Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Why is he sharing it now? :wacko::huh::mellow:

lol, he noticed bandai's hi metal revival.

Mr. K should've shown a photo of the vt-1 and max and miria. brought some attention back to arcadia :D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

And creepy dolls... I love the stuff that Yamato/Arcadia puts out, I hope they do bring out a competing 1/100 scale line against the HI-Metals. The only stuff I like in the Hi-Metal line so far are the destroid's and the enemy mecha. I am kind of turned off of the line though because the VF-1's don't look right to me at all.

Guest davidwhangchoi

But thanks to davidwhangchoi we already know that Mr-K mentioned that the project was shelved a long time ago because it'd be too expensive if made now.

no need for thanks, you're always helping re-size pics for better clearer images on scoops :)

i hope arcadia has some more things up their sleeve to compete with bandai.

Bandai's always getting everyone hooked on scarce pre-orders and once it's about to be released, they throw up a bunch of announcements to get you more hooked. and then they short you on pre-orders!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 months later...

So, has anyone successfully tightened the "middle" hinge in the wing swing-bar? That's the most important one, and the loosest one. It can make the wings swing out even when the wings are in the full-back high-speed position. (and of course, allows the wings to fall back from full-forward if a moth flies by it...)

I just added some more clear nail polish to mine again, but the actual pivot is inaccessible, I can only add layers where the two bars "overlap" which has little effect.

I've considered clamping down hard on the rivet with pliers, as that should tighten the joint by expanding the rivet's bottom end--but I don't really want to badly mar the metal. (moderate pressure leaves some small marks, and accomplished nothing---but you can't see it anyways, in either position)

Using pliers on the rivet is probably the best option. If you are worried about marring the metal put something inebetween the hinge and the pliers. Thick card stock, or something similar.

I can vouch for the pliers method as well, I think I used some with a smooth internal surface, so it didn't make any marks on the metal.

Thanks for the advices, guys. I might try this one if it really become so loose. But curious though. Is this going to be like a lifetime thing? Like once it gets loose again and again, will keep on using pliers on the said rivet? Any chance that the area will keep on somehow 'flattening' ovetime? Thanks. ;)

Thanks for the advices, guys. I might try this one if it really become so loose. But curious though. Is this going to be like a lifetime thing? Like once it gets loose again and again, will keep on using pliers on the said rivet? Any chance that the area will keep on somehow 'flattening' ovetime? Thanks. ;)

it will have the potential to become loose over time depending on how much you mess with it, but I suspect there were inconsistencies in the assembly of the wing hinge. When I got mine fresh out of the box one side was stiff, and the other moved on its own when rolling the Valkyrie left and right.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it will have the potential to become loose over time depending on how much you mess with it, but I suspect there were inconsistencies in the assembly of the wing hinge. When I got mine fresh out of the box one side was stiff, and the other moved on its own when rolling the Valkyrie left and right.

yeah same with me... reason i don't move anything on the 19. but i'm glad someone posted how to tighten them :)

thanks!!!!

That seems to be a bit of a design flaw to me. The way the wings worked on the Yamato was just fine. You couldn't swing the wings back in fighter mode, but IIRC that never happened in M+. I guess I'll find out as I"m watching it now...

That seems to be a bit of a design flaw to me. The way the wings worked on the Yamato was just fine. You couldn't swing the wings back in fighter mode, but IIRC that never happened in M+. I guess I'll find out as I"m watching it now...

It does. It is a "high speed mode" configuration. I could have done without it, but they were going for the kitchen sink.

Edit: Grabbed some frames.

bmF7Dfs.png

zm4FUAQ.png

TuhcFBI.png

p43kzVQ.png

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Guld throws the 21 in high speed a lot more than Isamu does with the 19, and it is also animated more deliberately.

hehe! shows the superior performance of the 19 if Guld had to use HP mode more often.. B)) Well actually I don't know if that is the case but I'd certainly like to think so! :D

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, I did a combination of a drop of super glue on the inner surface of the joint and moving it while it dried, and then gripping lightly with pliers over the rivet. I don't move them that often, so the joints have remained tight so far.

It does. It is a "high speed mode" configuration. I could have done without it, but they were going for the kitchen sink.

Edit: Grabbed some frames.

bmF7Dfs.png

zm4FUAQ.png

TuhcFBI.png

p43kzVQ.png

I stand corrected. I paused it and got distracted, Still would have missed it had I not been looking for it. I don't really like VG wings, coming from an aeronautics perspective. I also really have a difficult time envisioning how the wings on the 19 would actually swing back (without the mechanism on the arcadia), which would not be viable. Aerodynamically it's flawed. Not to mention, you'd lose a lot of lift with that configuration... Ah well, that's not a discussion for this board...

For me it was absolutely a good buy. I have two. It's likely going to be the most accurate Battroid for the 19 in this scale for some time. Fighter mode is beautiful. Battroid mode is beautiful and it even looks good in Gerwalk.

I have two Bandai's along the way but I can tell their 19 is not gonna be like the 19 I saw in Plus (in terms of proportions; obviously it's not the same since it's a VF designation and not a YF). It should be a fun one to own as well but if you're looking for a PLUS version 19, the Arcadia is gonna be pretty hard to pass up imho.

Edited by xrentonx

I stand corrected. I paused it and got distracted, Still would have missed it had I not been looking for it. I don't really like VG wings, coming from an aeronautics perspective. I also really have a difficult time envisioning how the wings on the 19 would actually swing back (without the mechanism on the arcadia), which would not be viable. Aerodynamically it's flawed. Not to mention, you'd lose a lot of lift with that configuration... Ah well, that's not a discussion for this board...

The only aerodynamic advantage to swinging back the wing that far would be purely to reduce drag. Of course elephant in the room is the loss of lift that would accompany it (as was said above). You would be reduced to the lift you get from the body itself, which could easily start to counteract any reduction in drag you got in the first place. So, yeah, only good for reducing drag under conditions where very little lift is required..let's just call it lawn dart mode. I can't even see it being that useful at higher Mach numbers because I don't think it would help much to sweep the wings back that far when the forebody and wing root are already going to be forming shock waves anyway.

I've always liked swept forward wing configurations and the benefits they get in control surface effectiveness at high angles of attack compared to normal aft swept wings.

Oh yeah all about that AOT, I used to play a game called Jane's ATF on PC. OMG did I have an advantage using the X-31?? if I am correct (I could be so wrong). Was so fun having dog fights in the office during slow times in the summer.

Edited by Loop