Sequels You Want To See Made

I want another Conan movie.

Quit stating the obvious. Everyone wants to see another Conan movie.

By strange coincidence, I was watching Conan the Barbarian last night. I can't decide whether I like the theatrical release better, or this DVD version with the extra bits at the end. Damn, I wish the entertainment industry would stop messing with my mind ... :blink:

OP - Go as in the Japanese movie about zainichi kankokujin? I liked that movie.

I want to see a sequel to Rolling Thunder. Charlie Rain was a badass character up there with Braddock, Rambo, whoever.

I've gotta admit that I'm very much looking forward to the next Star Trek movie. I've been wanting this since before the credits even started to roll my first time through this last one.

I'm still waiting for them to make that third X-Men movie. You know, the one that picks up where the second one left off, directed by Bryan Singer, and isn't an hour and a half Wolverine fanboy wank with no character or plot consistency.

Evil Dead 4.

I've gotta admit that I'm very much looking forward to the next Star Trek movie. I've been wanting this since before the credits even started to roll my first time through this last one.

I'm still waiting for them to make that third X-Men movie. You know, the one that picks up where the second one left off, directed by Bryan Singer, and isn't an hour and a half Wolverine fanboy wank with no character or plot consistency.

Evil Dead 4.

Already been made. It's subtitle is The Last Stand. And from what I've head of the movie, it would piss off even the least rabid X-Men fan, the story was mucked up so much.

I heard the reason why is because most of the actors were bailing to do "Superman Returns".

Evil Dead 4.

Yeah a GOOD x-men movie would be nice. One where everyone's powers were correct and night crawler is in it. On a side note i was ok with the Phoenix being a split personality of Jean Grey.

A good Afro samurai. Resurrection was crappy.

Another Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex season.

A true ending to tenjo tenge

Already been made. It's subtitle is The Last Stand. And from what I've head of the movie, it would piss off even the least rabid X-Men fan, the story was mucked up so much.

I heard the reason why is because most of the actors were bailing to do "Superman Returns".

no, the american version go.

go.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139239/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(1999_film)

i thought that it was going to be stupid at first. but then my friend rented it and it is pretty good.

it's divided into 4 parts (kinda like pulp fiction):

Ronna's Story (about xtc)

Simon's Story (about a trip to vegas)

Adam & Zack's Story (about xtc again)

Conclusion (it wraps everything up)

and the people from the first 3 parts all cross paths during the movie. so the movie shows them crossing paths and how they all had different experiences.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

That would be nice... especially for the Wii... probably a little dance off contest against S.C.5's Ulala.

I can see it now...

Ulala: "Dodge... dodge... shoot, shoot, shoot."

Vanessa: "What is this crap? THUNDERBIRD!"

Ulala: "Hey, that's cheat-ARGLLBLARGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *twitch*"

Seriously, I can't see it working well on the Wii. For a game as focused on precision and timing, the Wiimote just doesn't work well(and I just don't see them releasing a classic controller-only game at retail).

Honestly, if there was an endless mode on the 'Cube, I'm not sure I'd be looking for a sequel.

Because really, that's all that PN3 is missing.

what are some sequels that you want to see made?

i'll put "Go" on the list. i doesn't have to be a direct seqel with the same actors but a sequel made in the same formula as "Go".

Great idea for a thread.

I would have liked to have seen a film following on from Star Wars Episode 6.

Taksraven

Great idea for a thread.

I would have liked to have seen a film following on from Star Wars Episode 6.

Taksraven

yes indeed. another trilogy and turn the star wars franchise into a trilogy of trilogies (even though i don't like episodes 1, 2 & 3). somebody told me years ago (when ep. 1 was in development but not released yet) that there were actually going to be 9 movies but that lucas didn't want to make the last 3 movies. this turned out to be false, or either fan fiction as he said that there were already books out for ep. 7, 8 & 9 (he said that luke goes to the darkside and leia becomes a jedi but there are no such books. i googled it and nothing comes up at all).

the 9 part story is still a mystery, did Lucas just change his mind? Who knows, and at this point, doesn't really matter. As far as any books are concerned, they're all licensed fanfic crap anyway, wouldn't bother with them.

yes indeed. another trilogy and turn the star wars franchise into a trilogy of trilogies (even though i don't like episodes 1, 2 & 3). somebody told me years ago (when ep. 1 was in development but not released yet) that there were actually going to be 9 movies but that lucas didn't want to make the last 3 movies. this turned out to be false, or either fan fiction as he said that there were already books out for ep. 7, 8 & 9 (he said that luke goes to the darkside and leia becomes a jedi but there are no such books. i googled it and nothing comes up at all).
Dark Empire involved Luke's corruption, I believe.

the 9 part story is still a mystery, did Lucas just change his mind? Who knows, and at this point, doesn't really matter. As far as any books are concerned, they're all licensed fanfic crap anyway, wouldn't bother with them.

Yeah, the Star Wars is a nine film trilogy of trilogies stories has been floating around since at least the early 80's possibly earlier. I have not been able to ever track down a direct quote from Lucas himself saying that there was going to be nine films and I would be happy to know if such a quote exists.

I certainly think that there is scope for it but as far as I know all written material set after Episode VI is considered "Expanded Universe", in other words, non-canon.

Taksraven

Yeah, the Star Wars is a nine film trilogy of trilogies stories has been floating around since at least the early 80's possibly earlier. I have not been able to ever track down a direct quote from Lucas himself saying that there was going to be nine films and I would be happy to know if such a quote exists.

I firmly believe that George Lucas makes stuff up as he goes along, but he did say something to that effect in the preface of a re-issue of Splinter of the Mind's Eye (now there's a book to avoid):

It wasn't long after I began writing Star Wars that I realized the story was more than a single film could hold. As the saga of the Skywalkers and Jedi Knights unfolded, I began to see it as a tale that could take at last nine films to tell—three trilogies—and I realized, in making my way through the back story and after story, that I was really setting out to write the middle story.
Edited by Vile

Another Incredibles would be awesome! I'd love to see more Crusher Joe, Banner of the Stars, Area 88, Utena and Sailor Moon!

I want to see a good attempt at rebooting or sequel for Area 88 as well. The 2005 adaptation was a bit bland and didn't quite stack up to the original imo. More contemporary aircrafts: F-15's, F-16's, SU-30's would also be a plus for me.

- Capcom vs. SNK 3

- Full Metal Panic Season 3 (not the comdey stuff!)

- Galaxy Quest 2

- anything original timeline Star Trek, 24th century and beyond

i heard that full metal panic is coming soon. they are waiting for the author to finish writing his novel series before they turn them into anime.

As of April 2007, there have been nine novels and ten short story collections published. There is also a significant number of short stories that have not yet been published in a collection, making the stories difficult to find outside back issues of the magazine. The main storyline is still continuing, with the latest novel, Approaching Nick of Time, released on February 2008. Shoji Gatoh has recently stated in his blog that the next novel will be the "climax" of the series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Metal_Panic!#Novels

Can't believe that I forgot this one. They need to make The Restaurant at the End of the Universe as a sequel to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy that was done as a film a few years ago.

The story goes that Hitch Hikers made a profit, but not enough of a profit to warrant another film. A pity.

Taksraven