Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

they can still command good money eh! I'd say a "sealed" rated example would definitely bump up into the 40k price point.

Those have been up for a short while now. I was originally dead set on getting an Arcadia YF-19 when I first decided to get into collecting about a year ago, but after getting the Bandai VF-19 Advance, I have now almost completely lost all interest (especially at these prices still).

I know the VF-19 isn't the YF-19 and it's a Frontier valk, SMS etc. etc.... But regardless it has more than satisfied my Isamu 19 itch. Am I the only one? Or do others feel the same way? For those that don't, is the Arcadia really still worth the pick-up when considering the cost?

I have both the Arcadia & Bandai and I love them equally! I couldn't imagine just having one or the other as each have their own qualities which set them apart. So personally yes I do think its worth picking up the Arcadia also.

Short answer = yes. Depends on your preferences though. I like the beefier, 90's battroid looks, so its a no brainer its Arcadia's for me. Plus Bandai's spam tampo displeases my eyes (j/k) They should donate one of their tampo machines to the needy (hint)

I have both the Arcadia & Bandai and I love them equally! I couldn't imagine just having one or the other as each have their own qualities which set them apart. So personally yes I do think its worth picking up the Arcadia also.

Short answer = yes. Depends on your preferences though. I like the beefier, 90's battroid looks, so its a no brainer its Arcadia's for me. Plus Bandai's spam tampo displeases my eyes (j/k) They should donate one of their tampo machines to the needy (hint)

Thanks for the insight, guys! I agree the differences really sets them apart, but the price of the Arcadia (especially now on the secondary market) is such a big barrier. I guess I'll keep hunting and hopefully come across a deal. -_-

Wow. Still commanding good amount of money. I'm just glad I bought it during MSRP. Lucky to have two. ;)

Those have been up for a short while now. I was originally dead set on getting an Arcadia YF-19 when I first decided to get into collecting about a year ago, but after getting the Bandai VF-19 Advance, I have now almost completely lost all interest (especially at these prices still).

I know the VF-19 isn't the YF-19 and it's a Frontier valk, SMS etc. etc.... But regardless it has more than satisfied my Isamu 19 itch. Am I the only one? Or do others feel the same way? For those that don't, is the Arcadia really still worth the pick-up when considering the cost?

I love my Arcadia one more than my Bandai one, even though Bandai has great transformation gimik and more articulated. But for me, Arcadia one is more collectible looking and more bulkier looking in Battroid mode, even though it has some QC flaws in it. And is it worth the price? I think it is. That release is kinda limited compared to their new releases nowadays. So price really goes up if you miss the MSRP window before. ;)

they can still command good money eh! I'd say a "sealed" rated example would definitely bump up into the 40k price point.

True and true. And having an Arcadia one now makes you hope that atleast you already have their YF-19 just in case they decided to revisit the YF-21 in the future. ;)

I agree esp the Tampo Machines. :lol:

Here are the closer photos of my completed weathered and stickered YF-19.

Nice weathering eggy99. Not too much and not too little. :wub:

I always wonder regarding that 'New Edwars'. Is it really New Edwars or New Edwards? I remember watching this in sub and dub and they always use 'Edwards'. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

Nice weathering eggy99. Not too much and not too little. :wub:

I always wonder regarding that 'New Edwars'. Is it really New Edwars or New Edwards? I remember watching this in sub and dub and they always use 'Edwards'. :rolleyes:

Engrish at its best/worst. It's always been New Edwards. The Macross Plus bluray release includes a booklet specifically about Edwards AFB, and how New Edwards is based on it.

I'm pretty sure Hasegawa got it right on their markings, but not every company has that kind of experience with US aircraft and markings.

Edited by Chronocidal

Engrish at its best/worst. I'm pretty sure Hasegawa got it right on their markings, but not every company has that kind of experience with US aircraft and markings.

Cool. Good thing the one that I did for my YF-19 is New Edwards. Even 'Edwars' is the official one, 'Edwards' sounds better. ;)

Glad you guys like it. :D

As much hard work it is along with the grumbling about the stickers etc I really do enjoy the process and I'm slowly improving my skills. The end results makes a big difference displayed.

Very nerve racking when first going at it with the weathering markers. I'm never 100% sure it'll look the way I've envisioned it in my imagination/expectations based on other people's work.

Hope when my son is older (he just turned 2 on weekend passed) he will take an interest in this hobby and we can work on models together :D

I can definitely vouch for that as a fun thing to do, I grew up building models with my dad from a very early age (4 I think).

Just make sure to pick out a few cheap kits to let them learn on. Snap-tite kits were a fairly new thing when I started, so I started out just fitting parts and rubber banding things together, but it's much easier now with all the kid-themed kits.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I probably won't buy more unless there's some significant changes to the wing mechanism. That's really the only issue I have with my current ones.

Maybe they'll do a simplified version with just the fast packs instead of the massive missile load?

Edited by Chronocidal

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. :rolleyes:

I guess that its possible they are trying to cut demand and cement market position ahead of bandai's yf-19. A re-issue would help catch those who missed out and leave less demand for something which hasnt been teased more as yet. They may also have word bandai is soon to provide more info on the yf-19.

However i dont thk you will need a re-shoot if you are re-issuing something which wasnt too long ago released.

Or perhaps they are re-releasing an updated...........box. :D

@eggy99: How did I miss this? A little late, but fantastic job on the YF-19!

Thanks. I'm glad I didn't mess it up, because I was a little worried about going too much since it is a light coloured valk.

Maybe because they know Bandai will announce their YF-19 soon. They want to try and steal their thunder with a re-release at lower price point (remove all the missiles and accessories except the FAST packs).

They should re-release with the arm cannons. How many would double/triple/quadruple dip if the arm cannon was included? I'm happy with my single YF-19 and VF-19 Adv (I actually sold my 2nd YF-19).