Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Actually Graham (should have read this first before posting.) I do have several of these, and I did use one for my YF-19 Double Nuts and had no problem as long the screw joint is tight and the arm is positioned further to the rear of the base. The pic of it is severval pages back on my 1/48, 1/60, 1/72 thread, I even have it on the stand in Battriod mode; However, though the Battroid mode is too tall for the stand so I had to improvise. But it works for the 19 as well as the 22S it should work teh VF-19 Kai as long they have the right adapters for it.

Glad you got them to work for you. I tried them, but never felt they were safe enough. Always tipping over, never tight enough on the joints. In the end I threw them away.

Graham

SO YEAH, VF-19 KAI... :unsure:

For those that have it, what is the glossy plastic like in person? I think it looks AWESOME in photographs. Is it a fingerprint magnet? Does it feel funny holding it (i.e. like it's greasy)? does it show micro-fine swirly scratches in it's surface? How glossy is it compared to a Bandai DX valk?

If it's as good in person as it looks in pictures then I hope they stick to glossy for the VF-19F/S remolds. (although I guess it would have to be if the finish is a product of the surface texture of the mold, and they using the same physical mode to make parts for both. :unsure: )

No, it is not a fingerprint magnet. No, it does not feel greasy. No, it does not show micro fine fine swirly scratches. Yes, future variants will also be glossy, as you are correct, it is a product of the surface texture of the mold.

Graham

Glad you got them to work for you. I tried them, but never felt they were safe enough. Always tipping over, never tight enough on the joints. In the end I threw them away.

Graham

I get the feeling there's just a pile of pristine Macross related goods buried in a landfill in Hong Kong somewhere. :p

No, it is not a fingerprint magnet. No, it does not feel greasy. No, it does not show micro fine fine swirly scratches. Yes, future variants will also be glossy.

Graham

thank you ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

...In the end I threw them away.

Graham

:blink: first, your old 1/48s now these stands... i'd like to be your garbage collector...

on topic... so, the 1/60 Kai needs to roll up it's sleeve to do the gunpod-by-the-shoulder-pointing-up pose... typical of Basara... oh wait, he's just wearing a "sando" :lol:

I'm tempted to order this sooner than thought.

I have a feeling that the VF-19F will be a sleeper hit and turn out real nifty. Sure everyone wants that Focker Docker's Blazer but the white trim and that head sculpt for the F scream "YEAH I'M OVERLOOKED BUT I WILL KILL YOU AND LOOK GOOD".

For that matter, I wonder which wings we'll get for the F/S? The Master Files book shows short and long wings, both shorter than the Fire Valk. Btw folks how do you avoid breakages on that tab on the legs(the one that broke on Renato's and jenius')?

Btw folks how do you avoid breakages on that tab on the legs(the one that broke on Renato's and jenius')?

Transformed mine through 10 cycles of fighter to Gerwalk, through battroid and back again so far and no breakage, no cracks and no stress marks. I checked carefully last night. Just found some yellow paint wearing off on the chest.

For the Gerwalk hip joint, I stabilise it with my thumb and forefinger of my left hand and then gently pull it from click to click by grasping and pulling in a slow and controlled manner with the thumb and forefinger of my right hand. No problems so far.

Graham

Bumped into some Yamato guys again last night at Fukuyama's 20th Anniversary gig (there'll probably be some write-up over in the Movies & TV series section soon), and when I told them, they weren't that surprised at the breakages, they admitted that area was super-tight. They did however say they would "make a note" of the stress marks/cracks in the wing-root joints, it seemed like that was news for them.

I also told them that despite all this, the Kai really does seem like it had a lot of love poured into it, to which the main guy bowed and said "That's right. You know, I really don't hear that enough!" I replied, "Yeah, I guess it's mostly complaints, huh." He scrunched up his face, shook his head and groaned "Eeexactly," as if defeated. :p

:blink: first, your old 1/48s now these stands... i'd like to be your garbage collector...

on topic... so, the 1/60 Kai needs to roll up it's sleeve to do the gunpod-by-the-shoulder-pointing-up pose... typical of Basara... oh wait, he's just wearing a "sando" :lol:

What!!?!?! :o He threw away his 1/48s, and didn't sell them off.{sniff} Graham how could you?

Bumped into some Yamato guys again last night at Fukuyama's 20th Anniversary gig (there'll probably be some write-up over in the Movies & TV series section soon), and when I told them, they weren't that surprised at the breakages, they admitted that area was super-tight. They did however say they would "make a note" of the stress marks/cracks in the wing-root joints, it seemed like that was news for them.

I also told them that despite all this, the Kai really does seem like it had a lot of love poured into it, to which the main guy bowed and said "That's right. You know, I really don't hear that enough!" I replied, "Yeah, I guess it's mostly complaints, huh." He scrunched up his face, shook his head and groaned "Eeexactly," as if defeated. :p

Uh oh, now I'm affraid once I get this thing.

also, how's the color match between the painted die-cast and plastic? it looks surprisingly good in pictures.

Is there any exterior die-cast?

If you break stuff don't forget to take pics. I like seeing them injured so I know what to expect if I get one and handle it the wrong way. (or what to look for if I buy one used!) :D

Jenius has a video on Youtube, and I'll be putting one up, too, soon.

Is there any exterior die-cast?

Yeah, loads. On the back and shoulder joints, elbow joints, ankles, feet recesses, and many more areas. The paint matching is near-perfect.

This is also the reason why I wouldn't put it on any stand other than the Yamato launch arm ones, since it is really heavy compared to most other valks.

Uh oh, now I'm affraid once I get this thing.

To be clear, when I said "mostly compaints", I was referring to those in general, not to this particular valkyrie.

Transformed mine through 10 cycles of fighter to Gerwalk, through battroid and back again so far and no breakage, no cracks and no stress marks. I checked carefully last night. Just found some yellow paint wearing off on the chest.For the Gerwalk hip joint, I stabilise it with my thumb and forefinger of my left hand and then gently pull it from click to click by grasping and pulling in a slow and controlled manner with the thumb and forefinger of my right hand. No problems so far.Graham

Cool, thanks Graham.

Bumped into some Yamato guys again last night at Fukuyama's 20th Anniversary gig (there'll probably be some write-up over in the Movies & TV series section soon), and when I told them, they weren't that surprised at the breakages, they admitted that area was super-tight. They did however say they would "make a note" of the stress marks/cracks in the wing-root joints, it seemed like that was news for them.I also told them that despite all this, the Kai really does seem like it had a lot of love poured into it, to which the main guy bowed and said "That's right. You know, I really don't hear that enough!" I replied, "Yeah, I guess it's mostly complaints, huh." He scrunched up his face, shook his head and groaned "Eeexactly," as if defeated. :p

The main guy, which valk toys did he design before? Just wondering if he's relatively new or if he's been designing for Yamato for a while. The wing roots, do they stay up due to tension or ratchets? I was thinking perhaps loosening some screws might help but I don't know how the wing root connection is.

Put a few more pics up on anymoon.com. Here's the break in close-up:

Yamato-VF-19Kai-7.jpg

If you do like Graham says, one click at a time, slowly, and you're cognizant of which click is the last you should be fine. It's only when you're not looking and trying to pose GERWALK or on the first cycle through when things are ultra tight that it should be a real problem.

The main guy, which valk toys did he design before? Just wondering if he's relatively new or if he's been designing for Yamato for a while. The wing roots, do they stay up due to tension or ratchets? I was thinking perhaps loosening some screws might help but I don't know how the wing root connection is.

I think when Renato says the manin guy, he may be refering to either the CEO (my friend), or the head of macross product development, not an actual designer per se.

Graham

Should I wait for a fixed version?

For me, I'll prolly wait for the Blazer version. Maybe it'll have the fixes and improvements.

Don't really care that much about the Kai, anyway. ^_^

Yamato-VF-19Kai-7.jpg

If you do like Graham says, one click at a time, slowly, and you're cognizant of which click is the last you should be fine. It's only when you're not looking and trying to pose GERWALK or on the first cycle through when things are ultra tight that it should be a real problem.

D'OH!!! :o

That's a very nasty breakage.

....and you're cognizant of which click is the last you should be fine

looking at the black part it looks like 3 clicks and it's maxed out? was the breakage caused by trying to get that one more click when it was already maxed out?

the v2 VF-1 hip joint can be moved 4x. not sure about the YF-19 since it's in fighter and i don't really want to transform it atm.

Edited by m0n5t3r

And just to clarify, I have never and would never throw away any 1/48s. What I did throw away are all my old v1 1/60 VF-1 toys and the old Mac Plus 1/72 toys.

My 1/48s, while no longer on display are all safe in storage.

Graham

same basic design as on other valks, wonder why this one seems to be more fragile?

The joint being too right, possibly causing people to pull too hard?

Graham

must be pretty darn tight. I've never heard of a case like this on any other valk.

It is EXTREMELY tight, although more so when straightening it out, rather than angling it.

That said, it really doesn't affect the transformation at all, or anything else that much once it is broken. Although a break is a break.

He's the main guy in charge of the Macross division, like Graham said (not the CEO). I don't know his name as I've only spoken to him on a couple of occassions (it's another guy that I usually speak with), and I didn't get his business card. I could find out easily enough, though, because the marketing manager was there too, whose card I do have. I know he wasn't there since the beginning, but it's not like he has no experience, I think he is the guy known as "Mister K" on the website (the one who writes all the articles on the development of each new valk).

As for the wing roots, they are friction, not ratchet joints. The screw can be loosened, my advice would be to do so early on. If anybody has Masterpiece Rodimus, I *think* the screw joint that breaks on one of the leg panels on that toy is a similar deal, i.e. the screw is causing unwanted tension... I don't know for sure, though. Who knows, maybe loosening it will worsen the situation? :wacko:

Anyway, most of you probably don't need to worry. I spoke to Save yesterday and apparently he only transforms his stuff once a year, so on average people here should be OK.

Here is the crack: post-1318-0-11103300-1306134859_thumb.jpg

Has anybody looked this thing over to see if there might be evidence of spots to attach Fast Packs or Fold Boosters or anything like that?

Yep, three spots on the back.

Yep, three spots on the back.

I'm hoping one of the more talented/adventurous amongst us takes one of these (or a variant if we are so blessed) and attempts something akin to the fully-loaded VF-19 from the Master File with the two back mounted fast packs, leg boosters and double Fold-Boosters. I suppose we can't have all of the wing-mounted Reaction Warheads but damn would this thing look ripped will of that extra hardware hanging off of it.

Double fold boosters? What's the logic behind that?

To leave and come back? Aren't the fold boosters in the M7 timeframe usable once, then discarded?

I finally got shipping notice of mine, so I'm very happy to see this thing come by the end of week.

Double fold boosters? What's the logic behind that?

Hey, I didn't say it made sense. There is, however, a picture in the VF-19 Master File with a squadron of VF-19's fully-loaded and it looks pretty bad-ass.

Its a shame that blazer will come on glossy plastic I always imagine this valk like the max´s vf 22s in a darker tone of course and seeing the all the vf 22 and the vf 11c it woul be nice that glossy difference the civilian of the military <_<

Its a shame that blazer will come on glossy plastic I always imagine this valk like the max´s vf 22s in a darker tone of course and seeing the all the vf 22 and the vf 11c it woul be nice that glossy difference the civilian of the military <_<

I fully agree. Doesn't bother me so much on the KAi, but they should go back to a matte finish for the blazer and definitely for the VF-17.