Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

forget the intakes, i think there's something wrong with the whole thing. it doesn't seem to be complete... some parts are missing... but it's kinda hard to tell...

VF-1 style swing bar. Meh... The actual swing bars are prominently featured in the animation, could we not try to get something a little closer?

I'm of two minds on this issue: on the one hand, having an animation accurate swing bar would be way cool; however, on the other hand, at 1/60, they'd be far too thin and fragile to withstand even moderate handling during transformation, and in Battroid mode, without bending and breaking (I suppose they could use Stainless Steel in a multi-part assembly involving POM and metal and screws and springs, but that would increase the manufacturing and assembly cost quite a bit; one thing for sure, diecast would be out of the question), or they would need to be thick enough, and seriously out of scale to ensure durability-- similar to what you see on the old Chunky Monkeys.

Edited by mechaninac

Kelsain.... Dude, are you serious? The animation accurate swing bars are incredibly flimsy (pretty sure they're not connected to anything iirc - just free floating) and compared to the rest of the over-tech stuff going on - take a massive liberty in realism. I always hated that part, not strong enough looking.

The VF-1 style swing arm makes the most sense, looks plausible and tough. Plus in my mind fiction, it could easily incorporate a segmented spine like modularity to allow for hip twist - in unison with the nose swiveling to allow hip movement.

tldr: swing arm is better and makes more sense that the tandem twigs in the anime, in my most humble opinion.

Kelsain.... Dude, are you serious? The animation accurate swing bars are incredibly flimsy (pretty sure they're not connected to anything iirc - just free floating) and compared to the rest of the over-tech stuff going on - take a massive liberty in realism. I always hated that part, not strong enough looking.

The VF-1 style swing arm makes the most sense, looks plausible and tough. Plus in my mind fiction, it could easily incorporate a segmented spine like modularity to allow for hip twist - in unison with the nose swiveling to allow hip movement.

tldr: swing arm is better and makes more sense that the tandem twigs in the anime, in my most humble opinion.

Agreed. And yes, they were free floating and the bars were so thin that even if it were made of die cast for the toy, they would still be very susceptible to breakage. It just wouldn't be practical to duplicate on a toy.

post-10222-0-41683400-1410487606_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-31171500-1410487607_thumb.jpg

While the animated swing bars are a great homage to the original Takatokus, I agree with everything that has been said about them becoming too flimsy in real life, not to mention that they will greatly limit hip movement. There's no way you'll be able to pose a battroid A-stance with that. :-)

Back on topic, after looking at the pic in Arcadia's Tweet, I'm wondering how the new shoulder connectors are implemented. They seem a little too deep in. I don't remember them being that deep in the old toy (I must admit though, I haven't transformed my VF-0S in a looong time). If this valk locks together as tight as the v2 VF-1's I'm all game for a "renewal" VF-0S. I really do love that valk. :-)

pretty much an evolution of the v1 VF-0, can't complain, it's good design that just needed better proportions and articulation.

The intake fan blades are killing me, it's just a glued on top instead of being recessed in a small housing. Hope they fix this.

C'mon Arcadia, you can do better.

0045.JPG

0050.JPG

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Actually, I was surprised by how similar this new one looks to the original. I think they just tweaked the CAD slightly for this new version, because all the parts involved in the transformation mechanism look almost identical.

Yes I feel the same way that the V1 is pretty much like the 1/48 VF-1 sharing the identical proportion and built quality for which it came out from the same era, but we are looking at somthing like V2 VF-1.

pretty much an evolution of the v1 VF-0, can't complain, it's good design that just needed better proportions and articulation.

The intake fan blades are killing me, it's just a glued on top instead of being recessed in a small housing. Hope they fix this.

C'mon Arcadia, you can do better.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the toy is PT, they probably had to stick the fans so far up because the hip bar would be connected to a block of plastic/die cast taking up the space just behind the fan. The SV-51's isn't much better (a little bit better, but not by much).

I'm not saying they should be exactly the same, or in scale to the animation - I did say "a little closer..." I'll agree, even in the OVA, it looks like the legs would snap off.

I guess what I don't like about the swing bar is how the legs dangle from the back plate. In the VF-1, all art has shown that the hip transfer system stays in the chest. From a visual standpoint, and how my hands are used to transforming a VF-1, it just feels wrong. Despite it's flaws, I've gotta give props to the new Bandai 1/72 for reflecting the lineart here (but the scale is unfortunate).

In the end, though, it's really about how it looks when the transformation is completed. From that regard, it's looking good. Still beats the hell out of transforming a VF-171.

My criticisms are Moo anyway, as I'm not likely to be getting one of these.

the pic show us too the different blue paint, no?

I deeply regret that you made that comment. Now the forum members will start making all kinds of assumptions and imagine all kinds of situations, not remembering nor checking that the painted prototype always had those colours, taken -whether you like them or not- from the animation.

post-12283-0-52379100-1410547659_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-16060500-1410547771_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-34785600-1410547829_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-91065700-1410547858_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-41475200-1410547865_thumb.jpg

:p

I don't see it either.

The blue from the animation and the marketing poster are similar, but both are quite different from the first prototype shots shown above.

The photo that IXTL shared from Mr. K's feed does show a new blue along with the old prototype blue. I hope this means that Mr. K is taking feedback and updating the prototype, but until the final production shots are released I guess anyone who has an opinion will be able to continue the debate.

Whatever happens with the paint, I'm looking forward to buying this. It will be my first Zero-era Valkyrie.

I deeply regret that you made that comment. Now the forum members will start making all kinds of assumptions and imagine all kinds of situations, not remembering nor checking that the painted prototype always had those colours, taken -whether you like them or not- from the animation.

:p

Haha! If not for that last thing at the end I thought you was serious. I like the blue on the leg in the pic.

Edited by wmkjr

:lol:!

I never said that the blue Mr-K used matches the animation nor that people like it. I just said that the new blue some of you guys have just discovered has always been on the leading-edge root extensions of the painted prototype. I'm sure Mr-K is taking feedback but this is still the same old painted prototype. Looks like the 3x pics that I posted weren't enough to prove it.

THATS IT! something is slightly off about this disassembled test shot model kit that the creator is working on and kind enough to share with us!

I'm cancelling my PO.

:lol:

Truly I hope that the release for the VF-0D is as close to perfect as perfect can get, if not for the price that these are going to command but for the sake of ones sanity.

Otherwise it will be 20 pages of nonstop comments about *insert feedback/complaint*.

-b.

Well, glad to see that MW hasn't changed while I was away. I for one, will be hitting that preorder button with the force of an angry thunder god.

And then I will play chopsticks with my collection of MW panic buttons just to keep up appearances.

yes the blue is a bit off.

I'm glad to see Arcadia taking a page from Bandai and painting or using black/gray plastic on the underside of the valks instead of just leaving them bare same color plastic. It really just sets off the whole thing. I'm not counting the 30th 1J as a valid example of their future production standards, although it was black underneath, it was part of a larger aggressive paint scheme and not part of a standard production practice. I'm using the two 1S's which had no different colors on the underside. I hope the do it with everything going forward. The contrast is awesome and it looks a lot cleaner.

Edited by sreichma

Pretty sure it's the exact same one from a while ago, probably the exact same photo shoot even---just now those particular pics are past the embargo date and can be published.

Remember, we NEVER saw the previous YF-19's shoulder armor hinge, nor final colors. The final, final, final official pics---were a hand-painted resin protoype with the shoulders collapsed. Not actual color-molded plastic. We what actually got was very close, but not quite what was shown.

We won't know the 0D's actual production color until Mr K. tweets a shot from the factory showing sprues popping out of the mold.