Was Farscape any good?

Just wondering. I am just finishing watching Stargate SG1 and some of the actors were on Farscape. I remember seeing puppets on it which through me off. The basic concept as I understood it reminded me of Buck Rogers. Anyway it is one of the few longer running sci-fi shows of the last decade or so that I never really even attempted to watch and am just curious if it was a decent show. Thoughts?

Farscape is one of my favorite shows ever though, IMO you SHOULD NOT watch the final made for TV movie finale. If you ask me the final scene of the regular series is how things should have stayed.Al

Also, they have the most brilliant love triangle ever conceived.

Edited by Mommar

I never watched Farscape when it originally aired .... But I remember several years ago SciFi channel (when it was called that) aired the complete series in order and I saw a good chunk of it. I liked what I saw and was getting into it. I watched the end movie too. Maybe I should go backand watch it from start to finish too. I wonder if Netflix has it?

Chris

Also, they have the most brilliant love triangle ever conceived.

Wait, are you talking about a certain... half-breed with a grudge against against John Crichton? Because if you are... ewwwwwwww! :)

I never got to see as much of Farscape as I would have liked, and what I did see was always out of order, but after a shaky start for the first few episodes theres no doubt it becomes one of the most "out there" SF series around.

Wait, are you talking about a certain... half-breed with a grudge against against John Crichton? Because if you are... ewwwwwwww! :)

That's not the one I was thinking of, nor the one I think Mommar was thinking of.

That's not the one I was thinking of, nor the one I think Mommar was thinking of.

Nor I.

Anyways, Farscape is great. Never watched it during its run. Got the complete DVD collection as a gift last year for my birthday and watched it all in the space of a month. Great stuff.

I will say that the first season isn't as good as subsequent seasons are. When it was first on I didn't really care for it. It was only during the second season I was flipping channels that I happened upon a Second season episode and discovered why I liked it so much.

Next everybody is going to talk about how "great" Lexx was.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now THAT is nostalgic. Was never interested in it... but it was always on... (late at night, when there was nothing more interesting on).

Never really got into Farscape (I think it conflicted with the times I was at worked), but it was interesting.

Next everybody is going to talk about how "great" Lexx was.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

which one? The original one on the pay tv channel, or the even worse one on the regular cable network channel? (they both stunk, but the pay TV channel was watchable)

Lexx was a poor man's crappy pretentious wannabe Red Dwarf.

The only good thing about Lexxx was when it was originally on premium cable and had nudity... and even then it was still just barely tolerable. I remember my Dad showing it to me when I was fifteen or sixteen on Cinemax or Showtime or one of those (which is doubly odd considering he's a born-again Christian.)

Just started farscape. So far its watchable

It gets a lot better. The first season and part of the second are a little weak to start with.

Edited by Mommar

It gets a lot better. The first season and part of the second are a little weak to start with.

Good to know, I'm maybe a quarter of the way into the second season and it has been hit or miss. Then again, most ST series stink up till season 3 too.

Good to know, I'm maybe a quarter of the way into the second season and it has been hit or miss. Then again, most ST series stink up till season 3 too.

The end of the second leading into the third is obviously where the writers start finding their footing.