DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

4 hours ago, Radioguy said:

There it is. They cover it 30 minutes in.

Video is private... Like usual from Japan, But maybe somebody with a VPN service would be so kind and download it and post somewhere and be kind enough to provide a link...🤗

3 hours ago, grogall said:

Video is private... Like usual from Japan, But maybe somebody with a VPN service would be so kind and download it and post somewhere and be kind enough to provide a link...🤗

Nope, not private. Just region-limited.

Let's see if I can attach a version here...

Gotta admit... I kind of feel bad for all the VAs for Delta.  I'm glad they've got ongoing work of a sort (and I don't follow anime enough to really know much about whether they're doing other series as well), but it feels like a far cry from the megablitz of everything we got from Frontier (and are even still getting).

thanks guys for enlightening me.

I thought the Walkure girls all have their own gigs and that’s why they had the Walkure final tour last year as their final performance as a group?

I recently watch the Walkure Reborn concert bluray and was quite impressed with them. Overall better singers than megumi and May’n? At least I didn’t hear any intonation issues that sometimes appear in Frontier concerts. May’n’s voice is so unique that it’s hard to compare. But maybe I should run and hide after this statement……

I don't think it's anything about the individual singers, they all sounded great in the series.  I think Delta suffered horribly from having way too many characters to manage, and the music not being good enough to stand out above the solo work in Frontier.  That's just what you get with a group, and the more corporatized approach to music, when compared with Yoko Kanno writing solos and duets for the only singing characters you need to carry through the series.

But we're -way- off of the topic at this point.  I will bring it back around and say that I think the music in SDFM and DYRL is carried more by nostalgia than anything else for people outside of Japan, since I don't think that sort of sound was really ever that popular in the US.  I guess it pretty well falls into the "city pop" genre which definitely was popular in Japan back then, but I don't know about the US.. maybe if you go back to the 50s and early 60s? 

Like it feels really weird to make the comparison, but Minmay would have probably been a good fit on the original Mickey Mouse Club. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

-Snip-

Like it feels really weird to make the comparison, but Minmay would have probably been a good fit on the original Mickey Mouse Club. :lol: 

And not just from her singing either...

image.jpeg.d739af018d50993736219d26987884c4.jpegimage.jpeg.0e00a68c09a90d83562193082fc324db.jpeg

I think you typo'ed in there somewhere. A VF-1 is 12.68 meters tall, 1268 cm. 1268/48 = 26.41 cm. A DX toy is roughly 26.5 cm tall so 1/48.

Fighter length 14.23 meters long, 1423/48 = 29.64 cm. A DX is roughly 30.5 cm long so a little on the large side but close enough for 1/48. 

Edited by jenius

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think you typo'ed in there somewhere. A VF-1 is 12.68 meters tall, 1268 cm. 1268/48 = 26.41 cm. A DX toy is roughly 26.5 cm tall so 1/48.

Fighter length 14.23 meters long, 1423/49 = 29.64 cm. A DX is roughly 30.5 cm long so a little on the large side but close enough for 1/48. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, locidm said:

thanks guys for enlightening me.

I thought the Walkure girls all have their own gigs and that’s why they had the Walkure final tour last year as their final performance as a group?

I recently watch the Walkure Reborn concert bluray and was quite impressed with them. Overall better singers than megumi and May’n? At least I didn’t hear any intonation issues that sometimes appear in Frontier concerts. May’n’s voice is so unique that it’s hard to compare. But maybe I should run and hide after this statement……

May'n is the best vocalist the franchise has had. Megumi has a nice voice but she doesn't compare to May'n. 

Junna is the only standout among the Walkure, but she lacks May'n's vocal range. The others are serviceable enough but they don't really stand out. 

I never liked Iijima Mari's caterwauling. 

I shall say no more as we're way off topic. 

7 hours ago, grogall said:

Thanks for that! The orange looks a lot closer too the VF-1D then what was shown in the official pictures which had more of a red-orange tone!?

I like this orange color in the video. Or maybe my memory is fuzzy, but i think this orange is more like the chunky 1/55 colour of old.

The promo orange colour of red-orange are more like yamato's i think..

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I like this orange color in the video. Or maybe my memory is fuzzy, but i think this orange is more like the chunky 1/55 colour of old.

The promo orange colour of red-orange are more like yamato's i think..

It's always a hard color to get right especially under studio lights! We will have to wait till July and see what the two trainers look like side by side.

image.png.edbf50471fbfe8a65a47b6fb95e673bb.png

image.gif.2af62834c2ff937d3e748cb9329948e6.gif

But too the Mecha Manual they seem to match, to the movie not as much...

image.jpeg.4390507287ca903e9674a4d884a5b4c5.jpeg

16 hours ago, MKT said:

The colors of the VT-1 is supposed to be the same as the VF-1D? So am expecting more muted hues like DX VF-1D instead of Yamato's bright orange..

I think it will be very close to the color of the High MetalR version wich is similar to the VF-1D. But we will probably have to wait till June/July until we get final production pictures...

81a03Ypx0UL._AC_SL00_.jpg

image.jpeg.895f722a969772c8325fb7dae0a96799.jpeg

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I also wonder if Bandai will include the beige feet as a bonus option parts? :spiteful:

That’s not an animation mistake, they’re just ……uh um uh….., frosty from that icy asteroid. Yeah, that’s it frosty feet

14 hours ago, Big s said:

That’s not an animation mistake, they’re just ……uh um uh….., frosty from that icy asteroid. Yeah, that’s it frosty feet

Riiight.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Ha!

Right?

:lol: 

On 2/1/2024 at 9:51 PM, grogall said:

It's always a hard color to get right especially under studio lights! We will have to wait till July and see what the two trainers look like side by side.

image.png.edbf50471fbfe8a65a47b6fb95e673bb.png

image.gif.2af62834c2ff937d3e748cb9329948e6.gif

But too the Mecha Manual they seem to match, to the movie not as much...

image.jpeg.4390507287ca903e9674a4d884a5b4c5.jpeg

I would like to see a red version replacing the orange.

26 minutes ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I would like to see a red version replacing the orange.

Yes, with you on that as well! We can hope and see...🤔

The two in the video could be the ones that where displayed at Tamashi Nations in November, while the one shown now, is a further too production release.

Edited by grogall