Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Did the original YF-19 (or the VF-19) ever have hardpoints on the wings like they do on the toys? I'd imagine some must have existed (or could have been reasonable integrated) on the wing ROOTS, but not on the wings themselves because of the very problems that exist on these toys. I don't think I ever saw any 19 with underwing weapons...

Did the original YF-19 (or the VF-19) ever have hardpoints on the wings like they do on the toys? I'd imagine some must have existed (or could have been reasonable integrated) on the wing ROOTS, but not on the wings themselves because of the very problems that exist on these toys. I don't think I ever saw any 19 with underwing weapons...

Canonically they have them, they just are never shown in the animation

How different is this Arcadia 19 when compared to Yamato's original release? I only own the Original Yf-19 from yamato. Shall i consider getting Arcadia's release? I Stumbled into it just now at HLJ, and... I don't know what to do...

Same molds created for Yamato, so I doubt any changes or improvements have been/will be made; expect what is, in essence, a straight re-release of the Yamato toy under the Arcadia banner... warts and all -- gimpy ankles included.

How different is this Arcadia 19 when compared to Yamato's original release? I only own the Original Yf-19 from yamato. Shall i consider getting Arcadia's release? I Stumbled into it just now at HLJ, and... I don't know what to do...

Completely different and redesigned from the ground up from the old Yamato YF-19 (both of them).

Same molds created for Yamato, so I doubt any changes or improvements have been/will be made; expect what is, in essence, a straight re-release of the Yamato toy under the Arcadia banner... warts and all -- gimpy ankles included.

Ha, so disappointing, and all this time i thought Arcadia's newer version was better.

Ha, so disappointing, and all this time i thought Arcadia's newer version was better.

oh I wouldn't say its completely disappointing.. its definitely better in many ways than the old Yammie's but the only issue is they didn't quite fix absolutely everything that way they really should have. And they skimped on the tampo. I still really like mine and for me personally it scores more overall points than the Bandai VF-19 Advance. But both are great toys though.

Edited by spanner76

Shorter though stockier battroid build, redesigned fighter profile, hardpoints for included weapons set and hi speed-mode though wings are finicky. Less tampo and same ankle design as the VF-19's

Scroll down for comparison pics at http://anymoon.com

Oh, so it is worth it then? So not just a rehash of the old Yamato?

I think I should sell my Yamato 19 to help fund this one then.

Edit in: thanks for the comparison pics, I just noticed those.

Edited by vlenhoff

Oh, so it is woth it then? So not just a rehash of the old Yamato?

well..... some would say keep the old Yamato 19 but for me personally after owning a "Double Nuts" which was floppy and generally unpleasant then I say heck yeah sell it if you need to raise the funds to buy the Arcadia. ^_^

I apologize for the confusion, I must've misunderstood your question. When compared to the original Yamato 1st attempt at a 1/60 YF-19, the Arcadia, which was designed as a Yamato release before it folded (forgot that Yamato closed before the toy's development was completed and it was released as an Arcadia product from the get-go :wacko: ), is a completely new beast based on the engineering development of Yamato's VF-19 toys; and as I mentioned, the terrible ankle design created for the Fire Valkyrie and its brethren was carried over into the development of the Yamato-Arcadia YF-19. The true Yamato YF-19 has the better ankle design, but everything else feels and looks inferior to the Arcadia version (Ex.: the Arcadia has no prominent gullet and arched back aesthetic in fighter mode, and no awkward long-legged lankiness in battroid form.

So, yes, the Arcadia version is worth upgrading to over the derpy Yamato... and so is Bandai's VF-19 Advanced, by the way -- opinions vary regarding its superiority/inferiority (personal tastes are all that matters in this regard) to Arcadia's YF-19, but it is a brilliant toy in its own right.

I apologize for the confusion, I must've misunderstood your question. When compared to the original Yamato 1st attempt at a 1/60 YF-19, the Arcadia, which was designed as a Yamato release before it folded (forgot that Yamato closed before the toy's development was completed and it was released as an Arcadia product from the get-go :wacko: ), is a completely new beast based on the engineering development of Yamato's VF-19 toys; and as I mentioned, the terrible ankle design created for the Fire Valkyrie and its brethren was carried over into the development of the Yamato-Arcadia YF-19. The true Yamato YF-19 has the better ankle design, but everything else feels and looks inferior to the Arcadia version (Ex.: the Arcadia has no prominent gullet and arched back aesthetic in fighter mode, and no awkward long-legged lankiness in battroid form.

So, yes, the Arcadia version is worth upgrading to over the derpy Yamato... and so is Bandai's VF-19 Advanced, by the way -- opinions vary regarding its superiority/inferiority (personal tastes are all that matters in this regard) to Arcadia's YF-19, but it is a brilliant toy in its own right.

Not too mention that the chest/torso sits lock in place during Gerwalk mode in Arcadia. Yamato, I believe doesn't have a locking tab for the torso part during Gerwalk mode. But from what I remember a lot of members here doesn't like YF-19 Gerwalk mode so with or without locking tabs, Arcadia's YF-19 is better than Yamato's YF-19. ;)

WOW, i watched some videos and yes, the changes are pretty amazing. I need to sell my original yammie yf-19 1/60 and get this one. Ha i also have the very first 1/72 YF-19 yammie xD

I think i might sell some of my Macross zero too. I wanted to be a completist, but I can't really afford it. I am more in love with the Macross plus versions tbh. I think this is the valk we all wanted back in 1994, and we are finally able to get it now. I put in my order with HLJ, and i can hardly wait to get it. I am really happy Arcadia decided to re-release this figure.

Thank you guys, i really appreciate your replies. I never imagined Arcadia re-engineered entire parts of this mecha. Even the arm mechanism seems to be more practical in this Arcadia version. I haven't bought a Macross item in so many years...

Edited by vlenhoff

Nice to see you again Jenius, it's been a while. Arcadia is it then, I'll keep the order. Thanks for the input!

Nice seeing you back. I too just came back to Macross collecting few years back, slightly after Yamato's demise. Luckily got most what I ever wanted, since I only owned 1/48's VF-1, Koenig & 1/60 19, prior to ditching the hobby in 2008.

I prefer Arcadia for the aesthetics and ease of transformation. Having owned Yamato's 19 makes the Arcadia a breeze to transform.

And slenderness of fighter mode & bulkiness of battroid mode. Like those "yin-yang" stuff, but in plastics :

*wished Arcadia is more adventurouse to release different fan-customs 19-schemes (no, not the M7 stuff)*

IMG_4602_zps1ytstv4b.jpg

Edited by aaajin

Aaajin, good to see you again! I quit the hobby as well. But I do keep me 1/48s, old V1 1/60, 4 boxed v2 1/60 and a few others(I've got no bandais). I must say, heavy family loses will drive you away from anything. They say time heal all wounds, we will see if this is true ...

This Yf-19 will be my first ever macross purchase ever since Yamato's last yf-19. "The circle is complete"

Edited by vlenhoff

HI all,

Is this 19 the best perportioned? If not, which one??

Thanx,

Eric J.

The line art and animation of the YF-19 don't keep the same proportions from mode to mode, so toys must necessarily compromise on proportions. General consensus seems to be that the Arcadia toy has the best overall balance of proportions, followed closely (as in more or less interchangeably) by the Bandai VF-19 Advance.

If you're looking for best proportions in any single mode, I think the consensus seems to be (correct me if I'm wrong, all)

- Battroid: Yamato Gnu Dou YF-19 (followed by Arcadia YF-19)

- Gerwalk: Arcadia YF-19/Bandai VF-19 Advance toss-up

- Fighter: Hasegawa YF-19 model kit (followed by Arcadia YF-19)

Almost everyone agrees that the Arcadia YF-19 and Bandai VF-19 Advance are massive improvements over the Yamato YF/VF-19s, and from there it's a matter of personal preference. (The Bandai one seems a bit slimmer overall.)

EDIT:

But again, this is just gleaning from what I've read in the thread. I don't personally own or have ever owned any of these Yam/Arc/Bandai toys.

Edited by kajnrig

The line art and animation of the YF-19 don't keep the same proportions from mode to mode, so toys must necessarily compromise on proportions. General consensus seems to be that the Arcadia toy has the best overall balance of proportions, followed closely (as in more or less interchangeably) by the Bandai VF-19 Advance.

If you're looking for best proportions in any single mode, I think the consensus seems to be (correct me if I'm wrong, all)

- Battroid: Yamato Gnu Dou YF-19 (followed by Arcadia YF-19)

- Gerwalk: Arcadia YF-19/Bandai VF-19 Advance toss-up

- Fighter: Hasegawa YF-19 model kit (followed by Arcadia YF-19)

Almost everyone agrees that the Arcadia YF-19 and Bandai VF-19 Advance are massive improvements over the Yamato YF/VF-19s, and from there it's a matter of personal preference. (The Bandai one seems a bit slimmer overall.)

EDIT:

But again, this is just gleaning from what I've read in the thread. I don't personally own or have ever owned any of these Yam/Arc/Bandai toys.

The Arcadia YF-19 has some major drawbacks to fighter mode, improvements over the Yamato version notwithstanding. It lacks much of the tampo printed details of the Bandai VF-19. And there's a rather ugly exposed section where the kneecap joins the two portions of the leg.

Bandai-VF-19Adv-4.jpg

Definitely the Bandai one all the way if we're talking about fighter mode only. Its the sleekest (IMHO). The Arcadia one has too much of a downward point to the nose and the swan neck is just too exaggerated for an aircraft and that damn thick block at the air intake.

Not to mention the exorbitant price tag, total lack of the most minimalist of tampo printing, overly complicated transformation that isn't even satisfying (but feels like I'm breaking it!), weak ankles, stupid wing/arm mechanism for fast mode, and WTF with no stand included, just an adapter nonsense. It's so blank it just looks half-assed and uncompleted next to the incredible amount of molded details all over the Bandai 19 Advanced (even in areas that you'd never see unless you were transforming it). Don't even get me talking about the pose ability in Battroid mode.

I'd gladly sell mine if I didn't put so much effort and so many hours into it to make it look remotely pass-able in my collection.

I guess you know which camp I belong too :p