DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Wow. The shoulders on my Alto VF-25F renewal from a few months back are loose as hell now.

I transformed it once to battroid and barely touched it. I was posing it this week and the arms just flop on the metal ball joint.

Very Disappointing.

Wow. The shoulders on my Alto VF-25F renewal from a few months back are loose as hell now.

I transformed it once to battroid and barely touched it. I was posing it this week and the arms just flop on the metal ball joint.

Very Disappointing.

I have the same situation with my YF-29's hip joints. Very sad day...

Anyone have a technique for tightening these? I know with other toys you can tighten them with finger nail polish but I don't know how to get to the joing on the 25's. Someone on here who is a modder knows how I'm sure. If you do, please post.

There is a video from MW member Anubis on YT where he describes how to tighten the shoulder joints on the YF-29. A similar technique could achieve the same for the hips. Anubis tried another fix for the VF-25 hips where he put a small piece of rubber between the ball and its cup. I asked him a while ago how this is holding up and it seems to work ok for him.

To get to the hip joints of the VF-25 Renewals you have to unscrew the screw on the back of the die-cast intakes. A word of caution some small pieces might drop out so be careful not to lose them.

No rush on the Ozama. So much other stuff to buy. haha

Seriously I hate that I need 2x, but as long as they are released in a month that is light on pre-orders I will be very pleased. I need to get off of this multiple of each release thing lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai retools the 25 wings to include hardpoints and then releases them again, starting with Ozma

I hope you aren't right about that. Having 25's that can be loaded out would be so cool. But if they were going to do that they should have started with the CF versions, or the re-released Alto.

In other news my 25G has been on a stand for a little over a year. I took it down to put the super parts on it. Legs be floppy... Bandai sucks.

I'd like to see someone put the VF-1J Max beside the VF-25G and the VF-19S/F just to check the shades of blue :)

If there's still enough light for a decent picture I'll try to do this for you and post it tonight. They're already set for each of the three modes as well. I can tell you the 19F is the darkest of the blues, with the 25G being an extremely close second. Max's 1J is far lighter by comparison.

Edited by Mommar

If there's still enough light for a decent picture I'll try to do this for you and post it tonight. They're already set for each of the three modes as well. I can tell you the 19F is the darkest of the blues, with the 25G being an extremely close second. Max's 1J is far lighter by comparison.

Thanks a lot! And I'm jealous that you have a Max 1J :D

I was able to tighten the shoulders and arms by unscrewing the rear of the shoulder and using the nail polish on the ball. Then I had to use lock tight adhesive to seal it and it is now tight and still able to be open and modified again. Scary doing it to 250-300 dollar toys though.

Had a incident last night on a photoshoot. I've had alto renewal out on display since july when I recieved him and had never taken him out of fighter mode. Decided to transform him to battroid for a photoshoot, and the nosecone wouldnt fold into the landing bay. tried it with my other renewals, and they folded fine. Found out the joint was so stiff that it wouldnt budge. spent the next 10 minutes applying slight pressure to get it to fold back. Finally broke the "seal" afterwards and now it folds back fine. It was nervewracking.

Anyone know if there is any chance of Bandai making a DX YF-25 Prophecy?

I dont see why not, though that all depends if bandai feels there's a demand for it.

I think all their efforts are going toward the YF-30 at the moment.

Very Disappointing.

Yeah i noticed the same thing on my yf-29 30th anniversary. Only transformed it to battroid and it sat on my desk since. I picked it up the other day and the leg are so loose they swing around on their own. I can barely make it stand on its own. A simple tap will make it fall over.

Finally got my VF-25A. It arrived with 3 layers of tape on the flap in the box as though its been re-sealed. Greasy as usual, especially the gunpod. It was partially transformed in the box, the nose and back were mis-aligned in the box. However, I transformed it and after re-adjusting all the joints, I got it back together and properly aligned. It's ok, not the tightest one so far - at least my copy, my VF-25F and RVF-25 was much tighter and fit better, actually even the VF-25F seemed to fit better, there is still a slight seam/gap behind the canopy where this seam is usually very tight on all my other Messiahs. The forward part of the canopy seemed just ever so slightly askew - I am very anal though ;-) Lastly, I couldn't get the nose cone to fold all the way back, I could get the first joint of the double joint to swing down, but the second joint to swing the nose cone back seem to be seized, I don't know how much force I should attempt. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any solution other than just forcing it? I like the colours, but it is a little bland, I think I will try to do the stripes that MacrossJunkie did - anyone know how to remove or disassemble the LERXs?

Tighten the screws in back of the hips.

Appreciate the help with this, the only thing I'd add, or at least what I had to do for my Alto VF-29 is first loosen the screws, then re-tighten them. This worked for both the ridiculously loose hips and floppy shoulders. I've got it in a fairly dynamic Battroid pose now and I'll check on the joint tightness in a few days or so.

Finally got my VF-25A. It arrived with 3 layers of tape on the flap in the box as though its been re-sealed. Greasy as usual, especially the gunpod. It was partially transformed in the box, the nose and back were mis-aligned in the box. However, I transformed it and after re-adjusting all the joints, I got it back together and properly aligned. It's ok, not the tightest one so far - at least my copy, my VF-25F and RVF-25 was much tighter and fit better, actually even the VF-25F seemed to fit better, there is still a slight seam/gap behind the canopy where this seam is usually very tight on all my other Messiahs. The forward part of the canopy seemed just ever so slightly askew - I am very anal though ;-) Lastly, I couldn't get the nose cone to fold all the way back, I could get the first joint of the double joint to swing down, but the second joint to swing the nose cone back seem to be seized, I don't know how much force I should attempt. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any solution other than just forcing it? I like the colours, but it is a little bland, I think I will try to do the stripes that MacrossJunkie did - anyone know how to remove or disassemble the LERXs?

WM, it seems like you're not having the best of luck with your purchases.

All of my 25-A's have been double-taped, none that I noticed as triple taped and the one copy I opened was about as close to perfect as you can get and noticeably "better" than the Renewal F, G and RVF.

I'll leave tips about disassembling and customization to those that know about it, but I'm sorry and surprised to hear about the issues you have right out of the box.

-b.