The Amazing Spider-Man, on Blu-Ray/DVD Nov. 9, 2012

areaseven

• 1 month later...

Disney and Marvel need to capture the next generation of 6-10 yr olds to keep the franchise empire going :D

...plus Stan Lee will probably be dead in 15mins :unsure:

Wait a minute now, Martin Sheen, Sally Field, & Dennis Leary? This movie has fail written all over it (note: all of the afore mentioned actors are fine on their own). Get Emma Stone hell out of there before it's too late!

If it was 2001 and I saw that trailer, I'd be pretty excited. Ten years later, it's just a rehash. I got a feeling that the direction of the story might be better but I don't need to know more about Spidey's background. It's time to get down to putting him to the nitty gritty of what it's like to be a superhero. Emma Stone looks good but...

I hope they're brave enough to kill Gwen Stacy off like she's suppose to be.

For game fans, this looks like MIrror's Edge! I don't really need to see this story again, so soon.

I thought the same thing. That would be a cool game though.

I hope they're brave enough to kill Gwen Stacy off like she's suppose to be.

Probably not. Also why is that in spoilers?

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Deja-vu. I just can't imagine this thing being a runaway success.

Ten years, then reboot, huh. Does this mean we can expect a cool, non-Bay Transformer movie in 5-6 years? B))

http://www.theonion.com/articles/classic-movie-avatar-updated-for-todays-audiences,18052/

Classic Movie 'Avatar' Updated For Today's Audiences

SEPTEMBER 10, 2010 | ISSUE 46•36

LOS ANGELES—Paramount Pictures confirmed Monday the Dec. 23 release date for Avatar 2KX, a remake of the beloved 2009 sci-fi thriller Avatar that will bring the story into the modern era with faster-paced action sequences and cutting-edge visual effects. "Avatar was a true classic of its time, but today's audiences demand a state-of-the-art immersive experience that goes beyond the kitschy charm of the original," said Paramount CEO Brad Grey, who ordered producers to cut 40 percent of the original script's dialogue, simplify the moral so that the humans are now the protagonists, and add several Na'vi sex scenes. "Our hipper, bolder, and updated movie is sure to resonate with younger generations and older fans alike." Grey had no comment on speculation that Avatar 2KX would feature cameos from one or more of the original film's surviving stars.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/classic-movie-avatar-updated-for-todays-audiences,18052/

Classic Movie 'Avatar' Updated For Today's Audiences

SEPTEMBER 10, 2010 | ISSUE 46•36

LOS ANGELES—Paramount Pictures confirmed Monday the Dec. 23 release date for Avatar 2KX, a remake of the beloved 2009 sci-fi thriller Avatar that will bring the story into the modern era with faster-paced action sequences and cutting-edge visual effects. "Avatar was a true classic of its time, but today's audiences demand a state-of-the-art immersive experience that goes beyond the kitschy charm of the original," said Paramount CEO Brad Grey, who ordered producers to cut 40 percent of the original script's dialogue, simplify the moral so that the humans are now the protagonists, and add several Na'vi sex scenes. "Our hipper, bolder, and updated movie is sure to resonate with younger generations and older fans alike." Grey had no comment on speculation that Avatar 2KX would feature cameos from one or more of the original film's surviving stars.

Is there a word for a joke being so close to truth that it isn't funny? :wacko: "Dilbertonian" maybe? :p

Did Bono work on the music in the trailer? Anyway, I don't know if I can go through the origin story again, even with Gwen Stacy just replacing Mary Jane's role this time around.

But it's different this itme, 'cus it's "darker." :)