I don't know, I think a bitter divorced solo with a slight "hero spark" might work well in general.

"My woman left me, my Wookie is dead, but f%ck it, why not!"

Now Keith, you know as well as anyone that the EU means jack squat when it comes to the movies. I wouldn't say I'd be shocked if they carried over stuff from the novels, but I don't expect them to adhear to whatever has taken place in them.

Now Keith, you know as well as anyone that the EU means jack squat when it comes to the movies. I wouldn't say I'd be shocked if they carried over stuff from the novels, but I don't expect them to adhear to whatever has taken place in them.

I was just joking. Did they actually do that in the EU crap? lol.

Putting all three of the former lead actors (supposedly picking up their old characters) already feels like a bad idea. Han, Luke and Leia should be legends (i.e. dead) in the Sequels. Well, welcome to the Disney Star Wars. I'm expecting Ewoks will be back, too.

I thought we had purged you folks in the last thread.

Anyway, Az is right--who knows what they plan to do here. These could be little more than cameos, or smallish roles.

Old Han Solo fails to stop the destruction of Naboo with red matter travels back in time along with an evil Jar Jar Binks. Young Han solo then meets with Old Han Solo after evil Jar Jar Binks destroys Corellia in revenge. And Tyler Perry plays Mon Mothma.

Old Han Solo fails to stop the destruction of Naboo with red matter travels back in time along with an evil Jar Jar Binks. Young Han solo then meets with Old Han Solo after evil Jar Jar Binks destroys Corellia in revenge. And Tyler Perry plays Mon Mothma.

I will only see it if Perry plays Mon Mothma as Madea.

Putting all three of the former lead actors (supposedly picking up their old characters) already feels like a bad idea. Han, Luke and Leia should be legends (i.e. dead) in the Sequels. Well, welcome to the Disney Star Wars. I'm expecting Ewoks will be back, too.

Maybe they will CGI them to look young?

Have to disagree there, the Arnie from Salvation looked Dodgy at best, downright terrible mostly. The Tron effects were quite good though.

There's a reason for those dodgy Arnie visual effects. Namely they're based off of (physical) molds of his head made way back when T1 was produced, in order to make the props for that infamous "cutting out the eye" scene.

I don't want to say that the mold was done cheaply (it was a B movie after all), but the dodgy CG was due to it being based on a cast from a mold intended for different purposes of a much younger Arnie being 3DCG animated with animation software not exactly suited for rendering people.

There's a reason for those dodgy Arnie visual effects. Namely they're based off of (physical) molds of his head made way back when T1 was produced, in order to make the props for that infamous "cutting out the eye" scene.

I don't want to say that the mold was done cheaply (it was a B movie after all), but the dodgy CG was due to it being based on a cast from a mold intended for different purposes of a much younger Arnie being 3DCG animated with animation software not exactly suited for rendering people.

I dunno, I thought it looked okay. It was the image of Arnie at the most iconic point in his career (long, 80's style hair and everything). Compound that with the fact that he doesn't say a single word, just gets down to business and tries to terminate Connor....for me, seeing Arnie's image exactly the way he looked in the first film was the best part of the film. I'm sure it can be done a lot better now, but how did they do it in TRON? Did they have a mold of Jeff Bridges head from the 80's?

Edited by peter

What I found more irritating than CG Arnie's look was that he had Connor right in his hands and kept on trying to kill him by throwing him around. Who developed the software for these things?

Haha, that's true, why didn't he just punch his heart out?

Anyway, back on topic, Hamill is not saying no....I would be open to having most of the original cast come back, but they'd need something more clever than just CG magic to bring their youth back.

I dunno, I thought it looked okay. It was the image of Arnie at the most iconic point in his career (long, 80's style hair and everything). Compound that with the fact that he doesn't say a single word, just gets down to business and tries to terminate Connor....for me, seeing Arnie's image exactly the way he looked in the first film was the best part of the film. I'm sure it can be done a lot better now, but how did they do it in TRON? Did they have a mold of Jeff Bridges head from the 80's?

IIRC they made a digital model of his face from scratch using his appearance in Against all odds as a reference. I think Clu looked better because they threw more time and money at it because they knew the character was going to be seen throughout the film talking.

They must have. It was a young Jeff bridges in the movie as CLU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zD8v-goYl0E

CLU still looked computer animated, granted I agree that the animation/effect looked great, but that's because it worked very well in context. Computer system, computer animated looking CLU. Similar to how in theaters while on the grid the movie was in 3D but in the real world 2D.

I think unless there were significant improvements in technology a computer generated young Han, Leia, Luke or anyone else would be too jarring against real world actors and would take the audience out of the film.

Just roll with a new set of characters and have the old folks be old, or used as voice-overs or something.

Hell they already ruined Indiana Jones with too old Harrison...

-b.

CLU still looked computer animated, granted I agree that the animation/effect looked great, but that's because it worked very well in context. Computer system, computer animated looking CLU. Similar to how in theaters while on the grid the movie was in 3D but in the real world 2D.

I think unless there were significant improvements in technology a computer generated young Han, Leia, Luke or anyone else would be too jarring against real world actors and would take the audience out of the film.

Just roll with a new set of characters and have the old folks be old, or used as voice-overs or something.

Hell they already ruined Indiana Jones with too old Harrison...

-b.

What about the scenes that were flashbacks? He was CGI in the real world.

What about the scenes that were flashbacks? He was CGI in the real world.

True, forgot about the scene with him in Sam's room. And he looked CGI there too. The ones w him giving the speech worked for my suspension of disbelief because it was presnted as video.

Unless the technology has advanced to the point where we can't discern the difference w our naked eye, my preference is to not digitally de-age any of the original trilogy actors.

That and I'd really rather see new characters as the focus of a new movies.

-b.

My preference is no digital characters, period. Last weekend I rewatched Eps III, and every time they had people (especially OLD people) doing flips in the light sabre battles, my mind kept screaming "FAKE". Which made the change in stature, stance and movement when the stunt doubles were used all that more glaringly obvious...

...I would be open to having most of the original cast come back, but they'd need something more clever than just CG magic to bring their youth back.

I think that would have to be an act of God. LOL......

Haha, that's true, why didn't he just punch his heart out?

Anyway, back on topic, Hamill is not saying no....I would be open to having most of the original cast come back, but they'd need something more clever than just CG magic to bring their youth back.

Why would they need to bring their youth back? It's pretty safe to say at this point this movie isn't picking up right after the end of RotJ.

Why would they need to bring their youth back? It's pretty safe to say at this point this movie isn't picking up right after the end of RotJ.

Well, I think most people can accept that they are older, just not THAT old, haha! Looks like life has been chewing on his face. Deage to middle age maybe, at least so they don't look like they're living in the Jedi Retirement Centre as senior citizens of the republic.

Well, I think most people can accept that they are older, just not THAT old, haha! Looks like life has been chewing on his face. Deage to middle age maybe, at least so they don't look like they're living in the Jedi Retirement Centre as senior citizens of the republic.

Don't forget that makeup is still available and it can do wonders, maybe not ENOUGH but still.