Your Most recent Macross Toy Purchase - 2024 Super Metal DX Hi-Metal Premium Revival Edition Re-issue

azrael

27 minutes ago, MKT said:

Yeah anime accurate & I suppose we can rationalise why it is drawn as such. 

Hasegawa’s do provide an alternate interpretation that’s also equally sensible, & am just pointing it out because these kinda minutiae might matter to some folks.

I personally am not so affected by these details, but cool if pointed out which part has relevance to real-life jets to geek out on, & which ones are changed to accommodate sensibilities in Macross universe.

Sometimes I think we complain about things which are just nothing to complain about 😉. The real problem that this was TWE item released 5 years ago, once in May 2019 and then again in June 2020. But since Bandai are still releasing VF-1's and we don't really know how many are still coming, this is a product that should be released once every couple of years! Anyone actually know if there was a difference on the package for the two releases? 🤔

4 hours ago, grogall said:

Sometimes I think we complain about things which are just nothing to complain about 😉. The real problem that this was TWE item released 5 years ago, once in May 2019 and then again in June 2020. But since Bandai are still releasing VF-1's and we don't really know how many are still coming, this is a product that should be released once every couple of years! Anyone actually know if there was a difference on the package for the two releases? 🤔

Completely agree. It really should be on regular reissue since the last one was quite a while ago, though now I’m just thinking - what about the 50th 1J?

Obviously the missiles color won’t match the 50th, & Bandai should have announced some smoked or dark chrome colored missiles bundled in with the valk.

1 minute ago, MKT said:

Completely agree. It really should be on regular reissue since the last one was quite a while ago, though now I’m just thinking - what about the 50th 1J?

Obviously the missiles color won’t match the 50th, & Bandai should have announced some smoked or dark chrome colored missiles bundled in with the valk.

That will be released with the Chrome Super Packs on the 75th. Anna...🤪 Cost 55.000 yen

6 hours ago, MKT said:

I have a soft spot for these GNU-Dou VF-1s, and was trying to collect them all. Unfortunately, the price has shot up quite a bit recently, and doesn't seem to abate anytime soon, even if the HMR has displaced most of them.

Another whammy that I found out recently, is that these VF-1s tend to yellow very easily just from oxidation, not at all like the white plastics used for late Yamato / Arcadia valks, and seem to be even worse than Bandai ones. My Max 1A has similarly discolored after being out of packaging for only about couple of years which is quite a bummer. 

The pricing for them is ok given they are getting a few years behind them. This one has held up pretty good and there is no yellowing. Pretty happy with it on display.

13 hours ago, MKT said:

I've seen Hasegawa 1/48 missiles being modded to fit the DX. They might actually look better because Hasegawa's have longer pylons, so doesn't sit as close to the wings as the DX ones.

I'd love to be taken through the steps to accomplish this. If anyone has a guide...

My Armoured Strike Valkerie came today from Mykombi and Mandrake respectively...with 2 more TV Super Parts

I wander if Bandai will ever release a Valk. where everything is included in one box? 🤗

image.jpeg.a27b31fad500cc6e3a3ecef5ed05c3cd.jpeg

On 5/31/2024 at 11:47 AM, sh9000 said:

6C03A0CD-3A78-4C05-8792-ACD9B7D8275B.jpeg.2c3b41eea87d3b29c6a6b33ba5e9581b.jpeg

HMR VF-0A + QF-2200D-B Ghost x2.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

DC4A49FD-ED03-449E-821C-8E3D4984E92F.jpeg.14d66b8ab7c8d50604ae65816bfc7394.jpeg

HMR VF-0A + QF2200D-B Ghost.

Yep, you bought multiples of the same thing. Congrats! 

Fresh back from AFA.  A collection of Takatoku/Macross/Mospeada/Orguss that goes back more then ten years.  Two of these are direct from Japan.  The Orguss received an 85, the others 80s.  Some of the finest specimens I have ever seen of these and deeply proud to own.  Along with some of the other Takatoku/Bandai pieces that have to be graded, these will occupy a separate shelf when/if I have the space.  For now, I will just admire them.  So beautiful.

Takatoku AFA - 1.jpeg

Takatoku AFA - 3.jpeg

Takatoku AFA - 4.jpeg

Takatoku AFA - 5.jpeg

Takatoku AFA - 6.jpeg

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

seeing all these posts makes me want to buy one.  Why MW is so dangerous

Wait? You don't have one already?

The real struggle would be to decide if you need a second or a third one, just because...

Lol 

Outta joke. Line is pretty good and kinda cheap-ish. If you have a little spare money Hi metals are a good buy.

Edited by Froy

15 minutes ago, Froy said:

Wait? You don't have one already?

The real struggle would be to decide if you need a second or a third one, just because...

Lol 

Outta joke. Line is pretty good and kinda cheap-ish. If you have a little spare money Hi metals are a good buy.

I should do it but the reality is I'm obsessed with vintage.  It blows up my wallet every time, just like that meme that everybody passes around again, and again, and again...  Plus I'm afraid if I start down that road, there's no recovering.  

All kidding aside, I've developed a taste for modern models.  DX usually, with a little 1/60's thrown in for good measure.  Started out with 1/48 Yammies back in the day (Have one of only two graded VF-1A low viz valks - both AFA 90's).  But once I caught the vintage virus, there was no letting go.  To be sure, I did get the HMR Monster, Glaug, and Regalt (both sets).  Lolicon mentioned that they were the star of the show, and I agree with that.  But I deliberately stayed away from the valks, because, again, I need to put a roof over my head and food on the table.  Or maybe I don't, who knows?

32 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

I should do it but the reality is I'm obsessed with vintage.  It blows up my wallet every time, just like that meme that everybody passes around again, and again, and again...  Plus I'm afraid if I start down that road, there's no recovering.  

All kidding aside, I've developed a taste for modern models.  DX usually, with a little 1/60's thrown in for good measure.  Started out with 1/48 Yammies back in the day (Have one of only two graded VF-1A low viz valks - both AFA 90's).  But once I caught the vintage virus, there was no letting go.  To be sure, I did get the HMR Monster, Glaug, and Regalt (both sets).  Lolicon mentioned that they were the star of the show, and I agree with that.  But I deliberately stayed away from the valks, because, again, I need to put a roof over my head and food on the table.  Or maybe I don't, who knows?

A couple of pics of the valks I have still.  I wonder what would that low viz be worth these days...🤔

Yammie Valks - 2.jpeg

Yammie Valks - 1.jpeg

Post man just delivered some goodies this weekend.

IMG_20240609_125504.jpg.11c3a1df589ee32e534bc5f902510934.jpg

VT-1 comes from Mandarake (opened, seemed untouched and Roy VF-1S from Jungle (only the Tamashi shipper box was open)

Almost there, just a couple more to go.

8 hours ago, Froy said:

Post man just delivered some goodies this weekend.

IMG_20240609_125504.jpg.11c3a1df589ee32e534bc5f902510934.jpg

VT-1 comes from Mandarake (opened, seemed untouched and Roy VF-1S from Jungle (only the Tamashi shipper box was open)

Almost there, just a couple more to go.

Nice buys. :good:
Roy’s 1S reminds me of when Bandai made 2 separate listings for it, one with the stand and one without.