The Amazing Spider-Man, on Blu-Ray/DVD Nov. 9, 2012

areaseven

There won't be a mask. The filmmakers feel that the casual movie fans won't buy it and what works in the comic book won't work for the big screen! Theyre just gonna give him really big sunglasses and a backwards red cap.

lol. jk...

I heard it was just going to be a light blue hoodie.

The Raimi-movie suits actually were pretty darn close to the comics so the new suit actually feels like a departure from the comics and the previous movies. The previous suit probably looked like armor because the stuntmen wore muscle-pad inserts in the suit. Garfield has a thinner physique so it probably feels less like a someone in a "suit of armor". About the web-shooters? There's talk of some budges on his wrists.

Also someone has made a gamma-enhanced version of the pick:

light.jpg

God, is that suit fugly. But then again, I like the original red and blue costume he wore in the 60's and 70's anyway.

I certainly hope they don't screw up the black costume, but then again, how hard is it to screw up the symbiote (and the replacement costume Felicia Hardy made for him when he got rid of the thing way back in the classic Web of Spider-Man comics)?

Stone Says Spidey Has Mechanical Webshooters

She doesn't say much which makes me wonder about her answer. Take it as you will.

I've actually never understood why this is such a big deal. Personally I think him making mechanical web-shooters for himself is a little silly. I mean, are we honestly supposed to believe that a high school kid is able to bang out a piece of hardware that can combine stable, room temperature chemicals into high-strength polymer filament as some soft of weekend project, when the worlds largest chemical companies haven't been able to do the same thing despite spending millions of dollars in research money?

I've actually never understood why this is such a big deal. Personally I think him making mechanical web-shooters for himself is a little silly. I mean, are we honestly supposed to believe that a high school kid is able to bang out a piece of hardware that can combine stable, room temperature chemicals into high-strength polymer filament as some soft of weekend project, when the worlds largest chemical companies haven't been able to do the same thing despite spending millions of dollars in research money?

Don't remember if it was in the comics or one of the cartoons, but Parker created web not just because of his brains but also due to the spider’s instinctive combination of enzymes. So the spider in him “told him what to do”.

In the Ultimate version, he reverse engineers some gluing compound or so that his scientist father was working on before he died.

Don't remember if it was in the comics or one of the cartoons, but Parker created web not just because of his brains but also due to the spider’s instinctive combination of enzymes. So the spider in him “told him what to do”.

In the Ultimate version, he reverse engineers some gluing compound or so that his scientist father was working on before he died.

Also, people tend to forget because he's usually struggling to pay the bills with money he gets for photos of himself as Spider-Man, but Peter Parker's a genius. Not smart, but actual genius. I remember reading one comic that suggested that he was smart enough to collaborate with Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and Hank Pym.

Also, people tend to forget because he's usually struggling to pay the bills with money he gets for photos of himself as Spider-Man, but Peter Parker's a genius. Not smart, but actual genius. I remember reading one comic that suggested that he was smart enough to collaborate with Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and Hank Pym.

Re: genius level collaborations with other Marvel intellects. He's actually been doing a bit of that during the current story-ark of Amazing Spider-Man (and as an Avenger).

-b.

Dunno if this has already been mentioned but,..Dr Conners is in ,and as the villian-the lizard!!( played by:Rhys Ifans)

Now please have small eye whites with a thick black border around it for the mask- aka classic spider-man!!

But either way I,m happy with the lizard being in the movie and don,t mind the spider-man costume( I hope we see them punch it out in the glades!).

Edited by troyness

What I really wanna see is a :

* gliding

*light sensitive eye,s

*fanged

*cement cutting talons

Miguel O,Hara-spider-man 2099 movie or atleast an anime!!

What,s the game like?

Here's another view: http://perezhilton.com/2011-01-21-first-look-at-the-new-spider-man-suit

So the lighting is making those eyes reflect some nasty red-eye effect cuz the other shots show the eye lenses as white.

Makes me glad Raimi got the suit right when he was in charge...

At this point, I wanna see the promotional shots, not the stunt costumes.

Behind the scenes shots always are up for argument.

Im going against the grain here,but I love the new costume. If any of you are familar with the comics,spidey changes his costume now and then,and this one has a great look. Im veiwing it as it might look in the film,not judging it from a set photo. it'll be great,i think it works.

Peter's always been a genius, even in high school. I would loved to have partnered with him in any shop class ;) .

You're wrong guys. That suit is not ugly... its fugly.

Edited by Wanzerfan

I just got a flanders remix???

Abit off topic, has anyone got either:

*spiderman 2099 TPB or

*spiderman 2099 genesis TPB???

The reason I,m asking is spiderman 2099 TPB= 290 pages reprints issues 1-10

But here,s the wierd part spiderman 2099 genesis TPB only has 196pages... but it reprints issues 1-13???