Was Farscape any good?

Almost done with the second season of farscape. It started out strong for the first few episodes then took a dump for a bit. Started to pick up around episode 10. Overall I like this show.

Now which one should I do next. Stargate sg-1 or Battlestar Gallactica

Now which one should I do next. Stargate sg-1 or Battlestar Gallactica

SG-1. The first 1 or 2 seasons are a mix of episodes, but the writing really picks up from there on out.

After that, go with SG: Atlantis. It has excellent writing right from the start.

I can't really recommend SG: Universe... it's completely unlike any of the preceding SG series. Though, apparently it's quite similar to BSG (never seen that), so you may want to watch BSG first.

BSG was a good show (excluding the first half of season 3) but I've never had any interest in watching it more than once. SG-1 is a show I can watch any time again and again.

And while I really love SG-1, I think Atlantis is my favorite.

:edit:

And SG:U is just awful all around. The more or less took everything that was good about SG-1 and Atlantis, got rid of it, and replaced it with everything that was wrong with BSG with none of what made that work.

Edited by anime52k8

The first couple of seasons of SG:1 were horrible. Particularly season 1 when the show was basically "A racists guide to the galaxy". The amount of the ethnocentric white washing on that show was revolting.

It got better but the show and it's spin offs always had an uneasy veneer of manifest destiny that never sat well with me.

I'm just going to disagree with everyone and say 95% of stargate sucked.

I'm going to agree with you, so long as that %05 that didn't suck is the original Stargate movie. He should definately watch BSG next.

It gets a lot better. The first season and part of the second are a little weak to start with.

The end of the second leading into the third is obviously where the writers start finding their footing.

this is fairly accurate IMO. First season interesting nothing special. Second season ok first like 2 episodes then seems to suck till around episode 10 then just gets better and better. Im half way through season 4 and this season is real good.