DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Super Pack VF-25 were having reaction missiles under the wings in episode 17.

I was just gonna say the same thing. When wearing the armor pack, or super packs, they did have ordinance under the wings, right? Either way, if the S and F models get something for under the wings, I'd rather have them sell the wings themselves so I can replace the old ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of milking the mold, I hope they decide to revisit previous releases and give us repops of them all so that those who missed on any one version will have a chance to score a copy without resorting to price gougers. Then on to renewal VF-27s...

The 27s' batroid mode is squatter and doesn't match the lankiness of the renewal 25s, if I'm not mistaken; they're supposed to be about the same height since they share similar aerospace frames. Another inferior area is the inability to thrust the waist forward like the new 25s.

Long story short, I want a renewal, not a re-release.

from the picture i saw it seems the same height of the v2 in battroid mode and it seems a very similar project. From the pictures all 3 modes are gorgeus and pretty closse to the animation model, but if you tell me that there are inferorio to durandall and 25 v2....

Let's hipe for an hint from bandai

or at least a reissue... other than the hands, how can they improve the vf-27? Fron the review, its quality is very close to vf25 v2...

After looking at the v2s, they can improve the 27s by a lot. I would not settle for a reissue at all for the 27. It has to be newly engineered for me or it's a no sale.

The only improvement that can be made on the VF-27 are its hip/waist (as featured on the v2 VF-25 versions), the hands, and possibly the folding shoulder mechanism. I've been thinking about swapping my VF-29F's hip/waist with my VF-27 to see how it would hold.

The only difference in height between the renewals and the VF-27 is just the hip/waist feature. That is primarily the reason why the VF-27 is so short when compared to a VF-25 in battroid mode.

the original 27 is a so poor model? What improvement they can make?

It's not poor, I suppose. Fighter mode looks nice and Gerwalk is alright. But after seeing the Durandal, v2, and 171, there's no way in hell I'm going out of my way to look for one on eBay. There was a time when I wanted the cannon fodder version (the green one) but looking at Battroid mode, I'd rather they redo the entire thing.

Edited by xrentonx

same here however I'm also looking forward for the RVF 25 too for completion of the series.

Surprised they have not announced the RVF yet, sees like the other 3 were announced pretty fast. I still need an Ozma!

Really, all they need to do is make a new waist/hips section for the VF-27, and sell it as an add-on/replacement. (but you know they wouldn't, you'd have to buy it all over again, re-using 80% of the mold)

(also, I would prefer it have pale grey stripes like the model kit, instead of lavender stripes like Brera's)

Really, all they need to do is make a new waist/hips section for the VF-27, and sell it as an add-on/replacement. (but you know they wouldn't, you'd have to buy it all over again, re-using 80% of the mold)

yep, just a new waist and hip section... and new hands... and a new neck plate... and a support arm for the backpack. and a gunpod that doesn't flop open... and ankles that don't collapse constantly... and landing gear that locks in the down position... and compatibility with super parts...

yep, just a new waist and hip section... and new hands... and a new neck plate... and a support arm for the backpack. and a gunpod that doesn't flop open... and ankles that don't collapse constantly... and landing gear that locks in the down position... and compatibility with super parts...

A lot of those could be very minor tweaks to the existing parts, no more than the v1 VF-25S's neck mods from release to release was.

As for super parts---freeze-framing the movie shows that there's actually a LOT of armor. I think it gets into the same area as "Yamato said no VF-19S boosters because they wouldn't fit in fighter mode". The VF-27's leg armor even goes INSIDE the legs, not strapped to the outside like most valks IIRC. Would have to check again to be sure, but when I saw where all the armor was, I thought "we'll never ever see this on anything that can actually transform".

I ordered one with them first thing actually, figured it couldn't hurt to try. After they managed to keep offering preorders for the VF-171 up to (and even past) the release date, I'm glad I did. They seem to have a pretty stable supply from Bandai.

I did decide to pay ahead though. There is a way to wait, but I like using Paypal, and that defaulted to the instant payment option. I don't mind that if it helps the chances that my order will get filled fast come release day. :)

Just for my info which of these DX VF-25 Renewal's have already been reissued, I missed out on the DX Chogokin VF-25G like most of on here and was hoping to pick it up if they ever reissue it so what are my chances

Edited by moose

Wait for HLJ as they haven't taken their preorders yet and historically, they tend to be the shop with the most stock. The reason why they haven't open it is most likely because Bandai have not confirmed with them the numbers they can allocated to them. They may very well not open it until the release date when they receive their shipment and know how much have been allocated to them.

Wait for HLJ as they haven't taken their preorders yet and historically, they tend to be the shop with the most stock. The reason why they haven't open it is most likely because Bandai have not confirmed with them the numbers they can allocated to them. They may very well not open it until the release date when they receive their shipment and know how much have been allocated to them.

You sure about this ok well I guess we have no choice since every other place is sold out

I ordered one with them first thing actually, figured it couldn't hurt to try. After they managed to keep offering preorders for the VF-171 up to (and even past) the release date, I'm glad I did. They seem to have a pretty stable supply from Bandai.

I'm not so sure it's directly from Bandai though. It's possible they're just cannibalizing from other local toy stores that don't have a web presence.

I put in my order with them just in case but I'm still hoping on getting in on the HLJ preorder some time.

• 2 weeks later...