Your Most recent Macross Toy Purchase - 2024 Super Metal DX Hi-Metal Premium Revival Edition Re-issue

azrael

Browines!!!

Thanks to @sh9000 for pointing me to Jungle when a opened one was available. It was like 2 months ago.

A few days latter one more popped up.

First time getting Macross stuff from them.

IMG_20240417_1839092.jpg.e08dc40961f3c5f61bd4172e1c92bd04.jpg

Super Hikky comes from Mandarake.

Just picked up the last too ones from the post office.

Brownies weren't particulary cheap but I'm happy I'm still able to fill some gaps in the Hi Metal R collection.

Edited by Froy

On 4/16/2024 at 9:45 PM, MacrossMania said:

--rant omitted--

The Macross purchases thread is in the Macross toys subforum.

The non-Macross purchases thread is in the "Anime or Science Fiction" subforum, where all the non-macross stuff goes.

The old thread is closed and archived.

Seems pretty straightforwards to me. The links are just a shortcut to the relevant sections of the forum.

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Having only the VF-17S so far, am casually interested in obtaining all, but depends on when they pop up at Mandarake to consolidate with other stuff I happen to be looking for. Sometime ago, 3 of those did, but got cart-jacked as I was pondering what else to add to the package lol.

18 hours ago, Froy said:

Browines!!!

Thanks to @sh9000 for pointing me to Jungle when a opened one was available. It was like 2 months ago.

A few days latter one more popped up.

First time getting Macross stuff from them.

IMG_20240417_1839092.jpg.e08dc40961f3c5f61bd4172e1c92bd04.jpg

Super Hikky comes from Mandarake.

Just picked up the last too ones from the post office.

Brownies weren't particulary cheap but I'm happy I'm still able to fill some gaps in the Hi Metal R collection.

Congrats!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Did you get it at a decent price? I’m a bit bummed I skipped those and then lagged on getting any while I still had the chance for under $100. Then I eventually gave up. 

I got it at slightly above MSRP. This Midnight version don’t seem to have many fans, especially when the normal version have tripled in price going by Mandarake’s rates.

It wasn’t on my radar either as I’m usually not a fan of transparent toys, but Macross plastic crack kicked in strongly when the opportunity came up. :lol:

16 minutes ago, MKT said:

I got it at slightly above MSRP. This Midnight version don’t seem to have many fans, especially when the normal version have tripled in price going by Mandarake’s rates.

It wasn’t on my radar either as I’m usually not a fan of transparent toys, but Macross plastic crack kicked in strongly when the opportunity came up. :lol:

If we had both seen it, it might have been thunderdome time. Despite the pitfalls, I love me some transparent variants.

35 minutes ago, MKT said:

17 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

If we had both seen it, it might have been thunderdome time. Despite the pitfalls, I love me some transparent variants.

Yeah, when I was considering it, I decided I'd go for the transparent if I was only going to get one. Just to have something different and I also just like the look.

Banpresto Special Quality - Macross Frontier Sheryl Nome (transparent/clear hair) variant figure

Sheryl1bsm.jpg.5884083e2c9f371a283607cc7ccfc2d5.jpg

Banpresto - Ichiban Kuji Premium - Macross Frontier Diva Girasama Encore Prize (C) Peppermint Candy version Ranka Lee Premium Figure

Ranka1bsm.jpg.249ae1c7dcecb0aa3bfb1e83401b3fa7.jpg

Edited by shazam

2 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

story of my life.

Haha, it’s one way or the other for me. I’m not too bummed about that one because it’s more of a cool to have thing that isn’t going to replace my PF Arcadia or a possible bigger future SDFM version. But yeah, I’m either lag and miss out or go crazy and buy everything instantly in multiples. I was doing the latter for a long time but back into not caring as much and holding back mainly because I am way over the limit on space. If there is something I really have to have, I won’t miss out anymore though. 

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, it’s one way or the other for me. I’m not too bummed about that one because it’s more of a cool to have thing that isn’t going to replace my PF Arcadia or a possible bigger future SDFM version. But yeah, I’m either lag and miss out or go crazy and buy everything instantly in multiples. I was doing the latter for a long time but back into not caring as much and holding back mainly because I am way over the limit on space. If there is something I really have to have, I won’t miss out anymore though. 

I just went nuts on buying those macross models that went up for sale recently, featured on the front page of MacrossWorld.  Now I've got to think about storage.  Luckily for me it wasn't too much of a strain on my wallet as they were cheap.