prey K'Vort Class) . Looking forward in getting the Arcadia version down the road.

DSC00659.jpg

On 1/16/2018 at 11:58 PM, Mommar said:

I can't be sure but I think I may have asked you where you bought your star ships from.. I forget. Had a brain injury remember! 

That looks fantastic! I just checked out the website and I'm thinking I will chose a few to buy! But where do I display these things!?

1 hour ago, spanner said:

I can't be sure but I think I may have asked you where you bought your star ships from.. I forget. Had a brain injury remember! 

That looks fantastic! I just checked out the website and I'm thinking I will chose a few to buy! But where do I display these things!?

Was it that or did you ask me how I find out about the new/upcoming releases?  That's just a combination of e-mail updates for pre-orders at BigBadToyStore and complete dumb-ass luck, like the fact I just checked the Eaglemoss website the other day and saw the pre-order for the Ent-C Prototype was up.

The Prototype C there I had to order directly from Eaglemoss themselves, I haven't seen it available anywhere else.  It's on the way as of today.

Other's I'll order from BigBadToyStore though,  like the pre-order I have for the Phase 2 Enterprise, which I honestly haven't seen anywhere else actually.  I'm just waiting on BBTS to ship it in the back half of the month.  And the USS Phoenix is already in the mail.

80c725d9-fa35-4142-8deb-07074fa04726.jpg

You do have to watch out for Eaglemoss though, they have horrific QC issues sometimes.  You will have things arrive that are broken or miss-aligned.  If you order direct from them they'll replace it though.

27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Finally got around to opening that 1D I got last week. Oh rainbow canopy, how I've missed you!

This is my first blue VF-1 and I must say it's quite striking. It makes me want my Max 1J RIGHT NOW!! :lol:

5a60d2797428b_VirginRoad01.jpg.210a89b208276dab7e11d6bd53cf6de9.jpg

5a60d27af0b88_VirginRoad02.jpg.39c5b35bb3e51083bf7d5e8436452bed.jpg

5a60d27c3b39d_VirginRoad03.thumb.jpg.044fe5670d9c5fa0aec777febcbf3e5d.jpg

Such a beautiful Valk!! I know how you feel with getting your first blue VF-1, I had that same vibe when I got Max's VF-1J. Would be nice to see that rainbow tinted canopy come back, I like it! B))

47 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Such a beautiful Valk!! I know how you feel with getting your first blue VF-1, I had that same vibe when I got Max's VF-1J. Would be nice to see that rainbow tinted canopy come back, I like it! B))

I wish they'd brought it back for the premium versions.

So, the picture on the box shows Max & Miria's names on the canopy frame. Wait a second. That doesn't make sense. Isn't this just a trainer VF that was pressed into service as an impromptu wedding vehicle? Max already has a VF-1 assigned to him and Miria was an enemy combatant until, like, an hour before the wedding? And it's fully armed for combat in the middle of a wedding ceremony?!

The kinds of trivial questions that come to me while I'm in the shower. :lol: