DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

Think that's jus a pure red, always see it specified as "insignia red" when instructions tell you what color to paint those.

I'm not sure the T-45 trainer scheme even counts as orange anymore.

Though, speaking of the YF-16, I wish they had stuck to the red for the YF-25. Would have looked amazing. ^_^ 

9 hours ago, dragontype said:

Lol, work is slow today.  Sorry.

Yep, I know how you feel, it's February....  From the picture that where taken at Tamashi Nations in November which showed a quick mockup with decals, the orange is a lot lighter

image.jpeg.b47e94d4c8ba9081d8bb5f4d84859b39.jpeg

then the model that they are displaying now. But like I said we will have to wait till July-August to be able too discuss if the used the right hue for the orange, Since the got the colour of the GBP almost perfect I'm very hopeful they will get it right...🤔

image.jpeg.d9e9040845bb9c6e1aa4028cba7ea8e5.jpeg

Edited by grogall

12 hours ago, grogall said:

Yep, I know how you feel, it's February....  From the picture that where taken at Tamashi Nations in November which showed a quick mockup with decals, the orange is a lot lighter

*snip image*

then the model that they are displaying now. But like I said we will have to wait till July-August to be able too discuss if the used the right hue for the orange, Since the got the colour of the GBP almost perfect I'm very hopeful they will get it right...🤔

*snip image*

Also come July-August, let's all discuss who's going to return theirs once they find out Bandai used the wrong hue for orange. :spiteful:

:lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

So far, is there an indication this has been more popular than the Mechanic Edt. 1S yet?

I'd understand if so, but I was really hoping Bandai had gotten some indication that doing reissues of Roy, Max, Kakizaki, etc was worthwhile...especially Kakizaki. (still not got his DYRL DX yet).

Edited by Radioguy

12 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

So far, is there an indication this has been more popular than the Mechanic Edt. 1S yet?

I'd understand if so, but I was really hoping Bandai had gotten some indication that doing reissues of Roy, Max, Kakizaki, etc was worthwhile...especially Kakizaki. (still not got his DYRL DX yet).

I think the reason why this would be more popular then the VF-1S (Mech Guts) is that it hasn't Been released yet, in this scale by any other company. Yamato already released the Hikaru VF-1S and Strike/Super parts with (Mech Guts) details, So a lot of people will probably only get the (Mech Guts Edition) when they are new to the series or wan't to replace the one in there collection with a better version...

This also went for the VF-1D... I can recall there was actually someone in this forum who was offering a conversion kit for the Yamato Valk, Too convert any VF-1 to a VF-1D back then. So things that weren't released before are usually highly thought after!

Edited by grogall

1 hour ago, grogall said:

This also went for the VF-1D... I can recall there was actually someone in this forum who was offering a conversion kit for the Yamato Valk, Too convert any VF-1 to a VF-1D back then. So things that weren't released before are usually highly thought after!

Yep, I made a few of those customs for MW members back in the day. The conversion kit was really nice. Not surprising, since it was made by @captain america.

IMG_1003.JPG

promo_poster.JPG

2 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Probably just easier to get. The mechanical edition was a roulette-kinda get a chance to buy.

As far as I know there is no way to just get into any web shop and buy one.

They appear at some after market places from time to time

Edited by Froy

22 hours ago, Froy said:

Probably just easier to get. The mechanical edition was a roulette-kinda get a chance to buy.

As far as I know there is no way to just get into any web shop and buy one.

They appear at some after market places from time to time

They were easily available before the release on the 17th of November! I preordered two when I was visiting Japan, One was at 39,000 yen the other at 42,000. I think a lot off people ignored the prerelease offers when they where low since it was a second release of the Hikaru VF-1S, only with strike parts. When they finally saw the real picture most people scrambled to get one. I'm sure that when the second lottery release is delivered in April the price will come down somewhat! But still good luck trying to score one! 

Edited by grogall

Think that's just the parts being sloppily installed, the promo images have them in the right place.

Course.. they've been known to photoshop things before. :rolleyes:  Still, even if the release version has that, it wouldn't be too difficult to fix, relatively speaking.

5 hours ago, grogall said:

More pictures of the Ostrich at Tamashi Nations...

image.jpeg.ab765fee53ce7322136b0f3f551d2fde.jpeg

image.jpeg.24a25588757efc8508676b6747186300.jpeg

image.jpeg.f0089a409e968778c05dd150669d1443.jpeg

3 hours ago, jenius said:

I wonder if they're going to fix the side of leg armors to cover the back of leg armor more completely. 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Think that's just the parts being sloppily installed, the promo images have them in the right place.

Course.. they've been known to photoshop things before. :rolleyes:  Still, even if the release version has that, it wouldn't be too difficult to fix, relatively speaking.

16 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I didn't expect Bandai to fix the arm attachments.

That leg armor gap is pretty unsightly. Was it always there or is that display just badly put together?

3 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Bandai waiting for mechanic edition to fix these

Nah.

Bandai seems just stancing their DX Ostrich...

stanced.jpg.3ddf4f8d986cc2441cc87b80619b9e00.jpg

:bump:

22 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looking at the pictures from behind, it certainly does seem like the side-armor for the legs isn't fully in-place for whatever reason.

Correct. A lot of stuff looks like it's not really tabbed properly. Even the intake covers looks like it's gonna come off or something.