Your Most recent Macross Toy Purchase - 2024 Super Metal DX Hi-Metal Premium Revival Edition Re-issue

azrael

Just now, sh9000 said:

21CD979A-48BB-4815-992D-467A55B99D7D.jpeg.b7151af6177a28a60da1031bc919c1f3.jpeg

Yamato 1/60 VF-19F.

Ah!

Is that the one that popped at Mandarake a few days ago?

Edited by Froy

I forget which version it is that has Ranka and Sheryl on it (Sayonara no Tsubasa variant, probably?), but I always liked the darker green and brighter gold tones on it.

Sadly, what I always really wanted was one with just the mouth and eye markings on it.. which, if you actually look carefully, they printed the character art directly on top of it.  :rolleyes: 

10 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Just came in. Box is glittery.

20240408_111621.jpg

Test_Pilot_2 - Yes, it's gorgeous, but could use some help. Tragically, one of the rear stabilizers is missing on the right side :(.

Doubt anyone has a spare =/.

20240408_113243.jpg

Great find! 🤩 Those stabilizer fins have a habit of popping out unexpectedly. Probably easier to ignore that it was there in the first place rather than find a suitable replacement.

Edited by shazam

On 4/11/2024 at 1:23 PM, MKT said:

Technically not the most recent, but pretty stoked to have got the Master Made Makuros SDF-1 earlier this year. It is quite a well made.

E39D2A08-7E4E-4BBF-8394-6AF52B15829C.jpeg.a5ddf26393a98000395d5805a9063fdd.jpeg

A little fun fact, this is the toy that I get the most frequent inquiries about through my website. If Master Made is still around, they really should do another print. 

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

A little fun fact, this is the toy that I get the most frequent inquiries about through my website. If Master Made is still around, they really should do another print. 

Agreed it should be re-issued. Master Made is still around, it's just they have moved completely into TF territory after making Makuros. :unsure:

On 4/11/2024 at 11:12 PM, jvmacross said:

We already have enough "toy display" threads...this thread and the "non-Macross" latest purchase thread should just feature boxed, non-displayed toys only...:unknw:

Do Models count?

1 hour ago, scand said:

Do Models count?

Yes...this is a "catch all" thread to post about all the Macross Merch  you have recently acquired....at least IMO, that should be the spirit of this thread...

Generally, these items are most likely unused, boxed, bagged, etc....the main thing is to try not to cross-post between this thread and the various "display" threads....

Or maybe the mods can simply combine the "display" threads into one mega thread...or retire the existing display threads and inaugurate a new one....

1 hour ago, scand said:

Do Models count?

...or maybe the "kit" guys may want their own..."hey look at this new Macross kit I just bought and won't ever build" thread....but seriously, who can understand those kooky "kit" guys...:p

We shall allow a bit of overflow from those kooky Model Kit guys here into this Macross only thread.

Ignore the 1970s brown shag storage room floor carpeting, here is the Imai variable 1/72 squadron I picked up on YJ a couple months ago.
Cannon Fodder had some fin damage on transport.

image.png.6982d079ec85de9a19d250f42033aae5.png

image.png.8ab22ebb50b0afbc3bceb4949763b6e9.png

I always loved this pic from the super modeling manual...now i can create it too
image.png.4a279d41773bfc79615fe0a8dc285f58.png

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

We shall allow a bit of overflow from those kooky Model Kit guys here into this Macross only thread.

Ignore the 1970s brown shag storage room floor carpeting, here is the Imai variable 1/72 squadron I picked up on YJ a couple months ago.

I always loved this pic from the super modeling manual...now i can create it too

Wow. What an amazing pick up. Seeing all the kits together and built is pretty darn cool. The colors on each look fantastic.

Will you be gracing us with pictures of the other modes.

Please. 

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

I’m guessing they are vintage kits just from the name Imai alone, but they look so crisp & modern.

It reminds of something I read how once upon a time the only way to have good & accurate sculpt was through kits & not toys. Nowadays that bridge is almost closed. 

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

-snipe-

These look like miniature chunkies... The VF-1D really stands out! Would have been great to get a D in 1/55...  Great Collection @Shawn!

Edited by grogall

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

Now you can leave all those Imai variable 1/72 Macross kits brand new in the box and really have a reason to never actually build any of them!

:good:

9 hours ago, MKT said:

I’m guessing they are vintage kits just from the name Imai alone, but they look so crisp & modern.

It reminds of something I read how once upon a time the only way to have good & accurate sculpt was through kits & not toys. Nowadays that bridge is almost closed. 

I'm just gonna say the obvious here. The problem, other than having to build and paint the thing, is durability. Kits are made to look pretty and not be played with, and that's not conducive to a transformable model no matter what the tolerances are (and looking at the gaps in those, they are made with room to spare to save paint stripping off).

DX and Arcadia may not be all we want or can be realized, but we can actually transform the damned things more than a few times without (usually) having to touch them up again.

Having said all that, I'd love to have a 1:48 VF-1J in a Robotech Axoid paint scheme, and that ain't happening anytime soon unless someone paints one up (ain't gonna be me with my Carpal Tunnel). 😉

Bandai Micro Macross VF-17S.

Almost pulled trigger a few times on one of these over the years, but finally did recently.

Usually don’t like toys in sealed blisters, because at this stage I'm always reluctant to destroy packagings. Don’t think I will open this, so will display it as it is and it’s a good thing the blister is still clear & never / hardly yellowed considering its age.

635F8E56-EF06-45D3-AFE8-B6A6E92F0975.jpeg.abac73fee24fa94e70c1b03cd16df746.jpeg

Edited by MKT

Am I the only one who can't make heads or tails of this new thread?  It's split because you have two different threads molded into one, with links to each thread, but it's not because you have to go to the same thread to find the split.  Sorry don't get it.  And I don't get the need to split the thread in the first place.  By my estimation, this was probably the most popular thread on this forum by far.  Anything but "old," and certainly nothing that needed to be "retired."  Sure, a few things were repeated here and there, but only the most prudish scolds who scrutinize these posts for strict adherence to the rules would have pointed that out. The vast majority of us were just enjoying the flow - in that case it resembled desultory conversation.  But I digress.

And one final thing, as I rant and piss off the admins, to say that this vibrant "town square" of conversation is old and needs to be retired is to redefine the terms.  The same disease that is afflicting our society today.  Sorry to see it applied here in such rudimentary, banal, and yes, may it be said (even if it is banal), evil fashion.  By definition, evil lurks in the most banal of places.  To refuse to object to it is to sit idly by while it flourishes.

The admins may justifiably be offended by this post.  If they are, so be it.  But I would be far more impressed if, instead of deleting this post and burying the "history" thereby created, they instead chose to do what I suggest is the most sensible solution: split this single thread (which had been evidently repudiated) into two that can be sensibly read when you come onto this forum.  Otherwise it's just improvident flexing, posturing of the worst kind.  Let's go back to the fun times.  Make it easy to read and post.  Amen.

13 hours ago, MKT said:

Bandai Micro Macross VF-17S.

Almost pulled trigger a few times on one of these over the years, but finally did recently.

Usually don’t like toys in sealed blisters, because at this stage I'm always reluctant to destroy packagings. Don’t think I will open this, so will display it as it is and it’s a good thing the blister is still clear & never / hardly yellowed considering its age.

635F8E56-EF06-45D3-AFE8-B6A6E92F0975.jpeg.abac73fee24fa94e70c1b03cd16df746.jpeg

You have the others or was just interested in the VF-17S?

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/40507-macross-7-old-goodies/?do=findComment&comment=1215608

image.png.0346627756e0598be30df605e4545e50.png