Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Man, I'm just happy that I'm getting one of these! :p

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first Valk to have it's rear engines not be apart of the feet in Battroid mode? :huh:

-Kyp

I'm not 100% percent sure. The VA-3 has engines in the wingroots area, and it's creation was prior to the YF-21. Dunno about the other valkyries we haven't seen yet either, like the VF-16. Not entirely certain on the VB-6 Koenig Monster either, since it has thruster ports all over the back.

I'm loving what I see of the YF-21 toy, more and more. :D

Edited by Sumdumgai

I'm not 100% percent sure. The VA-3 has engines in the wingroots area, and it's creation was prior to the YF-21. Dunno about the other valkyries we haven't seen yet either, like the VF-16. Not entirely certain on the VB-6 Koenig Monster either, since it has thruster ports all over the back.

I'm loving what I see of the YF-21 toy, more and more. :D

Well then, if nothing else, it's the first Yamato Valk with that feature one way or the other, lol. :p

Goddamn, I'm soooo glad I'm getting one of these. I just hope that someone will cast clear canopies for a quasi VF-22 conversion. I would buy one for mine in a second.

-Kyp

More pics from Wonderfest. Think these haven't been seen before?

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/009376/

Undercarriage sure looks sexy... that didn't turn out too right! :p

Thanks for the pics and link!!

A couple of those gaps between the FP's and the bird proper could bug me a bit. But I'm sure I'll eventually learn to live with them.

Just tell me that those kite and YF-21 emblems by the cockpit are tampo-printed. :unsure:

So, since the YF-21 is being released very soon, and Macross' 25th anniversary lasts the entire year, what do you guys think are the chances that Yamato will pull a 25th anniversary special edition YF-21 before the year is out? :unsure:

After all, it would help them amortize the tooling that much faster by releasing another scheme independent of licensing issues... just a thought... :mellow:

Edited by mechaninac

I'm more interested in owning the stock macross plus colour. I like the blue.

If they were going to do a non-canon paintscheme: go for the Gamlin vf-22 black stealth scheme. Unlike the yf-19 I think it would suit the 21 because it looks like a logical black ops type fighter more. (ie like the like the vf-17 nightmare's cousin)

Whereas the 19 looks good as game edition or standard anime colour. I think black was wrong for it. It's the reckless, loud, unsafe-to-use robot, while the 21 is the careful, cool-headed, "sneak-up-behind-them-and-kill-them-suddenly without anyone noticing" robot. (even the gunpods are hidden and concealed) :D Heck the pilot must enter into a prayer-like wishing for something good to happen for it to happen, and meditate to get things done reminding us this is the robot for the pilot with a focused mind. Sit this next to the credit card valk (which looks very much like the black valk seen in SDF:M) and you have a team of assassin robots!

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So who is pre-selling this toy? And, can you find one for $200 (before shipping) or is that just a dream?

LAFtoys.com has it for $212.95 before shipping.

:ph34r:

I got lucky. LAFtoys had shut down preorders but someone cancelled. Thus, I have my pre-order in for $212 and their shipping (compared to any on Ebay) is reasonable.

I cancelled. I am having to leave the company I work for cause it sucks really bad here and I will need the extra dough for the "inbetween" time. So.....you're welcome ^_^

:ph34r:

I got lucky. LAFtoys had shut down preorders but someone cancelled. Thus, I have my pre-order in for $212 and their shipping (compared to any on Ebay) is reasonable.

VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE had them for $195 not including shipping and the total in the U.S. was $208 shipped...max. (Shipping is $9-13 depending on location in the U.S.) Mine came out to $208 shipped, BTW. He said he was going to try and get a few more for anyone else who wanted to get in on the group order.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I'm gonna wait and see what happens with the first release. I don't think it's going to be that hard to find at a reasonable price later. And you can be sure that Yamato will re-release it at some point. I still need to pick up an SV-51 Nora and CF version, not to mention a VF-0S with Ghost, so I'm overwhelmed as it is. Damn you, Yamato!!! :lol:

I think the dreaded 1st release syndrome has been somewhat exorcised by Yamato's last 2 releases. The dd SV-51(loose hardpoints for the missiles) and the yf-19 (crooked gunpod in fighter mode) had very minor issues. These 2 issues are the worst problems I've had with my last 8 or so Yamato purchases.

Edited by Golden Arms

I think the dreaded 1st release syndrome has been somewhat exorcised by Yamato's last 2 releases. The dd SV-51(loose hardpoints for the missiles) and the yf-19 (crooked gunpod in fighter mode) had very minor issues. These 2 issues are the worst problems I've had with my last 8 or so Yamato purchases.

DD also had a number that were sold with reversed hinges in one of the wings. Overall though yes, nothing as bad as their VF-0 releases or the ancient VF-11B and YF-19 in 1/72 scale.

Oh boy, this bad boy comes out just in time for my birthday. Im picking this and the YF-19 FP as gifts to myself. Guess I will give my "old" YF-21 to my little brother. :p Now all I need are Macross 7 valks in 1/60 and I'd be a very happy man indeed.